[FIRING] Devils fire Lindy Ruff!

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

Travis Green is a head coach again. Didn't have that in my march pool.

Been a canuck fan longer than I care to admit. Green torts and Keenan are all coaches I'd rather forget about 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

oof. Bad move, this was not on Lindy in the least. 

Roster construction issue.

Fitzgerald has blundered at every turn since that playoff run. I didn't understand letting go of Severson.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Wow - you guys actually think Lindy Ruff was doing a good job this season.  You're acting as though his firing was completely undeserved.

It was.

It was….. undeserved?

48 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol Green... 

Im curious to see if he's made some changes to his systems since being here. 

It was stale and predictive. 

It truly is amazing to see people with historical revisionism about the dude, and no surprise people remember him for the bubble hockey performances. I'll give him some credit there. However, over the span of (five?) years on Canucks, Green never posted a single winning record AT ALL, which also includes him having Pettersson and Hughes. If you look in his AHL records, I think I remember them to be similar-ish. Then look at the rosters that "REAL GOOD" WD had. They are remarkably similar, only that Green had far better rosters. The man can't coach, at least not in the NHL anyway. WD is definitely effective at the lower levels. Not sure about Green though.

And yes, Green's answer to his funk was his line juggling and dump and chase tactics. Apparently this was "high tempo" hockey.

I was very wary when Tocc referred Greener as his friend and one that he talks to often about hockey, but Tocc is three times the coach that Green was/is.

Edited by PureQuickness

And Green’s first move as interim coach…healthy scratching Nemec for tonight’s game and  Fitzgerald indicating it’s about player accountability. 

NJD heading in which direction with deadline still 3 days away…?

Edited by RWJC