[PGT] Canucks vs Kings, Feb 29th 2024

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The 10M stat is interesting but also I wonder what the cap % these players have, as obviously 5 years ago the cap was very different.

That being said of course more balanced teams do better in the playoffs than top heavy ones.

So then, does a deal with Carolina make more sense for us? For example, Necas + KK/Svech > Petey?

Also Eichel cost Vegas 10M and Pietrangelo almost 9M so it's not like these teams are made up of 6M players.

You still need stars, ideally on a budget, and we have that in Miller, Hughes, Demko and now even Boeser who are playing 2M over their cap hits.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

You know the world has gone upside down when Thomas Drance is the most positive right now 🤪

Drance is always happy when Canucks are playing .500 hockey or less, it matches what he thinks of the team

10 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Jeepers dude. You're expecting an undrafted kid to just come in and March right up the lineup? Things take time. Burr took time and patience to become the player he became. Sounds like the players all really enjoyed working with Arsh. 

I’m sorry but I guess I’m sick of this losing skid and he is a scape goat… sure I hope he can rise to the nhl level… all the best to Bains… but as a fan I want them to win… so there you go 

12 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I’m sorry but I guess I’m sick of this losing skid and he is a scape goat… sure I hope he can rise to the nhl level… all the best to Bains… but as a fan I want them to win… so there you go 

You should be angry at the almost 5 million player in Mikheyev not producing instead of the undrafted rookie. This experience will really help Bains be ready for training camp. He will be on our starting line up in the fall.

18 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

We lost that game though because Pete 11.6m dollar man, Huggy, Hronek played like ass and all sporting a -3 to show for it. Bains didn't have a minus.

3 hours ago, Devron said:

Stfu Ron 

Didn’t Eichel win making 10 million? I’m sure at 10.1 mil Vegas wouldn’t have won. 😂

Such a dumb argument regardless. Lots of players have won on deals that in todays dollars would be well over 10 million. That’s why it’s about percentage of the cap not arbitrary numbers.

Crosby’s 8.7 only looks like a bargain now because the cap has gone way up. At the time it was 13.5% of the cap though. Which in todays dollars would be 11.8 million.

Petey’s deal when it kicks in will be 13.2% of the cap. Very reasonable for a top 10 scorer.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Devron said:

Just watching some Thomas Vanek highlights on the Canucks. What a badass 

Vanek was fun as a Canuck, one of the UFA signings from that period that actually worked out

Him and Miller both 

• Upvote 1