[Rumour] - Buchnevich linked to VAN

Just now, HKSR said:

Just going off of your approach.

Ignore points, look at play style ... if play style similar = player comparable regardless of how big a difference in production.  Therefore, value is similar.

Debrusk = Buchnevich.

Goldobin = Kaprizov.

Well to start Goldobin isnt even in the NHL so your attempt to reason by analogy is severely flawed.   Kudos 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

There's talks about flipping Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Guentzel.

Why not flip Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Buchnevich?  At least Buchnevich wouldn't be a rental.  At $5.8M this year and next, it'd give us even more options to add if we move Mikheyev as well.

To BOS

Lindholm

To VAN

Debrusk

Lysell

1st

then

To VAN

Buchnevich

To STL

Debrusk

Lysell

Klimovich or Mcdonough

1st

Then package Mikheyev++ for Pettersson or Graves out of PIT.

Buchnevich-Petey-Hoglander

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Graves-Zadorov (oof, this would be a nasty pair to play against)

Soucy-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

Plan the parade. 

1 minute ago, AngryGoose said:

Well to start Goldobin isnt even in the NHL so your attempt to reason by analogy is severely flawed.   Kudos 

Doesn't matter as long as their play style is similar. 

Blueger and JT Miller play a similar style too...

So if you don't like my first analogy, then Blueger = JT Miller.  Similar playstyle.  Doesn't matter that one guy has 23 points and the other 83 points.  Play style is what matters.  Don't look at the stats.

20 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

its literally just hypothetical trade discussion in a Canucks Fan forum.  How is that difficult to understand?

I do understand that.What i dont understand why so negative when talking about something might be or not.

Just now, HKSR said:

Doesn't matter as long as their play style is similar. 

Blueger and JT Miller play a similar style too...

So if you don't like my first analogy, then Blueger = JT Miller.  Similar playstyle.  Doesn't matter that one guy has 23 points and the other 83 points.  Play style is what matters.  Don't look at the stats.

It does matter.  How I evaluate Buch and Debrusk is based on how Ive seen play/perform vs NHL competition.   I could be wrong but like Ive said before (twice actually) I dont see a huge gulf (n terms of how they play) btw them.  Buch may be a better regular season producer, but Debrusk might be a better playoff type of player.

Bleugar and JT and similar eh? just like Goldy and Kaprisov huh?

Anyways…

1 minute ago, AngryGoose said:

It does matter.  How I evaluate Buch and Debrusk is based on how Ive seen play/perform vs NHL competition.   I could be wrong but like Ive said before (twice actually) I dont see a huge gulf (n terms of how they play) btw them.  Buch may be a better regular season producer, but Debrusk might be a better playoff type of player.

Bleugar and JT and similar eh? just like Goldy and Kaprisov huh?

Anyways…

You are completing ignoring the most important aspect of a player's value... their production.  The 'gulf' that you refer to is nearly 30 points between them.  That's very significant. 

Not sure why you're bringing up playoffs.  Buchnevich has only had 1 true playoff run.  He was almost a PPG.  Debrusk has had several playoff runs and is about a 0.5 PPG player.  This is reflective of their regular season performance.

You're out to lunch on this one bud.  There's no way your argument stands here when the 'gulf' between 2 players is 30ish points.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HKSR said:

You are completing ignoring the most important aspect of a player's value... their production.  The 'gulf' that you refer to is nearly 30 points between them.  That's very significant. 

Not sure why you're bringing up playoffs.  Buchnevich has only had 1 true playoff run.  He was almost a PPG.  Debrusk has had several playoff runs and is about a 0.5 PPG player.  This is reflective of their regular season performance.

You're out to lunch on this one bud.  There's no way your argument stands here when the 'gulf' between 2 players is 30ish points.

Again, in terms of how they play.  That’s the “gulf” Im referring to and what you seem to be misinterpreting/not understanding.

