[PGT] Nucks @ ducks - march 3

8 hours ago, Bob Long said:

It sure needs something, no risk in trying.

I'm hoping he'll make burning more assets for bottom 6 upgrades unnecessary.

I just hope they don’t trade him for a Tofolli rental.  I have a bit of a feeling though.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

I just hope they don’t trade him for a Tofolli rental.  I have a bit of a feeling though.

Yeah me too. Need somebody will speed and a forecheck who has skill. Not a slow old player who has skill. We are one of the slower teams in the league. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/canucks-defenceman-tyler-myers-out-week-to-week-with-lower-body-injury/ar-BB1je9XZ

Tocchet said "week-to-week" as of yesterday. Did something change in the last 24 hours? Soucy was week-to-week and was out 6 weeks or so assuming he is in for the LA game. Don't know what the injury was (unless someone here has a link to share), but Lower Body Injury can be anything from a high-ankle spring to a tweaked groin to a full on tendon snapped in the ball sack. My guess on a week-to-week would be a groin tweak but then what do I know.

If he is going to be out in the 6-week Soucy variety, then LTIR he goes. Not sure the nuances on putting someone on IR retroactively versus LTIR vs pulling a TAMPA and using the IR manipulation vs LTIR manipulation to miraculously be read to go Game 1 after a short conditioning stint. 

Hopefully someone here much more knowledgeable than I am on IR/LTIR/Conditioning/Don't piss off Bettman can weigh in.

It might be more about roster size management right now, after the TDL roster size rules are gone.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yeah me too. Need somebody will speed and a forecheck who has skill. Not a slow old player who has skill. We are one of the slower teams in the league. 

We actually play really fast, when on form. The puck moves way faster than any player can skate. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I screamed at the tv. If the refs didn't hear me maybe time to turn up the volume on the hearing aids?

Ridiculous missed call. Two hander. Yet we've seen a brush by on the glove get called. So inconsistent.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I screamed at the tv. If the refs didn't hear me maybe time to turn up the volume on the hearing aids?

Ridiculous missed call. Two hander. Yet we've seen a brush by on the glove get called. So inconsistent.

Braking an opponent’s stick with a slash is an automatic penalty. Refs looked the other way to manage the game. 

• Cheers 2

We are about to enter our toughest stretch of really good teams consecutively. Will not be easy. This will pretty much decide our playoff seeds.

Everyone's really going to have to be on the same page now. 

Also; Wanna Make a Deal?  It's time, or close..

Just now, Alflives said:

Braking an opponent’s stick with a slash is an automatic penalty. Refs looked the other way to manage the game. 

If it wasn't for the game management we would have crushed the fowl. But whatever, it's to be expected, everyone knew what was going on.

• ThereItIs 1

Lol at the people screaming Podz is better than Bains. Damn right he better be at this point! One has played over 100 games in the NHL and the other one hasn’t. One was drafted 10th overall the other one went undrafted.

Honestly speaking Podz has more to prove than Bains right now. Drafted in 2019 so it’s about to be 5 years now since getting drafted and not being able to stick to the roster. Hoglander was drafted the same year (2019) and has been able to put it together as a 2nd rounder.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Dom said:

It pains me to say but I still think we go 0-4 in the next stretch. 

Well to speak frankly we only beat the 3rd worst team in the league. Our games coming up will be tougher. LA X 3, Vegas X 3, Colorado, etc. Tough stretch ahead and I’m not sure if the Canucks are out of their slump. Beating 30th ranked Anaheim 2-1 isn’t exactly confidence inspiring.

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

damn, thats impressive. 

Hogs, Suter, Juulson winning the value for money sweepstakes for us. 

Not just the fact hes top 10.. but top 10 with 250-400TOI less than everyone ahead of him. Thats what makes it even more impressive 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Well to speak frankly we only beat the 3rd worst team in the league. Our games coming up will be tougher. LA X 3, Vegas X 3, Colorado, etc. Tough stretch ahead and I’m not sure if the Canucks are out of their slump. Beating 30th ranked Anaheim 2-1 isn’t exactly confidence inspiring.

