[Rumour] - Buchnevich linked to VAN

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It would hurt to trade either of our top 2 prospects, and I don't see it happening, as I said earlier, Willander is our future top 4 if not 2 rhd... they are not easy to get your hand on, which we know for sure, as we've paid dearly for average players...

But you got to look at everything... Podz will be in play, like it or loathe it, but he is 22 now... in a deal for Crouse, he will be considered...

Some feel we already did trade our second best prospect.    Currently ranked 52,  Willander ranked 56, THN future watch.  Potato Potatoes really.  Wasn't the "sexy" prospect, under the radar without the draft pedigree, but he was right there with Willander this year.    Both RHDs, it's nice Allvin created this draft capital in the first place ... Woo was the entirety of the JB era RHD focus.   Stunning lack of foresight there.    They are tough to find.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Buch would be a great consolation over Guentz if it means keeping our top three prospects and getting him at 50% this and next season. That at least gives us more fiscal security over worrying about re-signing a rental at a way higher rate and would likely allow us to extend Dak and Bleugs. I would be willing to do something like:

Podz, Raty, 2nd 2025 > Buch

Miky, Silovs, 2025 3rd to CHI for salary purposes (CHI could use a good young tendy and I think Topo is starting to outplay Silovs so sell high now).

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

They sure did.   Isn't as "sexy" as Willander, however he's obliterating the OHL.   If he did that his draft year,  he might have gone top 5-7th overall.   RHD's are unicorns.  

HB isn’t an NHLer. We gave up nothing with him and Jurmo. The high cost in that trade was the first and third it cost to dumperoo two years of Cruise Missile, which we had have to pay to any club that took him on. Lindholm came for free. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

HB isn’t an NHLer. We gave up nothing with him and Jurmo. The high cost in that trade was the first and third it cost to dumperoo two years of Cruise Missile, which we had have to pay to any club that took him on. Lindholm came for free. 

Kuzy banana just wasn't going to fit here. Apparently Bali isn't a good NHL training centre, who knew?

People are being weird about Lindholm, I don't know what is behind that. We have a massive homestand coming up where the team can finally practice and gel.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Some feel we already did trade our second best prospect.    Currently ranked 52,  Willander ranked 56, THN future watch.  Potato Potatoes really.  Wasn't the "sexy" prospect, under the radar without the draft pedigree, but he was right there with Willander this year.    Both RHDs, it's nice Allvin created this draft capital in the first place ... Woo was the entirety of the JB era RHD focus.   Stunning lack of foresight there.    They are tough to find.  

That is it... 

While we want RHDs, brilliant drafting gave them trade capital... 

To be fair atm Lindholm hasn't taken the world by storm since his arrival, however drafting this well in the lower rounds gave them the freedom to use some of the prospects in deals... JR said him self a few months ago they had too many prospects, so they wouldn't worry about the prospect further down the line...

I do however believe it would take a lot to move (almost unmovable) our two top prospects... our future rhd and likely top line winger are hot commodities and needed to keep the cap under control the next 4-5 years... 

And yes, Woo was my favourite prospect when drafted, but while he didn't really take the final step, Benning should have drafted more Ds and rhds in particular... especially being dman himself you'd have thought he knew the value of RHDs.... Best guess is, he felt Dmen took too long to mature, and he was on a strict timeline to make the team competitive again.... FA were part of the problem as well...

This is why the job done by JR is so impressive. Not only are we competitive but we are having good prospect in the system... the future is bright.

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Kuzy banana just wasn't going to fit here. Apparently Bali isn't a good NHL training centre, who knew?

People are being weird about Lindholm, I don't know what is behind that. We have a massive homestand coming up where the team can finally practice and gel.

Yup. Cruise Missile can float around with Huberdough and play only one side of the puck with no pressure to win. They can eat bananas and drink Pepsi on the bench. Zero pressure brings that out in some players, and it’s definitely not guys a club wins with. Bustowitz and Jurmo were later round picks for good reason. One is small, slow, and will never play defensively. The other has all the physical gifts but is a dough head. 

• ThereItIs 2

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

They sure did.   Isn't as "sexy" as Willander, however he's obliterating the OHL.   If he did that his draft year,  he might have gone top 5-7th overall.   RHD's are unicorns.  

