[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Can't remember last time I cheered on the Leafs. Makes for a great double header HNIC that's for sure. 

Kind of makes you feel dirty doesn't it.

• Haha 1

Tuned in just in time for the five nothing goal. McDavid was just floating in the D-zone doing absolutely nothing. They’re not winning a cup when their best player plays like that. 

29 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Earlier today my Dad told me he thought Edmonton would pass Vancouver, then they come out & lay an egg.

Don't listen to his advice on NHL.  

• Haha 1

Man SJ is such a terrible team... up 4-0 against the bottom dwelling Blackhawks ... Sharks end up losing 5-4... yikes.  Bedard didn't even score either.

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Man SJ is such a terrible team... up 4-0 against the bottom dwelling Blackhawks ... Sharks end up losing 5-4... yikes.  Bedard didn't even score either.

2 big ones from the Winterhawks legend Seth Jones

image.png.94525de22d12e0f04ae98d068a3bff39.png

Now spot the difference:

image.png.f36b80a8a43d8206eb6b959dd607143e.png

4 hours ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Soilers have shat the bed

Cue hissy fits among their top players

So

much fun watching McWhiner Baby and Dryer Cycle pout and cry. It means Coiler fans are suffering too. Just pure happiness for Alf. 

• Cheers 2

Saw this posted on another forum. Some in here think the Oilers are some scary team that we should be afraid of.  Puts some perspective on their record:

Oilers record vs top 20 teams
19 - 19 - 3

Oilers record vs bottom 12 teams
23 - 3 - 1

They are a pretty good team when McDrai are going, but not sure why some think they are cup favorites.   Their D is suspect, bottom 2 lines barely score, and as shown tonight they have a big question mark in between the pipes.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Darius said:

Saw this posted on another forum. Some in here think the Oilers are some scary team that we should be afraid of.  Puts some perspective on their record:

19 - 19 - 3

23 - 3 - 1

They are a pretty good team when McDrai are going, but not sure why some think they are cup favorites.   Their D is suspect, bottom 2 lines barely score, and as shown tonight they have a big question mark in between the pipes.

Skinner got hung out to dry today.  His D-core did him no favours.  Henrique was brought in as a middle-six centre but he's probably driving his team nuts doing this type of bullshit:

One thing's for sure - that top six is always going to be extremely dangerous.  They have won playoff series on that firepower alone.  Cup contender level?  Maybe not, but playoff threats nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Darius said:

19 - 19 - 3

23 - 3 - 1

I've noticed this all year.  When the Oilers play the bottom feeders, McD and Drai feast on them and they have the firepower to beat them.  When they play a top 10 team everything changes.  The only times they really have a shot at winning is when they are on the power play.  

At the end of the day, they will never win a cup with that defence and goaltending.  They can win a round or two but that is it.  They will play either LA or Vegas in the first round.  So their cup hopes may die after the first round.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Holy smokes, Monday features a real playoff tilt with STL and VGK battling for a really significant 4 point game between them.  

Currently VGK is 4 points up on STL with 1 game in hand.  If STL loses in regulation, I think that might be it for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Holy smokes, Monday features a real playoff tilt with STL and VGK battling for a really significant 4 point game between them.  

Currently VGK is 4 points up on STL with 1 game in hand.  If STL loses in regulation, I think that might be it for them.

I'm hoping things turn so we can knock Vegas out of a playoff spot on Apr 2nd. That would be awesome. 

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I've noticed this all year.  When the Oilers play the bottom feeders, McD and Drai feast on them and they have the firepower to beat them.  When they play a top 10 team everything changes.  The only times they really have a shot at winning is when they are on the power play.  

At the end of the day, they will never win a cup with that defence and goaltending.  They can win a round or two but that is it.  They will play either LA or Vegas in the first round.  So their cup hopes may die after the first round.  

First Coilers game I've seen in awhile. So overrated. I agree, it's PP or bust for that team, thus the flopping and diving. Bouchard is a hell of a passer but downright dreadful defensively. Nurse? Just lol. Then Draisatel, easily one of the most overrated players in the NHL. Check out his 5 on 5 scoring last few years, rarely wins a board battle, backchecks like a peewee house player. Goaltending still a mystery box of chocolates. Lol. Suck it Oilers. 

• Cheers 1