[Speculation] Trade Deadline Primer: Vancouver Canucks

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yes, Vatrano. 

Unfortunately, your or my preference isn't particularly valid in this circumstance.  If the Canucks

want to upgrade their top 6 at TDL, it will be at a high price.   I think the price will include Podz.

I doubt there are many Canuck fans that want to see Podz moved, but we have no vote in

the management decisions.

Not so much a preference thing, if you are saying a 1st rounder, Podkolzin and a prospect one of which was identified as possible Raty for a Vatrano ? 

My opinion is that is insane, my reference would be NO and I would think the Canucks would eventually stop laughing at some point in order to atleast end that call if that was the ask.

I am sure Vancouver is working on multiple fronts, I just don't see them going big in on another forward. I got the impression Tocchet is a Vatrano fan sure but that is not a realistic price to pay.

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

It’s buyer’s remorse.

Only a segment of the fan base has buyers remorse on the Lindholm deal. He is a player the team targeted for quit some time and he is a very logical fit for this club. Tocchet is giddy over his addition to the club. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Only a segment of the fan base has buyers remorse on the Lindholm deal. He is a player the team targeted for quit some time and he is a very logical fit for this club. Tocchet is giddy over his addition to the club. 

Lindholm hasn’t had a steady line mate since he got here. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Lindholm hasn’t had a steady line mate since he got here. 

Yeah I would prefer Tocchet goes back to the Swedish line again with Lindholm and they can simply interchange Hoglander and Mikheyev as needed.

Feeling bad for him when he gets a couple games here then there then he's centering Garland, as much as I appreciate the depth by putting him on the 2A line or " 3rd " he should be top six.

Oh and cut the shit out with the PP deployment adjustment already haha

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yeah I would prefer Tocchet goes back to the Swedish line again with Lindholm and they can simply interchange Hoglander and Mikheyev as needed.

Feeling bad for him when he gets a couple games here then there then he's centering Garland, as much as I appreciate the depth by putting him on the 2A line or " 3rd " he should be top six.

Oh and cut the shit out with the PP deployment adjustment already haha

Agreed 

And yes out the best guy out there. They need to figure it out 

1 hour ago, Shekky said:

Has Chris Johnston ever had accurate insider information in regards to the Canucks as of late? As far as I can remember, I don't think so. This very much seems to be like he heard something and just tweeted it out knowing it would garner attention.

If you actually think about flipping Elias Lindholm, it makes zero sense. Tocchet has stated he's not concerned with Lindholm's play at all and likes where he's at. If we use the Kuzmenko situation as reference, there were clear indications that he was losing his spot on the team and Tocchet had continually said Kuzmenko was struggling and they were trying to figure it out. Lindholm is exactly one of the pieces the team needs to compete, and if we were going to move on, it'd be in the off season.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Can someone tell me why we are not grabbing this guy? obviously not Frank but the Tony DeAngelo at cheap affordable bench warming RH D

As teams continue to scour the market for right-shot defensemen, sounds like #Canes have set the ask at a 5th round pick for Tony DeAngelo and they will retain 50 percent to make it happen ($837,500).

Just now, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Can someone tell me why we are not grabbing this guy? obviously not Frank but the Tony DeAngelo at cheap affordable bench warming RH D

As teams continue to scour the market for right-shot defensemen, sounds like #Canes have set the ask at a 5th round pick for Tony DeAngelo and they will retain 50 percent to make it happen ($837,500).

Google Tony DeAngelo=Wing Nut. May help explain it.

4 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Racist, ass hat, room cancer that's frankly not that good.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Google Tony DeAngelo=Wing Nut. May help explain it.

Gonchar and Foote specialize in fixing problems. Its like buying an beater car, get it on the road and inspected, its like free money

Plus the guy has some production in the past? Just not getting ice time?

16 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Has Chris Johnston ever had accurate insider information in regards to the Canucks as of late? As far as I can remember, I don't think so. This very much seems to be like he heard something and just tweeted it out knowing it would garner attention.

If you actually think about flipping Elias Lindholm, it makes zero sense. Tocchet has stated he's not concerned with Lindholm's play at all and likes where he's at. If we use the Kuzmenko situation as reference, there were clear indications that he was losing his spot on the team and Tocchet had continually said Kuzmenko was struggling and they were trying to figure it out. Lindholm is exactly one of the pieces the team needs to compete, and if we were going to move on, it'd be in the off season.

He just reiterated the report on a TSN Sportscentre panel. I doubt he would risk his credibility by tossing this out there without actually hearing anything.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Gonchar and Foote specialize in fixing problems. Its like buying an beater car, get it on the road and inspected, its like free money

Plus the guy has some production in the past? Just not getting ice time?

DeAngelo is the broken, unwanted, leftover Christmas toy with sticky candycane stains on it. Lots of baggage there. 

Edited by Rekker