You wanted to massively overpay for Buch.  That may (or may not) be his true trade value.  That’s fine.  I wouldnt do it and discussed why. To reiterate, I dont see a huge difference in terms of how they play.  But thats just me.

The only thing thats out to lunch is your reading comprehension and reasoning ability.  

Just now, AngryGoose said:

Again, in terms of how they play.  That’s the “gulf” Im referring to and what you seem to be misinterpreting/not understanding.

You wanted to massively overpay for Buch.  That may (or may not) be his true trade value.  That’s fine.  I wouldnt do it and discussed why. To reiterate, I dont see a huge difference in terms of how they play.  But thats just me.

The only thing thats out to lunch is your reading comprehension and reasoning ability.  

This all stemmed from the value in trade for Buchnevich.  If we're talking value, we're talking the 'gulf' in value = 'gulf' in production.  Your rationalization of a 40 point guy and a 70 point guy being similar value based on play alone is ludicrous. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

This all stemmed from the value in trade for Buchnevich.  If we're talking value, we're talking the 'gulf' in value = 'gulf' in production.  Your rationalization of a 40 point guy and a 70 point guy being similar value based on play alone is ludicrous. 

Quote me where I say both, on their own are similar trade value?

You proposed VAN gets Debrusk, Lysell and a 1st from BOS which then goes to STL to STL for Buch.

Ive been discussing the entire time

that I wouldnt move all that for Buch when you just got a comparable type of player in Debrusk and one Id even lean toward being a similar or even better playoff performer.  Again, comparable in terms of how they play NOT TRADE VALUE

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

technical knock out GIF by Collider

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

How could he not be?

LH bumper spot Pp guy

top unit pker 

2 way scoring winger

he would fit very well stylistically with Petey I think.

i would be curious to try:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Buchnevich-Petey-Podkolzin

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

PDG/Aman-Blueger-Lafferty

but I don’t know what we could trade for him.

Mikehyev a first and a prospect? Maybe had rights to mason raymond

Prospect no higher than Raty and I would take that deal. 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, that's fine, but I'm going with the overall body of work.  Buchnevich has proven consistently what he's capable of.  Even in this 'down' year, he's on pace for 66 points.  Debrusk is on pace for 39 points. 

Am I seriously the only one here that thinks this is nuts?  That someone is actually insinuating that Debrusk and Buchnevich are comparable in terms of value?? 

image.gif.5f5cccae9d12c283b76b340a2adf9c1f.gif

Well, depends on whether your including all aspects. I don't have time to look at both their contracts, but if Buch is paid considerably more, then you would have to consider that both their cap hits are commensurate to their points, which would make them "similar" players in that regard.

Also, if one guy is physical, or kills penalties etc and the other guy doesn't, then the value of the player is more than just stats.

All that considered I agree with you that there's likely no argument that can be made that a 66pt player is equal to a 39pt player. But there could be an argument that they are similar, if other factors are considered and they are accurate.

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

Poor Puis doesn’t get to play no more…

Haha oh my poor guy was an after thought.

too excited by podz debut and hoglanders progressions and the idea of a new acquisition how silly

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thing is the team will need the Podkolzin, Raty, Bains types next season when some of the UFA talent moves on to better contracts. Really see Podkolzin as a piece moving forward here, just like Hoglander.

Exactly. I hope JR and PA see it the same as you and I.

But we know how disposable players the previous regime acquired can be to a new regime. Hopefully there is enough personnel involved in drafting Podkolzin remaining to temper this common tendency.

• Vintage 1

Podkolzin + Milky should get it done and we get a top line forward and do not have to move Lindholm and then we are good 

Miller Petey Brock

Buchsy Lindy Hogz.  (talk about a dynamite 2nd line)

Joshua Bluegger Garland

Lafferty Suter Kessel 

PDG

that's SC forward group right there 

• MillerTime 1

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Can we throw in a discussion of that arch thingy in st Louis?

Maybe JR could persuade FA to reopen the Marble Arch on Richards 🤔

• ThereItIs 1