If they are in a slump, they will come out sooner or later.  For now, it's better to grind their game to get the victory and they seem to have the tool to handle that as they have proven that, ability to grind when their game was not clicking, see November and early December slump.  It bodes well for the playoffs where goals are few.  

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Not just the fact hes top 10.. but top 10 with 250-400TOI less than everyone ahead of him. Thats what makes it even more impressive 

Tocc et al have managed his development this year perfectly. 

3 hours ago, Sativika said:

I'm excited for our prospects; those projected to be Canucks, Leks, Willander, D-Petey; those on the cusp, Bains, Woo; those who got some ice time, Wolanin, Breezer, Karlsson, Hirose, McWard; those in the line up, PDG, Juuls,.

Other than the three young Swedes, the others mentioned are pretty much 3rd/4th liner forwards and bottom pair/depth defenseman. However, Juuls is seemingly making a case of a higher ceiling than anticipated for himself. I like what he's brought to his game.

As yet see don't know what Woo or Mcward is all about. It's definitely crunch time for Woo; perhaps Breezer and Karlsson too.

I've always liked the Podz draft acquisition. I believe some teams stayed away from him because of his contractual obligations in the KHL, which made his top 5 rating dwindle to 10th. A smart move and gamble from the JB regime to snatch him up that will pay off for us. 

Ilya be bamboozled for sure. However, one can look at it in a positive vain in that, he'll eventually score given the opportunities given him. He's most definitely plays himself into situations that gives him every chance to score. Unfortunately they're just not going in for him. I mean, I wouldn't say he can't finish. I'd rather say he hasn't yet capitalized on his opportunities to finish.

Yea. The short guys pull through for us. Certainly not the first time this season that scenario took place. Hogz and Garly be clutch for us 5 on 5. And now they're getting chances to do more for us in PP's.

One can presume Podz is in next game too, huh. Can't wait. I'd like him to pot a goal or 2 whilst he's up with the big club.

Zadorov is turning out to be the "Tree" that many lamented for after he ditched us for mother Russia. To be honest I think he's better than Tryamkin! Him and Juuls last night looked to be a defensive pairing to be reckoned with. 

I don't know what the deal is with Chaos' injury. I mean we'll get Soucy back and we lose Myers. Giant in, giant out. Bummer. Did we miss Myers? No, but everybody stepped up. I mean the 'Nucks looked way better then they did vs L.A. Definitely more alert and less Fatigued looking.

Is Myer's injury LTIR worthy?

Myers injury isn’t LTIR worthy so we can’t go shopping for a 6 mil player. He’ll be back before the playoffs apparently 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Jaimito said:

9th in goals with 130 mins fewer than the next lowest.

Hogs has been phenomenal this season! And looks like Podz development is going great

Edited by Lewlowned
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pears said:

I've been thinking if we can find a way to move Mikheyev and get Toffoli and Greenway I really think we can cook with that

Höglander - Miller - Boeser

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Toffoli

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Greenway - Blueger - Suter

You would essentially be recreating that Miller/Pettersson/Toffoli line that was so effective a few years ago.  

Those are also players who wouldn’t cost our “major” prospects. 

Milhayev, a couple of second round picks and a B prospect should do it. 

it would hurt the next 2 drafts but we have a number of players pushing from the AHL so it may not hurt too badly long term. 

9 hours ago, Pears said:

I've been thinking if we can find a way to move Mikheyev and get Toffoli and Greenway I really think we can cook with that

Höglander - Miller - Boeser

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Toffoli

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Greenway - Blueger - Suter

You would essentially be recreating that Miller/Pettersson/Toffoli line that was so effective a few years ago.  

Do you write for the Hockey News?

Two More Players Canucks Could Acquire At Trade Deadline - The Hockey News Vancouver Canucks News, Analysis and More

• Haha 1

I thought we were dominant and deserved the win. Score was flattering for the ducks. 

Here's what I think for mik. He's lost his speed and is no longer a threat on offense. Lindholm doesn't have offense either. Both however are really solid defensive guys. They just don't happen to be as two way as we hoped. 

I think it's time to make a "checking line". We should try them against top lines and eat some minutes and try to free up our top 2 lines.