[Trade] WE DID A THING - Vancouver Trades LW Tanner Pearson, 2025 3rd to Montreal for G Casey DeSmith

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Me too on both.

I had Pearson lined up for 2nd line. Consistent, good wall guy, veteran presence. The kinda guy I thought Tocc would love to have and rely on. But I'm with you. For the best really.

And Poor Martin last year couldn't stop a god damn beach ball. Sure the dmen often left him (and Delia) out to dry (no thanks to Boudreaus defense stategy[what strategy?] but even on easier 'routine' type shots they almost always went in on Martin. The team didn't stand a chance.

Fingers crossed we can get more out of DeSmith.

I hope so too. I think DeSmith is more proven to handle the load…and even if he doesn’t pan out we got some good talent right behind him anyways.

Honestly, the teams body language looked so defeated after Martin would left a few softies in during a game…they would start to unravel defensively because they knew he was gonna let more in…so you get in your mind set you need to out score your goalies mistakes…it just goes down hill from there structure wise when you think you have to do that.

Thats the main reason I don’t want him on the Canucks this year. I think the same will happen again. He had a good run back to the top to get back to the NHL. Now teams have scouted him and know how to get pucks by him and he just couldn’t adjust his game after that. Good goalies, NHL calibre goalies adjust and learn how to stay ahead of all that. Even the back ups in the NHL do that. Martin just doesn’t seem to be at that detailed level he needs to be to stick it in the NHL.

Wish him the best, he can still provide value as organizational depth but he has definitely been passed on and is no longer in our teams plans to retain beyond his current contract.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Huggy Bear said:

To recap the positives of this trade:

• Protect Silovs’ development 
  • Provide Demko insurance
  • Do right by Pearson
  • Avoid preseason team drama / bad press
  • Recoup value for an expiring contract
  • Get under the cap
  • Improve leverage on future trades

for a 2025 3rd…which we have two seasons to recoup

Nailed it

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

• Do right by Pearson
  • Get under the cap

Excellent post! Thank you! Sums it up nicely. 

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Again, I do not quote anything and also not referring to this tweet. Just saying that in my opinion I can imagine that he prefers to have a fresh start. The whole situation surely was very frustrating and if it was indeed mishandled, trust going forward could be an issue. 

So it could be that he is not upset about being traded but rather upset about the fact that a little hand injury led to the necessity of getting out of an organization he liked prior to the mishandling. Sorry, I found it a bit difficult to find the right words in English with this one...

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

• Do right by Pearson
  • Get under the cap

Well said and presented. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

no its not... go up to a woman  and say mmmmm you look pretty and see how they react, oh and your wife and girlfriend dont count.... better yet go up to a female co-worker and say mmmmm... you look good today... wanna bet you getting a call from hr?

Got your panties all in a twist. He likes Kristin Bell, so what? Move on. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

no its not... go up to a woman  and say mmmmm you look pretty and see how they react, oh and your wife and girlfriend dont count.... better yet go up to a female co-worker and say mmmmm... you look good today... wanna bet you getting a call from hr?

You are making stuff up.

This is a forum not work or co-workers and I have had my share of mmmm at me in public and no nothing wrong with it.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

Why don't you give it a go?  Have you ever flirted before?  You don't have to initiate, but if you're getting the vibes and signals,  maybe you'd even end up hitched, and 30 years later spend all your time on this forum, hiding from her in your basement or garage. 

It was just a joke.   Thanks for the laughs! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Silovs looks like he's going to be fantastic, but let's not force him, like you say. I agree completely. 

The only thing is, if he forces his way onto the team. But then again, that re-creates a Luongo/Schneider scenario. 

Not a bad thing to have really. Then you've got a 1A and 1B situation and we all know how those trades turned out.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Huggy Bear said:

• Do right by Pearson
  • Get under the cap

Great post!

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

dude, women cringe when you refer to them as females. might want to nip that in the bud. 

10 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Talk about yummy, that juicy steak of a rumour of how soon those two contracts JR doesn't like will be on the move, he said next year we'll be out of some we don't "want" and that's there was 1 or 2 they still would like to move to be where they want to be, and be able to make the moves they wanted to, also that they want to be better ready to withstand injuries throughout the season as at this point they're a playoff team if everything goes right. Kinda what I always thought and posted on the old site, it's 50/50 playoffs right now. If Boeser does better, Petey/Miller/Kuz/Hughes repeat. If a couple young guys chip in and the new defense performs, and last Demko stays healthy and starts hotter.. were in but if 2 or 3 of those things don't happen it's just as easily us looking in again, close maybe but still might not cut it. I see what he said today he wants to shed more $$ to make a big move. 

Juicy! 

the-mitchells-vs-the-machines-robot.gif.99defa0eb9cef81915895d222abe114d.gif

Is yummy the new moist?

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Huggy Bear said:

• Do right by Pearson
  • Get under the cap

100% agree.

The dumbasses on the radio this morning are still crying about Beagle and Dorsett and how this trade perpetuates the cycle of madness. Is it Drance or Dunce?

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Huggy Bear said:

• Do right by Pearson
  • Get under the cap

Yeah this lad said it all for me as well. 

Losing YET ANOTHER high-ish pick in 3rd to clear cap does suck, but that is the era we're in, all the teams that want to compete are going through the same pain. While there is almost no hope of us doing much damage in the playoffs this year i think its really important for the core, petey and us the fans to finally have at least a glimmer of success and getting a proven backup does that. Even if it was somewhat looking forward to an Arty Party in the big show...

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Yeah this lad said it all for me as well. 

Losing YET ANOTHER high-ish pick in 3rd to clear cap does suck, but that is the era we're in, all the teams that want to compete are going through the same pain. While there is almost no hope of us doing much damage in the playoffs this year i think its really important for the core, petey and us the fans to finally have at least a glimmer of success and getting a proven backup does that. Even if it was somewhat looking forward to an Arty Party in the big show...

Completely agree. 

• Cheers 1