[FIRING] Devils fire Lindy Ruff!

What a mess, this has to go on the GM. You've got such a skilled bunch of young kids and rookies who did so well last year because they were scattered amongst vets and protected, then you lose all your veterans and just thrust rookies into top roles and of course they struggle. What they did to that defence should be punished harshly. Arguably the best D in the year last year, then they lose Severson and Graves who were vastly under-rated on their team and just think two rookies can replace those minutes. Of course Hamilton gets injured for most of the season which doesn't help and they're finished.

The flip-side of this coin is seeing what PA did to the defence in Vancouver - he got some vets in to protect and help the younger guys Hughes and Hronek and look how well the D has gelled together.

Meanwhile, they've just thrust Luke and Nemec into 20+ minutes as rookies and of course they're getting battered defensively. Forget about the lack of a starting goalie, their D is being exposed and they've left their kids to fend for themselves...then take it out on the coach?

Disgusting how badly they mismanaged that team which should have been a consistent contender from last year onwards if they just kept a few veterans, or at the very least acquired some to mix throughout their defence.

Now you throw Green into the mix to try and run that defence - what he did to our team defence was abyssmal.

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

What a mess, this has to go on the GM. You've got such a skilled bunch of young kids and rookies who did so well last year because they were scattered amongst vets and protected, then you lose all your veterans and just thrust rookies into top roles and of course they struggle. What they did to that defence should be punished harshly. Arguably the best D in the year last year, then they lose Severson and Graves who were vastly under-rated on their team and just think two rookies can replace those minutes. Of course Hamilton gets injured for most of the season which doesn't help and they're finished.

The flip-side of this coin is seeing what PA did to the defence in Vancouver - he got some vets in to protect and help the younger guys Hughes and Hronek and look how well the D has gelled together.

Meanwhile, they've just thrust Luke and Nemec into 20+ minutes as rookies and of course they're getting battered defensively. Forget about the lack of a starting goalie, their D is being exposed and they've left their kids to fend for themselves...then take it out on the coach?

Disgusting how badly they mismanaged that team which should have been a consistent contender from last year onwards if they just kept a few veterans, or at the very least acquired some to mix throughout their defence.

Now you throw Green into the mix to try and run that defence - what he did to our team defence was abyssmal.

If I was a blueliner there, I'd be demanding a trade before that idiots destroyed my career.  Hopefully he's forced to hire qualified assistants instead of bringing Baumgartner in.  I feel really bad for the kids they're; they don't deserve what Green is doing to them.

Edited by King Heffy

Good for Green.  He didn’t have the horses here to do anything.  Working under Bumbling Jim and his rotating cast of overpaid terrible signings had to be tough.

Tocchet regularly talks about how close they are and how they see hockey the same way.  I think Green has some good success in his future coaching jobs.

26 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

oof. Bad move, this was not on Lindy in the least. 

Oh, he wore out his welcome.  There are a dozen problems with the Devils (injuries/goaltending being major ones), but Lindy Ruff was starting to make poorer and poorer line decisions.  He was making a bad situation worse.

Alexander Holtz stepped up during the injuries.  Demoted to the fourth line once everyone came back.

Brendan Smith has a brutal game and ends with a -5.  Paired with Luke Hughes next game while his partner (Colin Miller) gets scratched.

Timo Meier scores whenever he plays in the top six (like he is right now).  Demoted to the third line most of Ruff's tenure.

Forgets to send the 6th attacker on the ice after pulling the goalie.  Might've been the straw that broke the camel's back.

The goaltending coach really needs to go next.  I've heard Marty's a big fan of the guy but Fitz needs to do what's best for the team and can him.  As for replacing the head coach, people won't be happy with my suggestion but.... Jay Woodcroft is a pretty solid player's coach who could jolt the team back into shape next year.  That or they stick with Travis Green, the first man to have coaches all the Hughes brothers.

5 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Yet another GM making Ruff the scapegoat for their own incompetence sadly.

100% agree. They would rather blame him even though he had a winning record over 4 years with the shit personnel he had. They need goal tending, not a new coach

7 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

100% agree. They would rather blame him even though he had a winning record over 4 years with the shit personnel he had. They need goal tending, not a new coach

Then how would you justify the bizarre coaching decisions he was making all year?  I'm not saying he was the cause of all things wrong with NJ (look at my above post), but Lindy was making enough mistakes for management and the fans to turn on him.