[Trade] WE DID A THING - Vancouver Trades LW Tanner Pearson, 2025 3rd to Montreal for G Casey DeSmith

I think this trade was fine. Sucks to give up another pick, but we are safe with the cap now (I think after Poolman we have about 500K space) and that means we should not have to waive any young valuable player. 

DeSmith seems like a decent backup which is good for us. Silvos runs the net in Abby all year with Martin backing him up and likely being first call up for Van in case of injuries. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Pain and emotional distress, assuming he is actually able to play out the season this year.  If he needs to call it a career, then there would likely be lost future earnings involved.

You can't get pain and suffering in Canada, and he plays a contact sport that he is compensated very well for, I think any court in Canada would throw it out if he was looking for loss of future earnings as they are all 1 game away from their last game.  

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He needs a full year as 1A in Abby imo. This is a buffer to allow that. We can move DeSmith at the deadline if Silovs is ready or just not re-sign DeSmith in the off season. Great move imo.

FORGET THE TRADE! CANUCKS FANS (Mostly myself) NEED TO KNOW IF THE BUNNIE STILL HAS CARUT AND IF IT MADE IT TO THE NEW FORUM. Sorry for yelling, I just thought it was strange seeing your name without this. Cheers my Campbell River Canucks/Bruins fan. Always love the banter and good hockey talk!

BBEA0E4C-32FD-47D6-9A20-A8DE23F81FCC.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Is what it is kinda trade. Although I’m still not clear on how we’ll be cap compliant 

If you check out our capfriendly page you’ll see that we now only need Tucker Poolman in order to be compliant.  Even gives us a whopping 500k of space! Lol

They added a category that factors in LTIR candidates.  I for one have found this wildly helpful.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I'm so tired of having a smallish team. I just envy the bigger teams. 

24 minutes ago, Rekker said:

One of many major blunders. JB's big mistakes were real big.

23 minutes ago, Mr. E. Man said:

I agree. I was just having a bit of fun ,since there is nothing I can do to change it.Hopefully our president and GM also think adding a little more size and toughness is a good thing.

Sounds like you're fishing for a  "That's what she said."

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Quite a positive thread going on here.  I thought we were all so negative/critical that they needed to shut down our community.  It’s almost as though the shot callers are full of s**t isn’t it?

Throwing us under the bus harder than Travis Green threw the team..

• Tank 1
  • ThereItIs 1