[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ LA Kings, March 5, 7:30PM PST (10:30PM EST), Crypto.com Arena - Let's GET ON A ROLL and be a TEAM LIKE THAT! GAME!!

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Ribs said:

Get rid of anthems, get rid of tributes, get rif of acknowledgements. Start the game at the time indicated.

Or at least have the decency to do them prior to game time. Geez. 7:30 start, but we won't see puck hit ice til about quarter to. Smh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ribs said:

Get rid of anthems, get rid of tributes, get rif of acknowledgements. Start the game at the time indicated.

100% agree. Or if you want to do that stuff, start it 10-15mins before scheduled start time.

American Football and Football always start on time, and it's so nice.

20 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Doesn't matter. One way or another, Vancouver is going to have beat Edmonton if they hope to advance. Whoever gets Edmonton in round one is going to lose, so if Vancouver wins the first round, they'll likely be up against Edmonton. Sadly, I don't think anybody else can beat them in the playoffs. I see an Edmonton-Florida Cup Final.

Any team can get hot as much as they want in regular season and look unbeatable doing so, like Boston last year. And we all know what happened.

Once playoff starts everything resets to zero for every team in it. The only advantage higher seed teams get is they get to play game 7 on their home ice, but only if a series comes down to it.

Again, any wild card team can get hot down the stretch and any top seeded team can fizzle out inexplicably. Edmonton is likely the latter, due to their tough remaining schedule and energy spent getting back above the playoff bar in the past couple of months.

To me, among the possible playoff opponents I'm least worried about is the Oilers atm.

Edited by 1-d
  • Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Oh Lord. Do they just grab someone in the McDonalds drive thru and say "you're up"?

But fat shaming or anything. But it looks that way.

"And now, for your viewing pleasure, we're going to have cane races from the LA Seniors Home"

Followed by

A macrame demonstration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2