[PGT] Nucks @ ducks - march 3

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

Why was Myers out? The games against SoCal teams are blacked out for me, so I haven't heard news on that front.

Yes, minor injury. Won’t get his cap space for LTIR and will be back before playoffs, but unsure if it’s a week or more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Captain Obvious

How we going to trade Mik now you let the cat out of bag? The whole point to play with JT and BB06 was to up his value by friday.

So shut your mouth. Loose lips sink ships buddy

More like the emporer has no clothes,

Mik walking around stealing top 6 minutes and no one the wiser.

• Cheers 2

I've been alright with some of our losses because we played the right way and just didn't come away with the victory but tonight I'm disappointed in the way we played despite the win. The second period was horrendous and against a good team or even a team that could execute somewhat we would be down a whole bunch of goals. You can't constantly be chipping the puck in and allowing them to break out of the zone with zero pressure on the defense. Half the time they were giving us ice and we were just gladly handing over possession. Awful hockey. The only reason why we won is because we played a dog shit team. 

Edited by MikeyD
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Umm we way out played them

No, we didn't. They just couldn't capitalize to save their lives. The amount of miss shots on wide open chances was probably 10 to 2 for the ducks. 

6 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Yes, minor injury. Won’t get his cap space for LTIR and will be back before playoffs, but unsure if it’s a week or more. 

He is not in LTIR but because not on the ice, we can bring 6mil worth of players on the ice after TDL till end of season. Roster size limit gone, Daily Cap hit counts for who you put on the ice.

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

He's been really strong in Abbotsford this year. He isn't running around all over the place anymore and has been well-coached to be a 200 foot player. I'd love to see him in the Petey spot on PP2. He has been very effective with one-timers from the top of the circle. 

Yep. When I saw Bains got kicked from the lineup Podz was the only guy I was okay with taking his place.

Finally looks ready for the NHL playing in Abby this year. Really focused in on being involved in plays and I think came to terms that he can't rely on skill alone to be successful. He doesn't float nearly as much. He wasn't as good as Hoggy last year, but he's still very noticeable in majority of the games in Abby. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

He is not in LTIR but because not on the ice, we can bring 6mil worth of players on the ice after TDL till end of season. Roster size limit gone, Daily Cap hit counts for who you put on the ice.

He’ll be back by the playoffs so the point is we cant go out and get a 6 mil player 

Edited by Bardown

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Not so much a kid, though.  He'll be 27 next month.  Was drafted 2 years after Soucy and the year before Hronek.  Over 100 NHL games under his belt now.

But, yeah.  He'll be a beast come playoffs 

Just entering his prime. 

I've been thinking if we can find a way to move Mikheyev and get Toffoli and Greenway I really think we can cook with that

Höglander - Miller - Boeser

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Toffoli

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Greenway - Blueger - Suter

You would essentially be recreating that Miller/Pettersson/Toffoli line that was so effective a few years ago.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bardown said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/canucks-defenceman-tyler-myers-out-week-to-week-with-lower-body-injury/ar-BB1je9XZ

Tocchet said "week-to-week" as of yesterday. Did something change in the last 24 hours? Soucy was week-to-week and was out 6 weeks or so assuming he is in for the LA game. Don't know what the injury is (unless someone here has a link to share), but Lower Body Injury can be anything from a high-ankle spring to a tweaked groin to a full on tendon snapped in the ball sack. My guess on a week-to-week would be a groin tweak but then what do I know.

If he is going to be out in the 6-week Soucy variety, then LTIR he goes. Not sure the nuances on putting someone on IR retroactively versus LTIR vs pulling a TAMPA and using the IR manipulation vs LTIR manipulation to miraculously be read to go Game 1 after a short conditioning stint. 

Hopefully someone here much more knowledgeable than I am on IR/LTIR/Conditioning/Don't piss off Bettman can weigh in.

Edited by Rocket-68

Watching the game now.

