[PGT] Nucks @ ducks - march 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

What do you think the problem with the 4th is?

Grit as per the coach.  So probably he wants them to start hitting more and get the opposing players off their game. 

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly what Tocchet spoke to. They lack an identity. 

Hard to forge an identity playing 10 mins a game.  I see them forechecking hard and wearing down the others teams dmen.

What does "identity" mean in this context.  What identity would you like to see?

11 minutes ago, BPA said:

Grit as per the coach.  So probably he wants them to start hitting more and get the opposing players off their game. 

Grit how?  Don't you think they forecheck hard and often keeps teams hemmed in?

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hard to forge an identity playing 10 mins a game.  I see them forechecking hard and wearing down the others teams dmen.

Yet other fourth lines with the same amount of minutes have been able to.... hmmmmmmmm. And it's great that you see that, but Tocchet doesn't and he's the coach, so once again, I'll defer to his comments. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

What does "identity" mean in this context.  What identity would you like to see?

I'll let you figure that one out. You can look up the meaning of identity online.

19 minutes ago, BPA said:

Not going to happen overnight.  Largely *SEVEN* seasons of a team relying on its goaltending to bail them out (Benning management).  That mentality isn't going to corrected in a season or two.  Progress is being made.  It does mean we might take a step or two back during a season. But we are heading in the right direction.

35 minutes ago, BPA said:

If they can acquire another top 6 there will be a trickle down effect.

Suter can be dropped down to the fourth line. And Lafferty I think has done a good job in that role. 

The way I see it is we need one more fourth liner with size.

Trade Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pettersson Lindholm 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Trade Suter Lafferty 

PDG, Aman, Podkolzin

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yet other fourth lines with the same amount of minutes have been able to.... hmmmmmmmm. And it's great that you see that, but Tocchet doesn't and he's the coach, so once again, I'll defer to his comments. 

I'll let you figure that one out. You can look up the meaning of identity online.

You'll let me figure out what youd like from the 4th line?  

3 hours ago, Reznor said:

That's the Multiple Displacement System - which never seems to work as intended. Should probably deactivate it and go with 8 cylinders all the time.

Seriously though, you're right. Last night's win did nothing to get this team back to their winning ways. I don't believe the issues we are seeing have anything to do with the OTHER teams; it's all about OUR team. Guys just aren't where they used to be. Passes are dreadful compared to earlier in the year, when puck possession and the forecheck allowed the Canucks to dominate most teams most nights. And when the PP needed to get us a goal, they did. 

These days, the guys look tired and/or lazy. The passes are off the mark. The PP has become static and ineffective. Even our goalies have taken a bit of a step back. I'm not "worried" per se, as I feel the team played well long enough and strong enough that they proved what they are capable of. The raw material is still all there - and possibly even improved since a few changes have been made. But they need to figure out what exactly it is that is ailing them as a team and I feel they'll get back to their winning ways.

We now have fewer games to play than any other team in the NHL. Tiredness should not be an excuse for lack of intensity.

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Way to go, Tommy..😆

Who is Tommy Kippes?  Is he just a fan like the rest of us?  Or does he actually have some credentials??

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If they can acquire another top 6 there will be a trickle down effect.

Suter can be dropped down to the fourth line. And Lafferty I think has done a good job in that role. 

The way I see it is we need one more fourth liner with size.

Trade Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pettersson Lindholm 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Trade Suter Lafferty 

PDG, Aman, Podkolzin

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Toffoli Pettersson Lindholm

Joshua Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Suter Lafferty (I liked what I saw from Podz last game... that could change though)...

Pat Maroon would be a nice addition for the 4th line as well.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Yeah 4th lines all kinda strive to the same "identity", get in quick on the forecheck, get Ozone time, be hard to play against. 

I think they pretty much did that against Anaheim, it's harder to produce without Hoglander down there but they don't need to. Just get in fast & be hard to play against.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

We now have fewer games to play than any other team in the NHL. Tiredness should not be an excuse for lack of intensity.

I think you have to keep in mind the fact we’ve played a loooooot of games so it may take a while for them to get their legs back under them yet… going into the playoffs they should be pretty fresh (I hope) 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

was there anyone that thought his contact would be the same?

Probably, it's good to see his negotiating folks acknowledge it in the media though

He knows it'll be less, it's just a matter of whether him and the Canucks can find the cap/term sweet spot

Wouldn't be shocked to see him stay or leave

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I thought we were dominant and deserved the win. Score was flattering for the ducks. 

Here's what I think for mik. He's lost his speed and is no longer a threat on offense. Lindholm doesn't have offense either. Both however are really solid defensive guys. They just don't happen to be as two way as we hoped. 

I think it's time to make a "checking line". We should try them against top lines and eat some minutes and try to free up our top 2 lines. 

We've already got Blueger, Suter, and Lafferty for that. Thimerosal to dump Mik for a bag of pucks. Lindholm we need to see more of him to see where he fits. Or not fits.

3 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

My friend you can spin it however you want but the fact is Anaheim is 3rd worst in the league/30th overall however you want to put it. They’re there for a reason, because they cannot win games/put up points. Winning against them isn’t really an accomplishment.
Let’s see how the Canucks do in the next 4 against actual playoff teams: Kings, Knights, Jets and Colorado. These 4 games will let us know if we’re out of the slump or not.

Shit buddy, can you just enjoy the win? How would you feel today if they had lost? Elated eh..... gloating? told you so-ing?

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

was there anyone that thought his contact would be the same?

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Probably, it's good to see his negotiating folks acknowledge it in the media though

He knows it'll be less, it's just a matter of whether him and the Canucks can find the cap/term sweet spot

it’s hard to guess which way it will go. If he’s back I hope it’s something like 2x3.5 or 1x4 but I’m not sure that’s realistic. 

I could see a team giving him 2x4.5 in free agency. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm sure JR/PA have figured out the ask already, and if its too high we should move him now to recover some assets.