[Trade] WE DID A THING - Vancouver Trades LW Tanner Pearson, 2025 3rd to Montreal for G Casey DeSmith

1 hour ago, Integra250 said:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Beauvillier-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Blueger-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Joshua

Hughes-Cole

Soucy-Hronek

Irwin-Myers

Reserve: Di Giuseppe, Rathbone, Wolanin

Demko

Desmith

No way DG is going to be ou of the roster, Baldy is madly in love with him. Won't be surprised if it's Hogs.

Just now, Rekker said:

I've lost track of the assets and dead cap space used to rid us of JB's crap mistakes. It's a fugly list.

Yeah, I would imagine it's still going to be ugly for a while unfortunately. I don't even like all of the moves that have been made, but I do get that we have been in a... delicate situation at this point.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Did we just acquire the smallest goalie currently in the NHL?

I don't care about size personally. I care about whether the guy can stop pucks. lol

This guy has yet to be below 0.900% and you know that there are much larger goalies who have done far far worse.

Edited by The Lock
  • ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Habaroos have been trying to dumperoo Anderson (and his top ten worst contract in the league) since new management arrived. They are stuck with that anchor. 

Oh for sure, his 5.5M x 4 years is unpleasant to the point that he's likely going to be an (untradeable) Hab for the remaining duration. But my recollection from a handful of viewings over the past few years is that he's a somewhat useful hockey player despite his cap inefficiency, and that's what I wanted to learn more about. Just like how Pearson is overpaid by double or triple his value now, but nevertheless is still a useful hockey player, particularly to a young Habs team.

From a bit of research to confirm my memories of Anderson, he's really fast, is good at scoring and terrible at passing. Kinda sounds like a good fit for Nick Suzuki.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

Maybe he found out through Twitter or somethjng equally disrespectful.  Or maybe he doesn't think Montreal will be his final destination before the season starts 

Out of curiosity were you surprised Montreal did go out and get an another winger?good suggestion that it might not be his final destination before the season starts.cheers 

4 minutes ago, Guile said:

Oh for sure, his 5.5M x 4 years is unpleasant to the point that he's likely going to be an (untradeable) Hab for the remaining duration. But my recollection from a handful of viewings over the past few years is that he's a somewhat useful hockey player despite his cap inefficiency, and that's what I wanted to learn more about. Just like how Pearson is overpaid by double or triple his value now, but nevertheless is still a useful hockey player, particularly to a young Habs team.

From a bit of research to confirm my memories of Anderson, he's really fast, is good at scoring and terrible at passing. Kinda sounds like a good fit for Nick Suzuki.

Anderson is an unique player in the league.  Yes he's a bit overpaid but his skillset and toolkit are hard to find.  There have been credible reports that Hughes has turned down significant offers (including a 1st round pick) for him. The biggest issue for him is he needs to stay healthy.  He was showing real progress under Martin St. Louis last season before a slewfoot trip ended his season.  Montreal is fine with keeping him 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sargon said:

Out of curiosity were you surprised Montreal did go out and get an another winger?good suggestion that it might not be his final destination before the season starts.cheers 

Yeah. I was really surprised they picked up another winger.  That said they have waiver exempt guys they can send down to make room. DeSmith would have created a bigger problem once camp started and Hughes was looking to move him as soon as he acquired him 

Edited by qwijjibo