What happened to Pettersson's one timer???

When the broadcast cuts to the Canuck bench, on a few occasions I've noticed Petey taping up his wrist. That doesn't necessarily mean he's nursing an injury. But it is curious.

• Vintage 1

He'd be able to let it rip more often if they go back to the PP setup where Miller carries the puck down ice from the left flank and if he has room he'll snipe it home, if not he goes behind the back to Hughes. Hughes either one times it or passes to Petey where he has enough room for the one-timer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sativika said:

When the broadcast cuts to the Canuck bench, on a few occasions I've noticed Petey taping up his wrist. That doesn't necessarily mean he's nursing an injury. But it is curious.

Hopefully now that he has solidified his next contract he won't be shy to  request a few maintenance days if he does indeed need some rest and recovery before the playoffs

20 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Could also be that teams have figured out ways to neutralize the shot and he needs to adjust to that.

This, I've noticed penalty killers just B-line to Petey's shooting lane whenever a pass is made to him on that one-time position

9 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

This, I've noticed penalty killers just B-line to Petey's shooting lane whenever a pass is made to him on that one-time position

Well we are paying for an assasin so he should take out the PK knees. Or Teeth, in Tanev's case.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 6:11 PM, NucksNation said:

He’s way too slow to get it off, watch how much faster Miller gets his off when he plays that spot on the pp. Pettersson needs to stop overthinking and just shoot, who cares if they get blocked. Blocks add up in series. 

The harder the shot that gets blocked, the better the chance next time the guy just screens his goalie and then ducks at last minute, or moves out of way.

You've answered your question - within your question.

It's "One Time"!

(P.S.: You're Welcome!)

Feel free to contact me with any more difficult questions!

Wile E. Coyote SUPER GENIUS | business cards | Lady ...

Edited by RU SERIOUS

I see a lot more teams playing the diamond formation on the PK, which negates the one-timer from both half-walls, as well as makes the D+D pass risky. However, it opens the bumper up, so I have no idea why Brock isn't cleaning up. The diamond was why the PP was focusing on more movement, with players moving around to be less predictable. The problem is that it moved players away from their best spots. I think Petey could be dangerous working from below the goal line or in the bumper, but he would suffer a lot of abuse. Hogs would also be a great bumper player.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan

8 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Also, other teams have always targeted Petey's hands and wrists, and I suspect his left wrist has not been 100% for at least the last month or so, maybe back to when his heater ended. It's not so bad that he can't take faceoffs, but bad enough that a missed one-timer could set his teeth on edge.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan