[GDT] Sun Mar 3 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - 5pm PT/8pm ET - Anaheim

32 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

My Dad loves him and has watched all of his movies about 100 times each. When I go there he's like "shhh, I'm watching a movie".

"Which one?'

"True Grit"

"Again"

sounds like a man after my own heart.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

It would take the guys to go full suicide bomber now.

In the past 7 games, seems energy level has tapered off - whether it is a lack of urgency or something else, just does not look like a typical Tocchet team as in the past year.  Expected a bit more from several players including Lafferty, PDG etc - as they should be more suited to the RT system.

They are playing teams that a desperate to make the post season or solidifying their position so it makes their opponents energy level off the chart. It's good that they have some padding with the success in the first 4 months but I would expect them to start "cranking it up" in the next week or so.  Not too many games in the past few weeks they can say they outworked an opponent over 60m.

The Joshua injury also brought a spotlight on some size matters in the 3-4th lines. I would prefer they have at least 3 bigger forwards on the team whereas they currently have 2 (actually 1 until Joshua returns) - so maybe a bigger forward by TDL (not just any big player - but someone who can play the RT way -> endurance ~ skate ~ finish checks) if possible - doesn't need to be a big name.

Hope for some good positive results tonight and this week

Just Win.jpg

5 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Oilers are 9 points behind us, but have 4 games in hand currently. If they win all those games in hand, then they are only one point back. Yes they have to win them, but it's not as big as a gap as the 9 points would have you believe.

The boys need to get out of this slump and turn it around if they want to win the division, they can't keep playing at .500 and hold onto it.

I mean you answered your own problem.... if Canucks play .500 hockey, that means Edmonton needs to win way more than the games they have in hand? so like 18 of 24 and we only need 10 of 20? ha ha. the teams we play are going to refine us for the playoffs and make us better.

Nice for Edmonton to have asprations to beat us, but we just want the cup.

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I mean you answered your own problem.... if Canucks play .500 hockey, that means Edmonton needs to win way more than the games they have in hand? so like 18 of 24 and we only need 10 of 20? ha ha. the teams we play are going to refine us for the playoffs and make us better.

Nice for Edmonton to have asprations to beat us, but we just want the cup.

I really didn't have a problem, I was pointing out that the Oilers are not truly that far behind us, since they are likely not going to lose all 4 of those games in hand, especially with how they have been playing.

Do I think they will catch us? Only if we keep stumbling like we are. If the Canucks go 10W 10L they finish with 103, if the Oilers go 15W 9L they finish with 104. It's not far fetched for the Oilers to finish with 15 wins in their next 24 games. I do think that the Canucks will turn things around and aren't going to finish 10W 10L in their last 20 games more like 13-5-2, but it is up to the boys to do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I really didn't have a problem, I was pointing out that the Oilers are not truly that far behind us, since they are likely not going to lose all 4 of those games in hand, especially with how they have been playing.

Do I think they will catch us? Only if we keep stumbling like we are. If the Canucks go 10W 10L they finish with 103, if the Oilers go 15W 9L they finish with 104. It's not far fetched for the Oilers to finish with 15 wins in their next 24 games. I do think that the Canucks will turn things around and aren't going to finish 10W 10L in their last 20 games more like 13-5-2, but it is up to the boys to do it.

Sure, bottom line, we are in the playoffs. I think if we have a hard time these last bunch of games we are only better in the playoffs. Doesnt matter which pole position we are in.

I think the last couple weeks has knocked them "off their high horse" and will be a little more humble.

Opposite for Petey, with his contract I think he is going to be on a crazy rant.

Edited by VintageActualCanuckfan
  • Cheers 1

On 3/2/2024 at 2:09 PM, Bob Long said:

I'm just going to go ahead and guess it's a 6 week neck strain 

That's a very long neck strain

<see what I did there?>

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Too much rubbernecking?

I thought it was lower body.

Looks like he can't handle putting weight on it. Can't tell which side though.

tenor.gif

• chaos 1

Sure, bottom line, we are in the playoffs. I think if we have a hard time these last bunch of games we are only better in the playoffs. Doesnt matter which pole position we are in.

This I do agree with, and I also agree that it doesn't really matter which position we finish in. Chances are we are playing Vegas or LA in the first round, and it's going to be tough no matter what.

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Or seeing how Podz is and trading Mik? I still don't get this Guentzel obsession. He's 5'11, 180 lbs, yeah he's got 52 points so far.

Why would Pittsburgh let go one of the few players they have under 30 that's producing?

We need a big fast winger or a big fast two way defenceman.

Not sure if it’s true, but I heard that Guentzel may want out because he feels the Pens window has closed. 

Seweeet it sounds like at the end he is saying Mik is going with JT and Brock? Damn thank you maam.

Finally getting a chance to learn.

Small bites....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

MUST WIN

DEFINING GAME

SINGLE GAMES MATTER

NO MYERS

6 WEEK NECK STRAIN 

BETTMAN SNIFF TEST

PETEY MUST SCORE

PETEY 5 POINTS

PODZ

PODZ

PODZ

HOGS AND PODZ

SOUCY ROAD TRIPPIN

KESSEL.BEAST

MORE WEINERS

JEEPERS

gioated-family-guy.gif

Why is it whenever I see this post I want to sing the chorus to We Didn’t Start The Fire?

• Haha 1

We have to pour the coals to it. Plenty of season left, we've been kinda sloppy of late. I realize winning games is extraordinary difficult with so much at stake for

many of the teams we're playing for position and those who are trying to improve for next year.

• Like 1