[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ LA Kings, March 5, 7:30PM PST (10:30PM EST), Crypto.com Arena - Let's GET ON A ROLL and be a TEAM LIKE THAT! GAME!!

Rocket-68

6 hours ago, buddyguy said:

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser 

Hoglander - Petey - Suter

Podkolzin - Lindholm - Garland

PDG - Blueger - Lafferty

Aman

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Juulsen

Soucy - Cole

Friedman

Demko

I'd move Podz up onto the Miller or Petterson line; think he offers the size and strength to help either line.

What we really need is one of the bottom 6 guys or Mik to step it up offensively. It seems this has been a steady most of the year, where one was out playing their salary; first it was Lafferty, then Suter. Both are invisible offensively right now.

Ditto Mik...but he has been that way all year. Though I really like his overall game, the lack of offense makes it a necessity to jettison him and free up some cap. Maybe PA dumps his contract with a pick and trades for a UFA at deadline? Not a huge fan of giving up ALL of our draft stock or good prospects, but I guess we'd have to see the final product after the flipperoos. In addition, makes it easier to resign guys that are actually getting it done.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Man. That was a brilliant move back in the day, wasn't it. Big D man, Big winger, Scoring winger, and a shrimp of a speedy centre man extraordinaire.

How would a trade such as this look today for our present Canucks I wonder?!?!?!?!? Just Speculating and sorta' highjacking the thread topic. 

But, back on topic..............

Kill the Kings. Rule the Seven Kingdoms.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!:towel:

IMG_3223.jpeg

14 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I'd move Podz up onto the Miller or Petterson line; think he offers the size and strength to help either line.

What we really need is one of the bottom 6 guys or Mik to step it up offensively. It seems this has been a steady most of the year, where one was out playing their salary; first it was Lafferty, then Suter. Both are invisible offensively right now.

Ditto Mik...but he has been that way all year. Though I really like his overall game, the lack of offense makes it a necessity to jettison him and free up some cap. Maybe PA dumps his contract with a pick and trades for a UFA at deadline? Not a huge fan of giving up ALL of our draft stock or good prospects, but I guess we'd have to see the final product after the flipperoos. In addition, makes it easier to resign guys that are actually getting it done.

I dont think we should see Podz up with JT & Brock till AFTER the TDL. They have it correct now, advertising Mik as a winger for the best plus/minus bulldog line in the NHL. Bounce some pucks off that guy Miller!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I dont think we should see Podz up with JT & Brock till AFTER the TDL. They have it correct now, advertising Mik as a winger for the best plus/minus bulldog line in the NHL. Bounce some pucks off that guy Miller!

Maybe Miller should try shooting the puck at Mikheyev in front of the net and bank one in...instead of passing it to him. 

Mik still gets the goal and adds to his point totals. LOL

Clearly setting him up with passes isn't working this year.  Just needs to get a lucky one to get the monkey of his back.  Haha

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

I've always liked Boeser, a wee bit slow at times, better this year, not so sure about Mik, fast but not always knowing where to be, but along with JT Miller, a reasonable line I guess, though so much work for Miller doing the dirty work. 

Edited by Rip The Mesh

31 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

You don't think he offers more value up than Suter? Suter has done exactly nothing the last month and a bit. Podz at least offers the size and potential.

Mik has zero trade value at his cap hit. You are going to have to attached picks/prospects to move him. He's a great player, but with his lack of offense, his contract is untradeable.

39 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

You don't think he offers more value up than Suter? Suter has done exactly nothing the last month and a bit. Podz at least offers the size and potential.

Mik has zero trade value at his cap hit. You are going to have to attached picks/prospects to move him. He's a great player, but with his lack of offense, his contract is untradeable.

AFTER TDL friday please. Also, I think Podz has better chem with Petey and Hogs for sure.

As for Mik i think some teams view him as a skilled forward, so if in LA and Vegas Miller can get him going, his contract is tradeable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

This is what this spot was reserved for:

image.png.f467151da6e7e0ec4bd70006622b31ac.png

Feeling lucky, punk! Well I am, Canucks will win this game and in honour of that happy accomplishment bought this ticket. Should this hit on the big one, 7 out of 7, then will share with everyone who posts during this game in this thread. How much you ask, well, up to my sole discretion but I am a generous sort ... well almost everyone, those on my IGNORE list will get a hearty handshake and a set of steak knives from Walmart as a consolation prize.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!

No mystery boxes?

Might could be steak knives from Walmart..

3 hours ago, Devron said:

Always a delightful positive outlook 

What do you expect from a 'Backwards M.O.D.'?

No way we can BAN A MOD; it barely helps to put D.O.M. on Ignore.

Which one of you is it?  I'm thinking AJ..

Stirrin' th' pot, stirrin' th' pot, always stirrin' the pot.

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

Its for your twenty-second beer

FTFY

22 Beer Fan Ref:

drunk_ref.0.gif

"And I went Flyin', High, All the way, you know, I went flyin', All The Way.." - Country Joe & The Fish

• Haha 2

I got the forum closure on the old CDC up to 150 through endless giffery.

I did pledge to not return there until mik scores a goal, so it'll probably fall away without my online foolishness for the next year.