[Trade] WE DID A THING - Vancouver Trades LW Tanner Pearson, 2025 3rd to Montreal for G Casey DeSmith

4 hours ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

I’m honestly surprised we were able to offload this guys contract . Even tho it makes us a smaller team, it’s numbers off the books we need . 

I'm not he's a serviceable 2 way player with size that averages 0.46pts per season at minimum and up to 0.65 on a good year. He's not even really overpaid cap increase considering, you could maybe make a case for overpaid by 250k or so but nothing egregious. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Vollmilch90 said:

At this point it feels like scorched earth here in Vancouver. Was it clearly stated that he was upset about the trade? Or could he be upset because of the situation overall? 

I am not quoting any source. It just feels like he may want to close this chapter after all the frustration 

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjsqKS5n7qBAxXVDTQIHVXjCcIQglR6BAgcEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FDhaliwalSports%2Fstatus%2F1704254475257725006%3Fref_src%3Dtwsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet&usg=AOvVaw3W17XyXXMmnfNbTAONjXRt&opi=89978449

where does it say he was unhappy here?

Edited by steviewonder20

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Martin was part of the problem last year, so was Demko early on.   It wasn't just our trash defense.    I absolutely agree with Halak.   What's the guy supposed to do?  Win his games 1-0 and 2-1 every time?  Wasn't part of the Halak sucks train.   We did needed to add a veteran NHL BACK-up.   Not Martin, that experiment is over.   DeSmith is a pro, and isn't 35.   I've had a lot of core muscle injuries, none of them became an issue until my mid forties.    DeSmith should be fine.   The tank is over for now.  

I dunno iirc luongo had similar injury and wasn’t quite the same after that. Not 100% sure memory is a little foggy. Like I said I don’t mind the trade but it’s not a necessary must trade. 3rd round pick is not that big of a deal but a pick is a pick. Prolly could have waited a week into training camp to see what the players and other teams are up to before making this trade. Maybe a team comes knocking for Pearson for a 3rd or 4th due to injury. Maybe Casey is available thru waiver for free who knows. 

4 hours ago, BlockerHigh said:

They wouldn't have sent Pearson down given the drama it would have caused in the media and the room

To suggest as such is silly imho. Therefore, if you look at roster requirements, and the fact we would have been 3 mil over cap, we would have had issues.

We were 4.9 over the cap before poolman takes us to 2.4. Rathbone + 2 any forward combination would take us down to 0. The only benefit would be it’ll allow us to get under before sending poolman to ltir and then recalling players 

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

this trade was unnecessary.. i'd be fine with silov martin or whoever else ends up on waiver for backup. you guys are so quick to toss every backup goalie we had into the dumpster.. so demko struggled coz the defence sucked.. but martin is trash coz the defence sucks.. then the year before it was halak sucks even though he was over .910 sv% in 80% of the games he started but got 0 goal support.. cap wise sending Pearson thru the waivers either he gets picked up or or we bury 1.25mil in the ahl which would accomplish the same cap saving minus desmith. i honestly don't see paying an aging declining goalie that struggled all season after core muscle surgery the previous season is an upgrade in the backup position.. more wasted cap space imo.. for a goalie core muscle is too important.. i don't expect him to ever regain his form prior to the injury.

Trade was very necessary. You don't send an already disgruntled player on waivers or the AHL after medical staff bungled his case. It's not a good PR situation. He deserves a chance to prove that he can still play albeit not on this team because we don't have room for him anymore. Martin is just trash plain and simple. There's a reason why the Avs let him go. He's a career AHLer. With DeSmith you have a capable backup. With Martin as backup we don't make the playoffs and lose Petey

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Trade was very necessary. You don't send an already disgruntled player on waivers or the AHL after medical staff bungled his case. It's not a good PR situation. He deserves a chance to prove that he can still play albeit not on this team because we don't have room for him anymore.

The Office Yes GIF

Pretty sure Ian Clark was consulted on DeSmith, and is abreast of his injury history, and the implications on his performance. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I'm not allowed to admire a woman?

i think their would be a more appropriate way to say you thought she looked pretty... ill stand by my statement... this isn't the cornhub.. if you think its appropriate go open up a topic thats titled women that make you go mmmmm... see how long that lasts...

Just now, Rekker said:

Am I missing something? He said Mmmmm when mentioning Kristen Bell? That's offensive? How?

listen... imagine this is a site where women and children may be a part of... now imagine saything that around them in person... mmmmmm.... its just a little bit creepy

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

listen... imagine this is a site where women and children may be a part of... now imagine saything that around them in person... mmmmmm.... its just a little bit creepy

It's a public forum so woman, children, everyone need to realize your gonna read some things. Like hearing things in public. "Mmmm" is harmless when describing a good looking man or woman. Pretty tame really. 

Edited by Rekker

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It's a public forum so woman, children, everyone needs to realize your gonna read some things. Like hearing things in public. "Mmmm" is harmless when describing a good looking man or woman. Pretty tame really. 

no its not... go up to a woman  and say mmmmm you look pretty and see how they react, oh and your wife and girlfriend dont count.... better yet go up to a female co-worker and say mmmmm... you look good today... wanna bet you getting a call from hr?

Edited by Dankmemes187
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Dankmemes187 said:

no its not... go up to a woman  and say mmmmm you look pretty and see how they react

Huh? Commenting on a photo and saying it directly to a person are completely different things. Maybe you're too sensitive for a discussion forum.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Dankmemes187 said:

thanks for your valued input... i think it looks classy...

Opinions are like as*ho°*s, everyone has one.  You need to give him a private message because we need to think before we start regulation and 'teaching' others how to behave or speak on this fan driven site.  There is enough regulation in happening these days.  

• Cheers 4

Just now, Rekker said:

Huh? Commenting on a photo and saying it directly to a person are completely different things. Maybe you're too sensitive for a discussion forum.

this is not cornhub or NSFW reddit... im just telling you its creepy... if you did that beside me at work id say the same thing... maybe along the lines of keep it in your pants....

• Haha 1