Exactly. This is why I was quite skeptical at the time of the trade, Hunter B is killing it and deadline deals seem to seldom be worth the cost. Hopefully Lindholm turns it around but as of now, it's looking like we gifted Calgary some top assets. IMO the deal was mistimed given where this team is at.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Exactly. This is why I was quite skeptical at the time of the trade, Hunter B is killing it and deadline deals seem to seldom be worth the cost. Hopefully Lindholm turns it around but as of now, it's looking like we gifted Calgary some top assets. IMO the deal was mistimed given where this team is at.

At the time, Lindholm was considered the best rental of the bunch.   So the cost was always going to be high.     Didn't have any issue with the team trading their first, started bringing that up in November as something they seriously need to consider to give this team a chance with what is likely our best cap window this year and next.    Was hoping for something a little different, but can't fault them for going for it either.   It's too early yet.   Losing Hunter was tougher than the first and everything else, but it's the cost of business.   Lindholm absolutely matches up with the cost of Horvat last year to the NYI.     Our first is late, CAL got a better prospect.   NYI got a higher first.   Kuzmenko's cap hit next year is something that's hard to gauge.    

Given where this team is at.   We will have two shots at it, this year and next.   Then an OEL thing hanging over our heads.  I'm not even sure how they will manage next season yet.   We've got four cracks at it.    Then a lull.   Re-tooling period, or possibly scortched Earth, in that case, 3 cracks at it.    Makes a lot of sense to trade for someone.   Maybe the wrong guy.   Won't know until all the dust settles.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Blues Vs. Devils today. 
Both teams just outside of the playoffs. 
I think whichever team loses today trades their guy in the morning.

Buchnevich vs. Toffoli

toffoli sitting tonight too

7 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Blues Vs. Devils today. 
Both teams just outside of the playoffs. 
I think whichever team loses today trades their guy in the morning.

Buchnevich vs. Toffoli

It’s weird. But how come there’s not a ton of noise around Buchnevich? 

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

At the time, Lindholm was considered the best rental of the bunch.   So the cost was always going to be high.     Didn't have any issue with the team trading their first, started bringing that up in November as something they seriously need to consider to give this team a chance with what is likely our best cap window this year and next.    Was hoping for something a little different, but can't fault them for going for it either.   It's too early yet.   Losing Hunter was tougher than the first and everything else, but it's the cost of business.   Lindholm absolutely matches up with the cost of Horvat last year to the NYI.     Our first is late, CAL got a better prospect.   NYI got a higher first.   Kuzmenko's cap hit next year is something that's hard to gauge.    

Given where this team is at.   We will have two shots at it, this year and next.   Then an OEL thing hanging over our heads.  I'm not even sure how they will manage next season yet.   We've got four cracks at it.    Then a lull.   Re-tooling period, or possibly scortched Earth, in that case, 3 cracks at it.    Makes a lot of sense to trade for someone.   Maybe the wrong guy.   Won't know until all the dust settles.  

Thing is we need to make this sustainable for the franchise. If the Canucks get into losing seasons. I don’t think Petey will stay around. We basically need to do what Vegas has done every single year since their existence. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Thing is we need to make this sustainable for the franchise. If the Canucks get into losing seasons. I don’t think Petey will stay around. We basically need to do what Vegas has done every single year since their existence. 

Didn’t Petey just sign an 8 year deal? 

• Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Pinot Noir said:

Buchnevich is the perfect player for Vancouver. 28 yo, skilled, big body, scores consistently and can be extended to a reasonably priced contract terms which fits our teams age structure 

taj, dhaliwal, friedge, Weekes, dregger "insert name here... will not be cheap," duhhhh

We need a #2 line mate for Petey. someone that can be counted on. It will cost a couple of assets to get him here but at 50% retention a Podkolzin+ 2nd is a fair price to pay. 

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

taj, dhaliwal, friedge, Weekes, dregger "insert name here... will not be cheap," duhhhh

if we end up making a move I hope it’s a player of Buchnevich profile cause it’ll help short and longterm. 

9 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Isn't Lindholm like 58% in the dot since coming here too? I don't get the hate. He scored 2 goals twice, yeah he can be better but he's trapped on the third line with a mix of talent. I don't get why we don't load up the top six and he would produce more. I think he will gel with team too bud! 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Isn't Lindholm like 58% in the dot since coming here too? I don't get the hate. He scored 2 goals twice, yeah he can be better but he's trapped on the third line with a mix of talent. I don't get why we don't load up the top six and he would produce more. I think he will gel with team too bud! 

Yep the 9 game home stand will be huge for team cohesion.

• Upvote 1