[Rumour] - Buchnevich linked to VAN

On 3/6/2024 at 5:19 AM, spook007 said:

That would be very exciting... price?

Asking price will probably be one of Lekkerimaki or Podkolzin and Alvin will predictably, and rightfully so, say no.

Rinse, lather, repeat.  Guentzel part deux.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we could get Buchnevich at 50% retained that would help us next year too.  That’s $2.9 million per for this year and next year.

Give Chicago Mikheyev to take it to 75% retained. :classic_smile:

• ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Asking price will probably be one of Lekkerimaki or Podkolzin and Alvin will predictably, and rightfully so, say no.

It shouldn't be... 

We see lots of wingers going for a 2nd and 4th round pick.  

Throw in Artur Silovs, 2025 2nd, and a late round 2024 pick and that should be enough. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

It shouldn't be... 

We see lots of wingers going for a 2nd and 4th round pick.  

Throw in Artur Silovs, 2025 2nd, and a late round 2024 pick and that should be enough. 

Silovs will be one of those prospects that is a no go.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Silovs will be one of those prospects that is a no go.

At some point you gotta let someone go... 

Willander, Hoglander, Lekkerimakki, D-Petey, Podkolzin.... That's 5 no-gos already. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Willander, Hoglander, Lekkerimakki, D-Petey, Podkolzin.... That's 5 no-gos already. 

and Vancouver is not desperate to make a deal.

They already have a deep, dangerous club.

They can be patient and pay a lesser cost to add a couple pieces of depth. 

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I'd argue they did that with Hunter Brustewiescz

• ThereItIs 2

On 3/5/2024 at 2:41 PM, HKSR said:

There's talks about flipping Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Guentzel.

Why not flip Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Buchnevich?  At least Buchnevich wouldn't be a rental.  At $5.8M this year and next, it'd give us even more options to add if we move Mikheyev as well.

To BOS

Lindholm

To VAN

Debrusk

Lysell

1st

then

To VAN

Buchnevich

To STL

Debrusk

Lysell

Klimovich or Mcdonough

1st

Then package Mikheyev++ for Pettersson or Graves out of PIT.

Buchnevich-Petey-Hoglander

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Graves-Zadorov (oof, this would be a nasty pair to play against)

Soucy-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

Very much like the idea of this if we lose on guentzel. I was thinking this exact thing except to add debrusk and Zucker. Buchnevich would be the best player though and like the idea of targeting a defenseman when trading mik ++ (I was also thinking of trading mik ++ except for Zucker) 

Tempting to load up forwards though with buchnevich and Zucker. 

Edited by cd1377

47 minutes ago, cd1377 said:

Very much like the idea of this if we lose on guentzel. I was thinking this exact thing except to add debrusk and Zucker. Buchnevich would be the best player though and like the idea of targeting a defenseman when trading mik ++ (I was also thinking of trading mik ++ except for Zucker) 

I just don't Zucker would be a big swing if we got Bushnevich.

Rather then Zucker I'd trade for Edmondson so we get another big D.

Bush and Edmondson we'd be as stacked as any team,but better then most with our D and goaltending.

52 minutes ago, cd1377 said:

I live in Boston and I would definitely not recommend getting DeBrusk.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

As much as I would like to Buchnevich suot up next to Petey, no way are we going to let go of neither Lekki or Willander. Pods and Hogs likely beither as we need their cap hits going forward. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

As much as I would like to Buchnevich suot up next to Petey, no way are we going to let go of neither Lekki or Willander. Pods and Hogs likely beither as we need their cap hits going forward. 

Only way I’d give up one of Lekki or Willander was if Lawson Crouse or Artem Zub was involved (ie. Great players at a great cap hit with great term).  

I’d probably give up both Lekki and Willander for Brady Tkachuk if we could make it work from a cap standpoint short term and long term).

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Only way I’d give up one of Lekki or Willander was if Lawson Crouse or Artem Zub was involved (ie. Great players at a great cap hit with great term).  

I’d probably give up both Lekki and Willander for Brady Tkachuk if we could make it work from a cap standpoint short term and long term).

It would be worth considering for sure...

My concern with giving up on Lekki and/or Willander is, we don't really have an influx's of ELCs with ability to cover or help us out, while OEL cap hits the hardest... No doubt the Tkachuk trade would be well worth it, if we, as you say, could make it work cap wise in particularly long term.

Brady Tkachuk on a line with Hogs and Petey... Drool... Our two top lines would be deadly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It would be worth considering for sure...

My concern with giving up on Lekki and/or Willander is, we don't really have an influx's of ELCs with ability to cover or help us out, while OEL cap hits the hardest... No doubt the Tkachuk trade would be well worth it, if we, as you say, could make it work cap wise in particularly long term.

Brady Tkachuk on a line with Hogs and Petey... Drool... Our two top lines would be deadly.

It's one reason why I've flirted with the idea (internally) about moving Mikheyev + one of Lekker or Willie for someone like Crouse.  We get a *significant* upgrade on Mikheyev but it doesn't really affect us from a cap perspective since Mikheyev and Crouse basically have the same term and money.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

It's one reason why I've flirted with the idea (internally) about moving Mikheyev + one of Lekker or Willie for someone like Crouse.  We get a *significant* upgrade on Mikheyev but it doesn't really affect us from a cap perspective since Mikheyev and Crouse basically have the same term and money.  

It would fit in well with the timeline going through the harder part of the cap penalty... He'll need resigned at the same time as Quinn so, we'll have him at least 2 years, before they have to think extension (money available) or trade... He'll be 28 at that time, so should still represent decent value...

Byt damn it'll hurt to let go of either of our two top prospects... Especially Willander, as we all know, how hard it is to get RHDs...

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It would fit in well with the timeline going through the harder part of the cap penalty... He'll need resigned at the same time as Quinn so, we'll have him at least 2 years, before they have to think extension (money available) or trade... He'll be 28 at that time, so should still represent decent value...

Byt damn it'll hurt to let go of either of our two top prospects... Especially Willander, as we all know, how hard it is to get RHDs...

You dont trade Willander and Lekiramaki for this kind of players.Not even Hogs or Pods.Picks and b crap yes

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Buchnevich at 50% retained is easily worth Podkolzin +.  Teams would pay more than that.

Adding a top line winger with term at a cheap cap hit would be massive.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:07 PM, HKSR said:

This all stemmed from the value in trade for Buchnevich.  If we're talking value, we're talking the 'gulf' in value = 'gulf' in production.  Your rationalization of a 40 point guy and a 70 point guy being similar value based on play alone is ludicrous. 

Unless your Gainey, Peca, Kesler ... nope. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

You dont trade Willander and Lekiramaki for this kind of players.Not even Hogs or Pods.Picks and b crap yes

It would hurt to trade either of our top 2 prospects, and I don't see it happening, as I said earlier, Willander is our future top 4 if not 2 rhd... they are not easy to get your hand on, which we know for sure, as we've paid dearly for average players...

But you got to look at everything... Podz will be in play, like it or loathe it, but he is 22 now... in a deal for Crouse, he will be considered...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'd argue they did that with Hunter Brustewiescz

They sure did.   Isn't as "sexy" as Willander, however he's obliterating the OHL.   If he did that his draft year,  he might have gone top 5-7th overall.   RHD's are unicorns.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1