[Trade] WE DID A THING - Vancouver Trades LW Tanner Pearson, 2025 3rd to Montreal for G Casey DeSmith

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

He didn't even lose one penny, so what would he be suing for? 

Pain and emotional distress, assuming he is actually able to play out the season this year.  If he needs to call it a career, then there would likely be lost future earnings involved.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Pain and emotional distress, assuming he is actually able to play out the season this year.  If he needs to call it a career, then there would likely be lost future earnings involved.

He was just medically cleared from LTIR and has been fully participating in Canucks skates... Not sure how you're getting from there to "if he needs to call it a career"

4 minutes ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

3rd round pick to dump 1.45M, Montreal takes a redundant player and get us an upgrade at backup to provide Demko a safety net and some rest.

Nice tidy piece of business here.

And as importantly gives Silovs time to develop more in Abby, without being rushed. This was a very smart, strategic move organizationally. Shows they think ahead a lot more than Benning ever did.

• Cheers 4

Just now, Chronic.Canuck said:

He was just medically cleared from LTIR and has been fully participating in Canucks skates... Not sure how you're getting from there to "if he needs to call it a career"

He hasn't been game tested yet since his return though.  There's a chance (albeit very small) that his hand might not allow him to play as many games as he'd like.

21 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I don't like sending the 3rd but this does shore up the backup goalie position. Honestly, I thought the hit to shave off a winger was going to be bigger but I'll take it at a third. I don't love the trade but I don't hate it either. Very "in the middle" for me.

Also, I'm just happy to see that Pearson gets to have a fresh start somewhere else after the whole surgery debacle he went through last year.

Right so a 3rd for a back up goalie and we shed 3.5 mil.  I mean I don't think it could get any better than that.  No way Benning pulls that off.

• Cheers 4

Guess Martin is back in the AHL. Seems kind of wild that we got that much out of Pearson. How did we win both Pearson trades so hard?

EDIT: Oh, we gave up a third. That makes more sense. Not the worst I guess.

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

He got injured and suffered an infection.  The injury itself to the hand was fully healed.  It was the infection that caused the problem.  Good luck trying to blame the medical staff on an infection that can happen at any time to any individual.  When people get infections after surgery in a hospital do they automatically sue the hospital and the surgeon?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

Suddenly our other wingers become more valuable as well.  No pressure to trade them now.  They are forward depth and/or assets.

Yes, and all sorted out for a 3rd round pick.  It's not ideal, but it was inevitable that we would need to lose an asset of some kind.  Better a 3rd round pick that Hoglander...

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Beau - Petey - Kuz 
Mik - Miller - Boeser 
Hog - Suter - Garland 
Joshua - Bleuger - Podz
PDG, Dries 

Hughes - Cole 
Soucy - Hronek 
Wolanin/Hirose - Myers 
Irwin

Demko 
Martin/DeSmith

That is a tiny, soft forward group there.   
I really don’t think we will be putting out a third line that averages 5’8”.