[Waivers] WSH Evgeny Kuznetsov

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Locker room cancer eh. A guy trying to turn his fuckin life around and break free from the grip of addiction. Sounds like a real fuckin cancer. 

if he was SO GOOD why are the Capitals giving him away for nothing? 

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

So a guy battling addiction and looking to change his life by removing him from himself from the environment that is destroying his life is a cancer? I think you need to put your reading glasses on grumpy old man and maybe remove your cancerous view from this situation. He clearly is desperate to escape the whispers from that environment.

Until he wins that battle, unfortunately yes.  He could absolutely be a cancer to a locker room clearly….

28 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Until he wins that battle, unfortunately yes.  He could absolutely be a cancer to a locker room clearly….

No, his team and that organization care about him. Cancers are unwanted and need to be removed. Kuznetsov needs to be set free, theres a difference. Someone who desperately needs help is not a cancer, they are cared for and everyone wants the best for him.

3 hours ago, grumpyone said:

He's gone threw treatment for addiction and best of hing for people like him is to start over in a new city and why this is happening.

The team stepped up to try and help by putting him on waivers so he can start over in a new city which he needs.

Do people not know much about addiction????

Both him and the team are doing what's best for him.Hiw does anyone not get that?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

someone on here may have lost someone to addiction? Saw friends or family members lives destroyed? Maybe battled addiction themselves?

I was in basic training 2 weeks when a good friend from Victoria OD'd. I like to think that the army saved my life, in a 180 from the usual army story. 
SOrry for your pain and loss, but lets keep it on topic and not personal from here on out. Ghost of Sharpie beat me to this, but he isn't messin around with that grim reaper. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Not sure if that is the appropriate way to describe his situation. Whatever he is going through, it is an illness and I would say it's not the most polite thing to put anyone down going through this. 

Makes me wonder that if he clears, and we should know in a little bit, and he refuses to report to, who is their AHL team is it still Hershey? If the caps suspend him and try to trade him in the summer, or if they'll just terminate his contract.

• LB28 changed the title to [Waivers] WSH Evgeny Kuznetsov
On 3/2/2024 at 2:59 PM, grumpyone said:

Because players have downturns after being good. In fact, virtually every player in the history of the NHL has had or will have a downturn because they age, and/or get injuries, and/or the mental side of the game gets to them, and/or other influences, etc.

Do you need me to explain how humans age while we're at it?

Edited by The Lock

He was a good player, sad to see him BLOW his chances. However, in the AHL I think he will BLOW the competition out of the water. In all seriousness he still makes millions for 2 more years so that’s a lot of money to spend on more BLOW after everything is said and done. 
I guess he’s in a better position to do it than a lot of regular folks. I know a few people that are pay cheque to pay cheque with addictions and when the money comes in they BLOW it quickly.

25 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

32 points in 24 games during their cup run is really impressive. Too bad that was 6 years ago...

It was, but that's also why Caps fans would probably take a buyout pretty well

I'd take a Kuznetsov scenario after winning the first cup in franchise history with him playing a leading role too