[PGT] Canucks vs Kings, Feb 29th 2024

• Jess pinned and featured this topic

the shooting % is coming back down to earth.. and the sv% have taken a beating.. we were due for the regression.. just didn't expect it to be this bad.. i can live with good hard effort with pucks not going in the net.. but we ain't getting much shots.. and everything from the other team seems to end up in the net... perhaps demko is worn out already 5 of the 11 games this month he have .900 or lower sv%.. demko getting worned out have been my worries.. outside of last season where he was injuried.. since he's been the starter on the team.. he seems to start struggling in late feb into march around the 45-50 game mark.. obviously this slump isn't on demko.. but if we have average demko the rest of the way.. we are going to be in tough.. after this tough month.. i dont think demko have a chance at the vezina.. and hughes for the norris is a big question mark now as he have struggled as bad as EP have since the all star break

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't buy the reason for their recent sub-standard results because of the All Star game events - a lot of the other stars present at the ASG don't seem to have any problems.  Personally, I think they are having some recent problems with the bigger, more physical opponents who cut down their space + time.  You look at this years results and its been the Wild / Vegas / Jets / Flyers / Blues and now the Kings that have given them the most problems - JR + company will need to decide before the TDL - if they want to go with some additional size in the 3-4th lines or add more skill to offset the heavier checking which will get even more prevalent in the playoffs.  They really need to have a balance lineup though that can play any style - I'm leaning towards some muscle in the bottom lines - no need for a big name - just someone who can grind it out and possibly give some space to their other players.  Will be glad when Joshua returns as without him, opposing teams seem to have had their way with the team.

Just Win.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He’s pricing himself out of 12 million with his play lately. lol. 

He hasn't played like a $12 million player all season. 

$11 mill max on 8 year deal. This is hoping he gets better and plays into this contract...

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

Trade Petey, strip the C off Quinn and give it to Juulsen, tank for Celebrini, profit.  

Trade Petey, Miller, Demko and Hughes at the same time.

All four would gett 4 1st  so it would be 16 1st. 😂

• Haha 2