[Speculation] Trade Deadline Primer: Vancouver Canucks

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

He just reiterated the report on a TSN Sportscentre panel. I doubt he would risk his credibility by tossing this out there without actually hearing anything.

I'm sure there are murmurs out there about all sorts of stuff. He is likely connected, but I haven't really heard him break much or even any insider information about the Canucks. This management group has been quite good at keeping things secretive, so I'd just put more stock into it if someone more connected to the Canucks was the one to report on that.

1 minute ago, ngoway said:

I'm sure there are murmurs out there about all sorts of stuff. He is likely connected, but I haven't really heard him break much or even any insider information about the Canucks. This management group has been quite good at keeping things secretive, so I'd just put more stock into it if someone more connected to the Canucks was the one to report on that.

He's better connected out East IIRC...funnily enough, 2 of the teams involved, are out East.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Racist, ass hat, room cancer that's frankly not that good.

I think people judge way to easy these days. We dont know the details, but also some people have a pretty slim tolerance for words that come out of a guy who grew up in New Jersey. 

I am sure by now the guy knows what is acceptable in current society and has outgrown the trailer park.

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think people judge way to easy these days. We dont know the details, but also some people have a pretty slim tolerance for words that come out of a guy who grew up in New Jersey. 

I am sure by now the guy knows what is acceptable in current society and has outgrown the trailer park.

We do know the details, he was turfed out of NY for being an ass hat and cancer in the room. The players wanted him gone. He's made numerous public statements that are racist and ignorant.

The guy's an ass hat.

He's also simply not that good of a player.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's better connected out East IIRC...funnily enough, 2 of the teams involved, are out East.

I guess we'll see what happens! Like you said before I think all GMs would have to at least do their due diligence. I see it as a very unlikely scenario though as it would likely have to be an offer we couldn't refuse.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Gonchar and Foote specialize in fixing problems. Its like buying an beater car, get it on the road and inspected, its like free money

Plus the guy has some production in the past? Just not getting ice time?

Bringing a racist locker room cancer in at the deadline is quite possibly one of the dumbest things this team could possibly do. 

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Dom said:

Dhaliwal says no chance Guentzel happens as other teams have much deeper prospect pools. 

Zucker - Canucks have poked around him. (I'D PASS)

Greenway - They've wanted him for a long time. but the price is way too high. 

Kessel - Decision is coming... ' IT IS NOT FITNESS RELATED IF THEY DON'T SIGN HIM ' 

Almost sounds like nothing is going to happen. 

I could see Zucker being an under the radar add in Vancouver. The team could use his speed and he could provide secondary scoring in the lineup. In fact the acquisition cost for him could be much more respectable to stomach and couple him with Kessel as additions to the lineup and you add a ton of speed and scoring touch to the bottom nine. 

9 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I could see Zucker being an under the radar add in Vancouver. The team could use his speed and he could provide secondary scoring in the lineup. In fact the acquisition cost for him could be much more respectable to stomach and couple him with Kessel as additions to the lineup and you add a ton of speed and scoring touch to the bottom nine. 

4 hours ago, Bardown said:

Rumour is LA is talking Toffoli. With Kempe out, and their / his history there, I'd expect that's his first choice to go and also re-sign

LA has changed a fair bit in the last three years so maybe there is hope haha

37 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I've always liked Zuckers game. I'd offer Mik up for Zucker. Contract lengths don't match up but maybe Coyotes have issues signing players moving forward and would welcome some term.

5 hours ago, Bardown said:

Never sell low on a player - ie Mik. He's starting to show flashes of his speed returning. His surgery was significant and it usually takes a year for a player to find their strength again, which is why his speed hasn't shown itself regularly.

If you're going to move a player like Mikhayev, you do it next year when his speed should be where it used to be and you can sell high. There's zero advantage to moving him now for peanuts. His value won't decrease but it very well should increase, and he'll likely be more valuable to keep as well.

Too many fans rush to move guys out when they're slumping.  You can't operate a team being so reactionary.

I remember people wanting to move Boeser for a second, Miller for a first and a prospect, give up picks to move Garland...good thing management understands the game better than fans.

Next year!? Are you talking about next year?!

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

remember people wanting to move Boeser for a second, Miller for a first and a prospect, give up picks to move Garland...good thing management understands th

Management gave BB agent permission to seek a trade, same with Garland, JT was shopped. I give management credit, but not too much. They would of possibly moved the first two if any kind of offer came in.

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Zucker is ufa this summer ...hasnt he lost a step this year ????at a 5.3 cap hit, wouldn't we be sending cap the other way like mlikeyhev...

I'd do that.