[GDT] Sun Mar 3 2024 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - 5pm PT/8pm ET - Anaheim

20 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

First post is always updated and modified as news comes in.

DeSmith likely, can't be soucy without roster deactivation

De smith 

Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

7 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think Podz/Petey/Hogz are gonna look like harlem globetrotters out there and make this game a blowout

Would be nice to see him make a difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... we went from ... thank god we finally have a solid backup ... to ... this gif. 

True. He was so good at the start. last game he played looked like an empty net 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Would be nice to see him make a difference. 

Podz, Petey and Hogs all play better when they are with better players. They feed off it and they have played together before, back in the losing days with no defense or goaltender.

Since no one seems to remember,I hope someone mentions it to Tocchet.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

True. He was so good at the start. last game he played looked like an empty net 

Like the team as a whole, individual players will have their bad games too.

• Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Is anyone else already sitting, waiting for the game?

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Sitting, then pacing etc.

I wonder what changes are coming over the coming days? Can't sell the farm but we need to add to give the guys a better chance. The real test comes after the season. Working out the kinks and finding chemistry now is imperative.

Canucks win 5-2

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Desmith was fine for the first 5 on 3, but geez man, there was another, then another, then another.

What do you expect? That game just a no win game

Just a save or two but yeah brutal all around 

5 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Desmith was fine for the first 5 on 3, but geez man, there was another, then another, then another.

What do you expect? That game just a no win game

No too often that the Canucks (or any team in the NHL) will score 7 goals in a single game and STILL lose ... I would be worried if this was the template for every 5th game or so, LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Is anyone else already sitting, waiting for the game?

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Still in bed. Rough day at work yesterday. 20hr shift.

1 hour ago, NucksIn50 said:

get a lawyer and rest up my friend  - lol is that even legal -:towel:

Legal In "Right to Work" jurisdictions like Tennessee and Alberta where workers are treated like dogs.rowing-a-boat-galere.gifhttps://pressprogress.ca/ucp-has-made-albertas-labour-laws-the-worst-in-the-country-experts-say/

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

No too often that the Canucks (or any team in the NHL) will score 7 goals in a single game and STILL lose ... I would be worried if this was the template for every 5th game or so, LOL.

Is Minni the only team to be awarded 4 2man advantages followed by a few more PP after being down 5-2? YES i would say. for the 5 on 2 it was always a crap call followed by a real call, but still, the first ones should not have been called.

6 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Is Minni the only team to be awarded 4 2man advantages followed by a few more PP after being down 5-2? YES i would say. for the 5 on 2 it was always a crap call followed by a real call, but still, the first ones should not have been called.

cbd75960-3fb7-4ff2-850c-71feac86f798_text.gif.6e07cd31d3bb7ea95d329e9b5ff20592.gif

• Tank 1

If the Canucks ignore the results and focus solely on the process and their pillars they'll have no problem dominating this team.  They need to get back to their staples and they know what they have to do to get out of the slump.  Lindholm needs to crank up his intensity also struggling players have a chance to get their confidence back.   I predict Petey has a big night.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well, most of the betting sites are predicting a Duck win but I say the Canucks will win this because Freed-man is in the line up - (Our secret weapon!)😉

It is imperative we win this game! Not saying it will be the easiest of the four we play in quick succession because other premier teams are tiring as well, but

winning this one would be the kick start we need, dang it. 😼

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think after a great team dinner on the road last night (which hopefully Petey paid for) everyone is going to be loose and focused and a team again.

No more rumors, doubts. And Lindholm was there for the current crazy week, now is part of the team.

We are back baby.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Hope we line up like this:

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Hoglander

Garland - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Lafferty - Blueger - PDG

Hughes - Hronek

Cole - Juulsen

Zadorov - Friedman

To try and spark our bottom-6 I wouldn't be against putting Blueger and Garland together again and throwing Lindholm in there to try and recreate our former 3rd line glory.

45 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Sitting, then pacing etc.

I wonder what changes are coming over the coming days? Can't sell the farm but we need to add to give the guys a better chance. The real test comes after the season. Working out the kinks and finding chemistry now is imperative.

Canucks win 5-2

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

Yep, as long as Mgmt doesn't use the 'ol Benning's Method to fix things - I'm good......   lol-worker.gif