[GDT] Around the NHL [March 2024]

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This guy looks like a legit goal scorer.  I think he could help us in the playoffs.  I’d play him with Petey.  Maybe a 1st and Raty? 

🤨

Knew this trade would look bad for us in the early goings but sadly we don't have a heck of a lot of time to turn the trade around. Calgary winning it in the short term for sure. The bigger thing is their record - they're well over 0.500 since the trade and we're just hovering at 0.500. 

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Do worry that Edmonton is going to catch us for the division lead at this rate, leading to a first round matchup with who...Vegas? Yikes.

You dont think we can beat LA and Vegas?

Canucks: "Hold my Beer"

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Knew this trade would look bad for us in the early goings but sadly we don't have a heck of a lot of time to turn the trade around. Calgary winning it in the short term for sure. The bigger thing is their record - they're well over 0.500 since the trade and we're just hovering at 0.500. 

Calgary is only 5-7 points from beating LA out of the wildcard spot.

We could actually get a legit chance in first round to show who won that trade.....

26 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Of course he'd say that.  Then proceeds to scratch one of their best D-men in Nemec.

Now watch Luke Hughes skate 30 minutes and go -3 for the night.  Travis Green hockey is gonna look real ugly.

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Do worry that Edmonton is going to catch us for the division lead at this rate, leading to a first round matchup with who...Vegas? Yikes.

They're not going to have an easy opponent regardless, the west is finally starting to clarify a bit 

LA and Nashville both hold the wildcards with 72 points apiece, but LA has two games in hand on Vegas, who has 73 points 

St. Louis lags behind all of the above with 67 in 61, they're not out of it but their two game winning streak only brings them up to roughly .500 over their past 10

St. Louis would probably be my most preferred opponent, but I don't know if they'll be able to reel in any of the others

None of Nashville, LA, or Vegas are appealing 8th seed matchups 

But neither is Edmonton, who despite the shit folks like to throw at them, has been playing a much more complete game since the coaching change 

McDavid and Draisaitl can dominate when they're on as well, we've seen them do it come playoff time before 

Which is why I don't really care if the Oil do pass us, we'd have to go through one of LA, Edmonton, or Vegas sooner or later to reach a conference final anyway 

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Of course he'd say that.  Then proceeds to scratch one of their best D-men in Nemec.

Now watch Luke Hughes skate 30 minutes and go -3 for the night.  Travis Green hockey is gonna look real ugly.

I see and hear that name and all I can think of is;  astra-rocket.gif  At least it's not us anymore..

• chaos 1

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Green establishing dominance.

3 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

If they could or would review dives, that is one one should

Call the embellishments ffs. Diving is getting worse and worse.