[PGT] Nucks @ ducks - march 3

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

it’s hard to guess which way it will go. If he’s back I hope it’s something like 2x3.5 or 1x4 but I’m not sure that’s realistic. 

I could see a team giving him 2x4.5 in free agency. 

Probs, could see him taking less somewhere to try and chase a cup though 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I'm sure JR/PA have figured out the ask already, and if its too high we should move him now to recover some assets. 

We'd probs keep him as our rental imo, he's a big D with a history of playing top 4 minutes, that's a good thing to have

Just now, Coconuts said:

We'd probs keep him as our rental imo, he's a big D with a history of playing top 4 minutes, that's a good thing to have

true, but don't you usually advocate for asset management too? seems like a good opportunity with Soucy coming back, and the way Juulson has evolved.  

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Alvin will figure it out. Demote or trade Aman, and trade Mikeyev. Maybe include Friedman to sweeten the deal. The fourth line should be a big physical one. Greenway and Duhaime with Lafferty centering them would be a welcome upgrade.

OHHHH HELLZ YEAH!!

NOW THAT'S WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!

• Vintage 1

true, but don't you usually advocate for asset management too? seems like a good opportunity with Soucy coming back, and the way Juulson has evolved.  

Way to popular in the room to pull a move like that.. especially given the fact he’s a top 4 defencemen and you’re trying to make a good run. 

Sure, I'd be up for potential picks coming back

But if management wants to go for it it'd make sense to retain him, they seem to want to take a crack at it

• MillerTime 1

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly what Tocchet spoke to. They lack an identity. 

Blueger just got there, what 3 games ago? when they went with Lindholm C on the 3rd?

and Mik was on the left, Laffy on the right, and they looked great.

Mik is up with JT & Brock to showcase for potential trade this week, so lets just let the dust settle a bit, yeah?

Go canucks Go should be a required statement in every comment on here geezuz.

Little Rascals Waiting GIF

If we’re out of the race by all means do it… we’re a top team in the league. Unless you’re getting something substantial and immediately impactful back you don’t move a guy like that simply for ‘asset management’ 

6 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Blueger just got there, what 3 games ago? when they went with Lindholm C on the 3rd?

and Mik was on the left, Laffy on the right, and they looked great.

Mik is up with JT & Brock to showcase for potential trade this week, so lets just let the dust settle a bit, yeah?

Go canucks Go should be a required statement in every comment on here geezuz.

A required statement? You're a big fan of rules, aren't you sport?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Who is Tommy Kippes?  Is he just a fan like the rest of us?  Or does he actually have some credentials??

He does the cool art work.. Canucks on the podium stuff... Just another cool dude like you. No credentials but street creds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I dont think Myers wants to go anywhere, and if he wants a cup run, it will be a cup run in Vancouver might be a 4 year event, I bet he would do 4 years @ under 1.5M per year. He likes living in BC. I think he would even take the League min, but Canucks wouldnt do that to him.

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I really don't get what all the hand wringing about the 4th line is for.  When I watch, it seems they spend quite a bit of time in the other teams zone and gorecheck hard.  Isn't that what you want a 4th line to do?  Seems like a case of trying to fix something that isn't broken

4th lines are generally known to add a physical element to a team's forecheck. Especially in the playoffs,  like the Islanders Identity Line. This is countering physical play with physical play. If a team starts to target our skill guys, hitting and crosschecks,  then our 4th line should answer that back. Our 4th line generally plays paddy cake by the boards and only stick checks mostly. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I dont think Myers wants to go anywhere, and if he wants a cup run, it will be a cup run in Vancouver might be a 4 year event, I bet he would do 4 years @ under 1.5M per year. He likes living in BC. I think he would even take the League min, but Canucks wouldnt do that to him.

I doubt he takes that large of a pay cut, but time will tell 

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yes, you're correct.  The OEL Dead-Cap penalty gets really bad after next year in 24-25 when it climbs to almost $5,000,000.00. Next year we only waste ~$2.5M on him.  

I think that if we didn't take advantage of it, we wouldn't be having a good season without those additions.   Plus we took advantage of the fact that it is only 130k cap penalty for the buyout this season.  If we wait to buy out OEL until next season, it wouldn't have made any difference for next season buyout penalty.   Plus last 4 years of the buyout penalty is not severe unlike year 3 and 4 of the buyout penalty which is 5 million dollars.  We can take the fact that we will have a few players ready to step in, for example, Wilander and Lekk and still not missing any beat.  We can plan around that year 3 and 4 easier with Petey locked in for 8 years and figure out which players to bring in or trade for.   We still have lot of room in term of cap space if we opt not to re-sign Lindholm.  Remember, Kuzmenka was signed for next season so this type of money can be used to resign Joshua, and other free agent we think might fit in or use that as a part of buyout penalty for next 3 years.

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Shit buddy, can you just enjoy the win? How would you feel today if they had lost? Elated eh..... gloating? told you so-ing?

Wins are enjoyable compared to losses no doubt. We can also agree that their last stretch of 10-12 games has not been their best hockey and they are in a slump.

You’re living in the present and I’m thinking about the future. How the Canucks do in the next 4 against LA, Vegas, Colorado, Winnipeg will say a lot of we’re out of the slump or still in it.

3 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

We now have fewer games to play than any other team in the NHL. Tiredness should not be an excuse for lack of intensity.

It won't come until next week with plenty of rest.  We are still playing every two days until start of next week. Even if we had a 2 days off last week, it wasn't enough.  Remember, after November stretch, back at home with 2 days off, it wasn't enough..  They didn't really take off until 2nd home game after Devils' game. Look for that to happen next week.  For now, we still grinding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dizzle said:

it’s hard to guess which way it will go. If he’s back I hope it’s something like 2x3.5 or 1x4 but I’m not sure that’s realistic. 

I say, if someone offers him that, let him go. If we sign Hronek, we have enough good D that we don't need Myers. I'd actually prefer they don't make him an offer. He's more liability than benefit.

• chaos 1

If we’re out of the race by all means do it… we’re a top team in the league. Unless you’re getting something substantial and immediately impactful back you don’t move a guy like that simply for ‘asset management’ 

But I've built up several years of unreasonable dislike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And if that's what he commands, so be it. Move on.

While improved in a contract year, the years prior were quite a disappointment - especially given the price tag. I could overlook the defensive gaffs if he brought more to the table in the way of hitting, but for a big guy he's surprisingly timid and prefers just to lean on opponents along the boards. He's also not very dynamic, so his play is often to just dump it away, sometimes killing the offensive flow.

He blocks shots. That's what he's good for. But then, so is Cole. And Cole hits more. And is cheaper.

So...yeah. If he wants to take 2.5, happy to keep him on board.

• chaos 1