[GDT] Sun Mar 3 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - 5pm PT/8pm ET - Anaheim

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Knights 3-6-1 and Bruins 3-2-5 in their last 10.

Again we’re not the only team struggling right now

A little better but not much is

Dallas 4-3-3

Avs 5-4-1 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Pretty much Florida the only top team on a heater 

TORONTO 9-1-0

RANGERS 8-1-1

JETS 8-2-0

NASHVILLE 8-2-0

Although Preds aren't really a top team and Maple Leafs are or aren't depending on your view. LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Fucking better not be. That would be a stupid fucking trade. 

Or seeing how Podz is and trading Mik? I still don't get this Guentzel obsession. He's 5'11, 180 lbs, yeah he's got 52 points so far.

Why would Pittsburgh let go one of the few players they have under 30 that's producing?

We need a big fast winger or a big fast two way defenceman.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Well they sent down Bains, and havent called anyone up.....

The flight AC7038 to Long beach is on the tarmac, anyone else imagining that Kessel is onboard? Announcement tomorrow?

The word I heard was that Kessel was at least a month away from game shape. 

40 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Not really if we wanna win now.

I would assume a trade like this is done with the confidence that he could be re-signed.

Prospects are valuable until they’re not. Most of them don’t pan out. I remember when everyone on here freaked out when we traded Tyler Madden and Hunter Shinkaruk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Darius said:

Irwin is a no brainer, he's a vet, steady, been playing well in Abby, taking on a leadership roll. I'm a little surprised about Pods. I watch the highlights and scour the score sheets of every Abby game. Pods has not been lighting the lamp as often as he was earlier in the year, probably because of his linemates during the injury bug, but Karlsson has been scoring consistently, including a beauty through his legs a few games ago. I know he didn't do much on his first cup of coffee, but all he saw was 4th line deployment. Well, I hope Pods sees the ice and Tocchet is impressed.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not really if we wanna win now.

I would assume a trade like this is done with the confidence that he could be re-signed.

Prospects are valuable until they’re not. Most of them don’t pan out. I remember when everyone on here freaked out when we traded Tyler Madden and Hunter Shinkaruk.

Whatever. It's a stupid idea, just like the Lindholm trade. He better get his shit together because that trade ain't lookin' good and he's more than likely going to walk. 

Brilliant. Let's just throw away all our assets. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Whatever. It's a stupid idea, just like the Lindholm trade. He better get his shit together because that trade ain't lookin' good and he's more than likely going to walk. 

Brilliant. Let's just throw away all our assets. 

When a team is winning and in a position to go on a run you have to add. That’s the whole reason you collect assets.

It’s still early with Lindholm, I’m sure he’ll adjust. I would do that trade again. Still think it was worth the gamble.

If their window is the next 3-4 years then any pick or prospect that’s 5-6 years out should be on the table to improve this team now.

Guess what happens when you keep collecting prospects and pushing the timeline back? You never win. Look at Buffalo and all the great young talent they’ve amassed. It has equaled nothing,

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Boston Vegas and Colorado all got spanked tonight.

Good teams lose games.

Canucks will come back 

It was always going to be the Oilers who might be the team to knock them out of #1 in the div

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

Joshua is out

Bains got his cup of coffee and 5 games of NHL salary as a reward 

Giving Podz his reward now too

nothing more. They aren’t moving Podz 

• Like 2

Keen to see what Irwin can do, everyone assumed he'd take a roster spot this year. Played like 60 games with the Caps last year but just didn't look performance-ready in pre-season and not quite fit. Haven't seen how he's been doing in Abby but he's a veteran guy who can hopefully kill some penalties nicely for us. 

Needless to say it'll be interesting to see how Petey does after the weight of the world is off his shoulders now. Will be good to keep him with Hoglander and let them run wild on this poor Anaheim defence.

We're due a breakout.

7-2 Canucks.

• Cheers 1