Holy F Big Z had a rough couple of shifts to start the game but that pass to Garland was awesome.

like Garland on PP1.  Makes unpredictable plays which seems to get the 1st unit going. 

I like the blueprint of Bleugar’s line.  2nd period in and they have hustled hard every shift.  

Podz had a great d shift midway through the second.  Looks confident and comfortable so far.  Goood on him

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Juulsen or Hogs stick ons for unsung hero this year...

Can't believe how improved Juulsen has been with a bit of confidence... He is a one man tank on the back end...

Perfect for the bottom pairing... 

Been years since we had such a punishing d Core with Juuls and Z....

Great to see Podz back in the line up doing well... keep this up and his AHL days are over...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 1-d said:

He seemed to be a better fit on JT line than Petey line. Had a couple of glorious chances he still couldn't finish.

Mik doesn't "FIT" anywhere on this roster.   If he manages to make it past TDL he'll be packaged-up & gone by July.  JR has little patience for overpriced dead-beats.

A Complete waste of $4,750,000.00 we could use in better ways like "Almost" paying OEL's Dead Cap Buyout penalty next year and the year after, and the year after that, and the......

Edited by RU SERIOUS

6 hours ago, Bardown said:

It’s Bains first taste of the NHL, Podz has played 119 games in the NHL, and is physically bigger. 

it’s unrealistic to compare the two right now. 

Bains got his taste, knows what he has to do to take the next step. 

lets cheer for all our prospects 

I'm excited for our prospects; those projected to be Canucks, Leks, Willander, D-Petey; those on the cusp, Bains, Woo; those who got some ice time, Wolanin, Breezer, Karlsson, Hirose, McWard; those in the line up, PDG, Juuls,.

Other than the three young Swedes, the others mentioned are pretty much 3rd/4th liner forwards and bottom pair/depth defenseman. However, Juuls is seemingly making a case of a higher ceiling than anticipated for himself. I like what he's brought to his game.

As yet see don't know what Woo or Mcward is all about. It's definitely crunch time for Woo; perhaps Breezer and Karlsson too.

I've always liked the Podz draft acquisition. I believe some teams stayed away from him because of his contractual obligations in the KHL, which made his top 5 rating dwindle to 10th. A smart move and gamble from the JB regime to snatch him up that will pay off for us. 

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

He was in the right spots. Had two good chances.  Can't finish as usual.  Hope he's lucky and get it going soon. 

Ilya be bamboozled for sure. However, one can look at it in a positive vain in that, he'll eventually score given the opportunities given him. He's most definitely plays himself into situations that gives him every chance to score. Unfortunately they're just not going in for him. I mean, I wouldn't say he can't finish. I'd rather say he hasn't yet capitalized on his opportunities to finish.

9 hours ago, KFAN said:

Hoglander was our best forward tonight with his crazy energy. And so good to see Podz back to his style of last year. We need his forechecking strength. And we need the continued good play of Zadorov and Juulsen.  Juuls is fast becoming my favourite D after Hughes. Surprise, surprise, we didn't miss Myers. 

Yea. The short guys pull through for us. Certainly not the first time this season that scenario took place. Hogz and Garly be clutch for us 5 on 5. And now they're getting chances to do more for us in PP's.

One can presume Podz is in next game too, huh. Can't wait. I'd like him to pot a goal or 2 whilst he's up with the big club.

Zadorov is turning out to be the "Tree" that many lamented for after he ditched us for mother Russia. To be honest I think he's better than Tryamkin! Him and Juuls last night looked to be a defensive pairing to be reckoned with. 

I don't know what the deal is with Chaos' injury. I mean we'll get Soucy back and we lose Myers. Giant in, giant out. Bummer. Did we miss Myers? No, but everybody stepped up. I mean the 'Nucks looked way better then they did vs L.A. Definitely more alert and less Fatigued looking.

Is Myer's injury LTIR worthy?

Edited by Sativika