[PGT] Nucks @ ducks - march 3

36 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Wins are enjoyable compared to losses no doubt. We can also agree that their last stretch of 10-12 games has not been their best hockey and they are in a slump.

You’re living in the present and I’m thinking about the future. How the Canucks do in the next 4 against LA, Vegas, Colorado, Winnipeg will say a lot of we’re out of the slump or still in it.

One thing I’ll say about the win, is I much prefer their headspace going into the next four games trying to build on a win (even one against the Ducks) as opposed to going into the next four after losing to the Ducks and being on a losing streak.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If they can acquire another top 6 there will be a trickle down effect.

Suter can be dropped down to the fourth line. And Lafferty I think has done a good job in that role. 

The way I see it is we need one more fourth liner with size.

Trade Miller Boeser

Hoglander Pettersson Lindholm 

Joshua Blueger Garland

Trade Suter Lafferty 

PDG, Aman, Podkolzin

I would prefer trickle up. Guentzel isn't going to make us better. Just like Beauvellier Kuzz and Kessel don't move the needle for us. We need a closer someone we can put out to close a game when we're up 2-1 so we can rest our stars and still win the game. 

Edited by Hammertime

9 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I would prefer trickle up. Guentzel isn't going to make us better. Just like Beauvellier Kuzz and Kessel don't move the needle for us. We need a closer someone we can put out to close a game when we're up 2-1 so we can rest our stars and still win the game. 

You’re not seriously comparing Guenztel to those players are you?

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Wins are enjoyable compared to losses no doubt. We can also agree that their last stretch of 10-12 games has not been their best hockey and they are in a slump.

You’re living in the present and I’m thinking about the future. How the Canucks do in the next 4 against LA, Vegas, Colorado, Winnipeg will say a lot of we’re out of the slump or still in it.

The whole team and coaches, fans, should be living in the moment, and next game mentality.

Management can worry about the future, and thats a great conversation but should be in a totally different Thread. Like "what the fuck are we going to do for cap to keep Brock and Demko" thread.

Just now, Strawbone said:

I'm starting to think Podkolzin was called up to boost his trade value. Mission accomplished, but I sure hope we keep him.

If he was on another team we would all be screaming to trade Mik for Podz. Willing to throw in Letterkenny.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

I'm starting to think Podkolzin was called up to boost his trade value. Mission accomplished, but I sure hope we keep him.

If getting Guentzle means giving up Podz then so be it. 
Podz + 2nd + B prospect + Garland. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

shouldnt we throw in Hoglander, and joshua too? also Myers seems to be unwanted here.... do the ol dumperooo for future considerations?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

shouldnt we throw in Hoglander, and joshua too? also Myers seems to be unwanted here.... do the ol dumperooo for future considerations?

Garland goes for cap reasons. And he has had a good enough year to have some value, even if it’s only gnome sized. 

• Confused 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Man I sure hope not. We don’t looks so great in the cupboards 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Podz and a prospect like Mynio and a second isn’t clearing our cupboards, is it? Plus we clear Garden Gnome’s contract. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Podz and a prospect like Mynio and a second isn’t clearing our cupboards, is it? Plus we clear Garden Gnome’s contract. 

We have no picks this year. Maybe a third or 4th then it’s 6th and 7th. No thirds the following 2 years. It all add up. Plus Podkolzin could be a cheap contract for us next year. We need those 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

We have no picks this year. Maybe a third or 4th then it’s 6th and 7th. No thirds the following 2 years. It all add up. Plus Podkolzin could be a cheap contract for us next year. We need those 

True. But maybe Podz is replaced by Bains or Sasson or Raty? IMHAO Podz isn’t irreplaceable. And if he’s the key to getting Guentzle then I hope we do it. Love Podzilla but got to give to get. 

• Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

True. But maybe Podz is replaced by Bains or Sasson or Raty? IMHAO Podz isn’t irreplaceable. And if he’s the key to getting Guentzle then I hope we do it. Love Podzilla but got to give to get.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You were just hoping someone would give you a wiener eh. Is that the argument. You should be talking to the empties

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
21 minutes ago, Devron said:

Totally agree - that will be a bit painful + lot to give up as well as some loss team chemistry - this team has some scorers -  but in the past playoffs, I always wished they had more grit / size and plenty of depth on the D.   Two games against big teams they may face sometime down the road - big week for JR + company on making TDL decisions.

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

You’re not seriously comparing Guenztel to those players are you?

You missed the point. We're the top scoring team in the league we don't need to play 10 goal games we need to be able to win 2-1 and close those games out.

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

You missed the point. We're the top scoring team in the league we don't need to play 10 goal games we need to be able to win 2-1 and close those games out.

And the more scoring you have the more likely you can score two in tight checking games like we saw against LA.

Guenztel is also a very capable two way player so he’ll help you at both ends.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Totally agree - that will be a bit painful + lot to give up as well as some loss team chemistry - this team has some scorers -  but in the past playoffs, I always wished they had more grit / size and plenty of depth on the D.   Two games against big teams they may face sometime down the road - big week for JR + company on making TDL decisions.

Just Win.jpg

Those were the past playoffs.

We now have Dont fuck with us Miller, Just try that Juules, and Meet my shoulder Z. not to mention Cole im not dead yet, Myers eat my slapper with yur mouth, and Heronic watch me slapshot this puck through your knees.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And the more scoring you have the more likely you can score two in tight checking games like we saw against LA.

Guenztel is also a very capable two way player so he’ll help you at both ends.

Guess youre a desert first kinda guy. 

IMO we should be after a Clutterbuck or Beck Malenstyn. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

Guess youre a desert first kinda guy. 

IMO we should be after a Clutterbuck or Beck Malenstyn. 

Id love a guy like Greenway or Duhaime but the top 6 needs to be addressed first.

We have Suter and Mikheyev in the top 6. That’s not good enough.