[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ LA Kings, March 5, 7:30PM PST (10:30PM EST), Crypto.com Arena - Let's GET ON A ROLL and be a TEAM LIKE THAT! GAME!!

Rocket-68

8 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

Soucy must be back in then. Or is this trade related? opening up space?

My guess would be (1) unlikely anyone will claim him being on LTIR, but who knows ... (2) freeing up his cap space for a signing (Phlying Phil the Hot Dog Schill?) ... (3) just freeing up space for added flexibility for a signing this week

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

Kick the Kings butts!

Kick them when they're up - kick them when they're down!

3 hours ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

Love this. should be played in nuks locker room to fire up JT

It should be the opening music anytime the Nucks play the kings at home imo.

hell opening music for every game….

• Like 1

The return of Soucy. A day I’ve been so dearly waiting for. Glad to have him back ! I find it funny his presence on the ice gives me more confidence as a fan. Who knew a 5/6 D could have such a huge impact in the 23 games or so he’s played. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

This game is important, because it will show if we are continuing to stumble while other teams are rising. Is our system strong enough when we lose players ( Joshua or Myers ) and can we correct our Special teams woes - both factors will matter in the playoffs.

The slide after the All star break is becoming a bad habit. We started off fast and kept that pace until the All star break and then they lost they started to break down. Is this a matter of teams like Florida, LA, Edmonton, and Winnipeg playing well at the right time or is it just a bump along the way for the Canucks?

There are some serious concerns with Canuck's Special teams that will cost them playoff games. When you look at Florida's Special teams being Power Play % 5th (26.3 PP%) and Penalty Kill % 7th (82.1 PK%) while ours is Power Play % 9th (22.8 PP%) and Penalty Kill % 19th (78.8 PK%). By comparison: LA - Power Play % 9th (22.8 PP%) and Penalty Kill % 2nd (86.2 PK%), Edmonton - Power Play % 4th (26.9 PP%) Penalty Kill % 15th (79.5 PK%), Winnipeg - Power Play % 24th (18.2 PP%) Penalty Kill % 23rd (77.5 PK%).

Winnipeg's Special teams are terrible BUT their identity is their low scoring games with a low Goals Against 1st 143 GA. Canucks used to have a low GA, but now we're 10th Goals Against 10th 174 GA. The ONLY reason we've been winning this season is our GF is 1st. We've scored the first goal the most times in the NHL ( 40 games?), so have played with the lead most times. In the playoffs it's more likely as has been happening recently, teams will score first against us in games, so if we can't score or defend on Special teams then how do we come back in playoff games.

At this point in the season our identity ( mostly up until the All star break ) has been scoring first, holding onto leads, and outscoring our opponents without the benefit of Special teams. Teams like Winnipeg, LA, and Edmonton have been winning with lower scoring games, better GA, or better Special teams.

Our newest challenge is how we play now that teams have caught up and ( some ) passed us. Colorado, Dallas, Winnipeg, Florida, and Rangers have all tightened up the points race. Edmonton is now only 9 points behind us with 4 games in hand. They have been playing better overall than the Canucks and once they catch up in games could be higher in points than us. Our slump has become a month long and if it continues will lead to us playing to catch other teams to fight for a Division lead or playoff spot.

Can we find our confidence back? Can we get our Special teams going? ( I don't see how we win playoff games with poor Special teams UNLESS we start being able to win low scoring games like Winnipeg does ). Can we solidify our lines?

36 minutes ago, Jim McMahon said:

The return of Soucy. A day I’ve been so dearly waiting for. Glad to have him back ! I find it funny his presence on the ice gives me more confidence as a fan. Who knew a 5/6 D could have such a huge impact in the 23 games or so he’s played. 

Same way I feel about Joshua. I'm really hoping for Joshua to return soon, so we can see if him being out is really the missing piece that triggered a lot of the Canuck's slide. 

note: It's concerning that 2 players can disrupt our team so much, since players often get injured during the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Stupid 7:30 start.

I have to get up at 4:30 for a 12 hr shift.

Will float off into dreamland sometime during the 2nd period.

Go Nucks.

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Stupid 7:30 start.

I have to get up at 4:30 for a 12 hr shift.

Will float off into dreamland sometime during the 2nd period.

Go Nucks.

Do what I might do! Record it and watch it before work so you can go into work pissed off and worked up! 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

7:30pm???

I’m fucked. 

yeah, I don't know that I'll have it in me to make it to through the 2nd, let alone the 3rd.