[GDT] Sun Mar 3 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - 5pm PT/8pm ET - Anaheim

6 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Podkolzin is only 22 and he plays a big game on the wing. 

I'm just sick of everyone proposing to trade Podz, Hogz, Raty, Petey D, 1sts and so on. 

Stop selling the farm. 

Edit: Some idiot proposed we trade Petey, Lekkeramaki, this year's 1st, next year's 2nd and Petey D for a reduced rate on Ek from Minnesota! 😆

There's some real stunned people on this board. 

Get it.   That said i'd trade all of them, if it meant a cup this year.    Can't stop now.   Or can we?   The next couple seasons, i'm game for anything that gives them a real shot.    

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

When a team is winning and in a position to go on a run you have to add. That’s the whole reason you collect assets.

It’s still early with Lindholm, I’m sure he’ll adjust. I would do that trade again. Still think it was worth the gamble.

If their window is the next 3-4 years then any pick or prospect that’s 5-6 years out should be on the table to improve this team now.

Guess what happens when you keep collecting prospects and pushing the timeline back? You never win. Look at Buffalo and all the great young talent they’ve amassed. It has equaled nothing,

Yes.   Soucy goes down.   Beau and Zadarov trade.   Myers is down,  Irwin up.   Doubt that Allvin is done.  

21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes.   Soucy goes down.   Beau and Zadarov trade.   Myers is down,  Irwin up.   Doubt that Allvin is done.  

and we only have 12 forward skaters right this second, allvin should hand vatrano a jersey and say "you play for us tonight".

Edited by Zombieksa

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Podkolzin got re called.. 

Love it.. love this kid.. one of my favorite Canucks.. hoping he has a great showing and sticks for rest of the season. 

https://canucksarmy.com/news/vancouver-canucks-recall-vasily-podkolzin-matt-irwin-abbotsford-canucks

I hope he gets a fair shot , I really would like to see him stick as well

• Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, BPA said:

Hope Mik can up his game with Miller and finally get some much needed goals.

Everyone else does. Miller can probably teach him on ice. I have to admit though, I think it best to do whatever we can to get that point total back up the best we can.

The lower seed we play in the first round, the better. Then second, and on and on . . . . . . . . . .

Edited by Rip The Mesh

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

can't our defensemen skate forward?  plus podkolzin is now with the team.

Defenseman are only allowed to skate backwards 

• Haha 1

Just now, Plsdontdoit said:

Cole is too slow for this team 

Thing is, you can use positioning to offset speed. I like Cole but he's not always on his game and when he's not it can create some chaos in our end.

I like it when he plays a physical game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Defenseman are only allowed to skate backwards 

Even when they are on the attack. Now that would be entertaining.

Edited by Joe King

Myers blocked a couple of shots in the second....I vaguely recall them saying he wasn't on the bench in the third.

Do we know what his status is?

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Garett on the Montreal game; At least that's sure as heck what it sounded like.

It was Garrett and he was great.  I guess he's just doing Saturday night games and not necessarily Canuck games.

Sure miss the guy.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Myers blocked a couple of shots in the second....I vaguely recall them saying he wasn't on the bench in the third.

Do we know what his status is?

Week to week

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, you can use positioning to offset speed. I like Cole but he's not always on his game and when he's not it can create some chaos in our end.

I like it when he plays a physical game.

Agreed… I think when playoffs start assuming all are healthy and we don’t add D depth our 6 starters will be :

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Zad (Juulsen/Cole tossup)

Friedman Irwin

Cole hasn’t been as physical since Juulsen became a main stay due to injury to Soucy. I like Cole but maybe as #7 when everyone is healthy 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1