[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

Pens up 4-2 nearing end of the second. I was just going to post a 4-1 lead, but the Aves scored with .28 left. For some reason I don't think this is a Pens victory this afternoon. Rantanen almost got one with 4 seconds left, McKinnon won the draw so easily.

Edited by Johngould21

10 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Pens up 4-2 nearing end of the second. I was just going to post a 4-1 lead, but the Aves scored with .28 left. For some reason I don't think this is a Pens victory this afternoon. Rantanen almost got one with 4 seconds left, McKinnon won the draw so easily.

Aves is the only team I feel you're never safe having a multi goal lead. You almost need to work harder to protect the lead than to get ahead. MacKinnon can single handedly take over a game. I would take him over McDavid in a playoff series any day. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Crazy...and of course MacKinnon involved in the last 3 goals. Usually I'd say a hockey team can't win with one player alone, but I feel like Aves is almost an exception in this case.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

So

much fun watching McWhiner Baby and Dryer Cycle pout and cry. It means Coiler fans are suffering too. Just pure happiness for Alf. 

The McSoilers suck! 😆

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Johngould21 said:

Caps shut out the Jets....have those trades messed with the Jets group? Or, is Hellybuck playing tired?

Not sure but The Jets are looking like they might drop to a wildcard team. And with the Avs playing out of their minds and could end up winning the conference. Perhaps Canucks could face the Jets in the first round?

43 minutes ago, Wing said:

Crazy...and of course MacKinnon involved in the last 3 goals. Usually I'd say a hockey team can't win with one player alone, but I feel like Aves is almost an exception in this case.

Did not realize Drouin is on pace to be a 50+ pt player. And with a 800,000 Cap Hit, it makes me wonder why are the Avs so good in identifying reclamation projects like Drouin? This is the kind of moves the Canucks need to do, finding very good effective players for cheap. That's how you become and stay a contender. 

53 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Did not realize Drouin is on pace to be a 50+ pt player. And with a 800,000 Cap Hit, it makes me wonder why are the Avs so good in identifying reclamation projects like Drouin? This is the kind of moves the Canucks need to do, finding very good effective players for cheap. That's how you become and stay a contender. 

I don’t think it was the case with Drouin. It was a shot in the dark because Mac and Drouin had great chemistry back when they played for the mooseheads.

Kinda like the Jets nabbing Toffoli and Monahan because they played together in junior.

Avs also picked up Ryan Johanssen and he did nothing for them.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Wing said:

MacKinnon can single handedly take over a game. I would take him over McDavid in a playoff series any day. 

Yip. Mac is way more a complete teammate and doesn’t resort to diving and whining to get PP's to win games. 

42 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I don’t think it was the case with Drouin. It was a shot in the dark because Mac and Drouin had great chemistry back when they played for the mooseheads.

Kinda like the Jets nabbing Toffoli and Monahan because they played together in junior.

Avs also picked up Ryan Johanssen and he did nothing for them.

The Connor Brown signing in Edmonton was a similar past tie to McDavid type signing that hasn’t panned out all that well either.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1