[GDT] Sun Mar 3 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - 5pm PT/8pm ET - Anaheim

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

What about this guy? We need him? I've been so busy at work I'm behind...any word on his return?

Nope.. he didn't join the team on the trip though. 

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

What about this guy? We need him? I've been so busy at work I'm behind...any word on his return?

Not on this road trip.  Soucy is though.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

can't our defensemen skate forward?  plus podkolzin is now with the team.

Yes, when the 4th line is only getting limited minutes. ie 10 min max

Then for sure adding a Zad or Friedman on the 4th would be added grit. And defensive insurance.  Amans not going to hit anyone.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Is anyone else already sitting, waiting for the game?

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Still in bed. Rough day at work yesterday. 20hr shift.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 4

Would this be considered a must win?

Canucks have lost 6 of their last 7 and the Ducks are bottom feeders. Canucks need these 2 points.

Is DeSmith the starter?  

• Like 1

As much as we rag on Myers, he plays big minutes for us. He' our 2RD and logs about 20 minutes a night, big 5-on-5 shutdown role and on the PK. It will be hard for our depth guys to replace his minutes. I think this will be especially hard on Cole to have to play with a kid.

Wonder if Tocchet splits up Hughes and Hronek to cover this gap? Play Hughes with Juulsen even and Cole and Hronek as a shutdown pair? If we keep Hughes and Hronek together you know they're playing 25-30 minutes a night which isn't ideal week-to-week.

Boy a Tanev trade would have looked so good right about now.

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

As much as we rag on Myers, he plays big minutes for us. He' our 2RD and logs about 20 minutes a night, big 5-on-5 shutdown role and on the PK. It will be hard for our depth guys to replace his minutes. I think this will be especially hard on Cole to have to play with a kid.

Wonder if Tocchet splits up Hughes and Hronek to cover this gap? Play Hughes with Juulsen even and Cole and Hronek as a shutdown pair? If we keep Hughes and Hronek together you know they're playing 25-30 minutes a night which isn't ideal week-to-week.

Boy a Tanev trade would have looked so good right about now.

Looking up what we have in Abby for D, I came across this 

image.png.7ba2c02184881bfd4c331abf91b44bf3.png

Seems like a shoe-in that will slot right in ... all kidding aside, someone from the farm will have step up and fill in the best they can along with the suggestion you had that didn't have Huggy / Honker plahing half the game each night from now until the end of the season. What's the point of having vets / prospects / all most NHLers in Abby if not to come up and plug holes when needed.

With Myers out and $6M of cap space on top of possible trade bait (Podz - yes, is a possibility and Mik), one would have to think a scoring forward and a solid D is coming back, right? RIGHT!?

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Would this be considered a must win?

Canucks have lost 6 of their last 7 and the Ducks are bottom feeders. Canucks need these 2 points.

Is DeSmith the starter?  

Desmith got the most minutes in practice so Paterson said he looked like he would be. Won't fully know until warmups as no morning skate.

Ducks are the easiest compared to Kings and Vegas so it makes sense.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Seems like a shoe-in that will slot right in ... all kidding aside, someone from the farm will have step up and fill in the best they can along with the suggestion you had that didn't have Huggy / Honker plahing half the game each night from now until the end of the season.

With Myers out and $6M of cap space on top of possible trade bait (Podz - yes, is a possibility and Mik), one would have to think a scoring forward and a solid D is coming back, right? RIGHT!?

How do you figure $6m in cap space?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BigBird said:

Who’s starting tonight?

First post is always updated and modified as news comes in.

DeSmith likely, can't be soucy without roster deactivation

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Seems like a shoe-in that will slot right in ... all kidding aside, someone from the farm will have step up and fill in the best they can along with the suggestion you had that didn't have Huggy / Honker plahing half the game each night from now until the end of the season.

Soucy is close but why rush with the trade deadline...

As for Abby they will get EPD/D-petey when his swedish season ends for the blueline. Also L-maki will be on his way there too to boost the forwards when his swedish season ends. Good stuff.

https://abbotsford.canucks.com/news/gm-patrik-allvin-on-world-juniors-and-lekkerimaeki-d-petey-coming-to-abbotsford-canucks

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hmmn ... I would say ... big game, huge game, big test. 

I think Podz/Petey/Hogz are gonna look like harlem globetrotters out there and make this game a blowout

5 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think Podz/Petey/Hogz are gonna look like harlem globetrotters out there and make this game a blowout

I would be more than shocked if Podz draws into this game. 

13 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Podkolzin is only 22 and he plays a big game on the wing. 

I'm just sick of everyone proposing to trade Podz, Hogz, Raty, Petey D, 1sts and so on. 

Stop selling the farm. 

Edit: Some idiot proposed we trade Petey, Lekkeramaki, this year's 1st, next year's 2nd and Petey D for a reduced rate on Ek from Minnesota! 😆

There's some real stunned people on this board. 

Preach GIF

• Cheers 1