then

To VAN

Buchnevich

To STL

Debrusk

Lysell

Klimovich or Mcdonough

1st

seems like a major overpayment for PB.  He’s good but not that good.  Arguably him and Debrusk are comparable players.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

How could he not be?

LH bumper spot Pp guy

top unit pker 

2 way scoring winger

he would fit very well stylistically with Petey I think.

i would be curious to try:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Buchnevich-Petey-Podkolzin

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

PDG/Aman-Blueger-Lafferty

but I don’t know what we could trade for him.

Mikehyev a first and a prospect? Maybe had rights to mason raymond

Yeah, I know he produces offence. I haven’t seen him play a lot, so I wasn’t sure about his play away from the puck.

1 minute ago, AngryGoose said:

seems like a major overpayment for PB.  He’s good but not that good.  Arguably him and Debrusk are comparable players.

No way man.  No disrespect at all, but Debrusk and Buchnevich are not close at all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

Yeah, I know he produces offence. I haven’t seen him play a lot, so I wasn’t sure about his play away from the puck.

He’s very strong both sides of the puck and top unit special teams player including PK time he’s an ideal winger for petey on paper

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

There's talks about flipping Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Guentzel.

Why not flip Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Buchnevich?  At least Buchnevich wouldn't be a rental.  At $5.8M this year and next, it'd give us even more options to add if we move Mikheyev as well.

To BOS

Lindholm

To VAN

Debrusk

Lysell

1st

then

To VAN

Buchnevich

To STL

Debrusk

Lysell

Klimovich or Mcdonough

1st

Then package Mikheyev++ for Pettersson or Graves out of PIT.

Buchnevich-Petey-Hoglander

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Graves-Zadorov (oof, this would be a nasty pair to play against)

Soucy-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

I believe Boston would need to also shed another $850k in cap to take on Lindholm.

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

There's talks about flipping Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Guentzel.

Why not flip Lindholm to BOS for assets to acquire Buchnevich?  At least Buchnevich wouldn't be a rental.  At $5.8M this year and next, it'd give us even more options to add if we move Mikheyev as well.

To BOS

Lindholm

To VAN

Debrusk

Lysell

1st

then

To VAN

Buchnevich

To STL

Debrusk

Lysell

Klimovich or Mcdonough

1st

Then package Mikheyev++ for Pettersson or Graves out of PIT.

Buchnevich-Petey-Hoglander

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Graves-Zadorov (oof, this would be a nasty pair to play against)

Soucy-Myers

Cole-Juulsen

I would definetely do something like this. I actually think Buch is a better fit than Lindholm and easier to fit into our cap structure. The way I see it is even if we did trade some assets for buch we could probably use his for a cup run this year and next and sell him for this same price or maybe even more after playing with Petey and possible increasing his numbers. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No way man.  No disrespect at all, but Debrusk and Buchnevich are not close at all. 

They are both scoring wingers.  Buch has been more productive but in terms of how they play I dont see a huge gulf btw them.  

Someone like Barbashev is someone I thought brings a more dynamic type of play with his physicality/recklessness. 

7 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

They are both scoring wingers.  Buch has been more productive but in terms of how they play I dont see a huge gulf btw them.  

Someone like Barbashev is someone I thought brings a more dynamic type of play with his physicality/recklessness. 

That's the extent of how you're concluding Buchnevich and Debrusk are comparable?

Yes, they're both scoring wingers, but that's a pretty generalized statement.

Debrusk averages about 40 points a season (with his one outlier last year of 50 points).

Buchnevich averages about 70 points a season.

How is that remotely comparable?

19 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Definitely a monster overpayment from BOS for Lindholm too. I like the idea of flipping him to reacquire assets, but the second we try to do that, there's no way we're getting back what we paid for him.

Thats basically asking BOS to pay two 1st's and a top 9 player for one rental who is currently performing like a top 9 player. 

I doubt BOS would even do

to BOS

Lindholm

to Van

Debrusk

2025 1st

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, R3aL said:

How could he not be?

LH bumper spot Pp guy

top unit pker 

2 way scoring winger

he would fit very well stylistically with Petey I think.

i would be curious to try:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Buchnevich-Petey-Podkolzin

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland

PDG/Aman-Blueger-Lafferty

but I don’t know what we could trade for him.

Mikehyev a first and a prospect? Maybe had rights to mason raymond

Poor Puis doesn’t get to play no more…

Just now, HKSR said:

That's the extent of how you're concluding Buchnevich and Debrusk are comparable?

Yes, they're both scoring wingers, but that's a pretty generalized statement.

Debrusk averages about 40 points a season (with his one outlier last year of 50 points).

Buchnevich averages about 70 points a season.

How is that remotely comparable?

In terms of how they play.  Ive watched both a bunch.  Boeser is also a scoring winger.  Dont focus in counting stats.  

You could even make the argument Debrusk might be a similar or even better playoff performer. 

Just now, AngryGoose said:

In terms of how they play.  Ive watched both a bunch.  Boeser is also a scoring winger.  Dont focus in counting stats.  

You could even make the argument Debrusk might be a similar or even better playoff performer. 

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure stats are pretty important when it comes to determining the value of a player....

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure stats are pretty important when it comes to determining the value of a player....

and thats how u get hosed in a trade

and thats how u get hosed in a trade

What the heck are you talking about lmao...

Buchnevich scores 70 points a season.

Debrusk scores 40 points a season.

You think a team would value Debrusk about the same as Buchnevich because they kinda play the same style???  Oh boy.... this is a lost cause.

33 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

How do you know for overpayment?We didnot trade for him yet

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

But stats are very deceiving and need to be looked at objectively.

the three statements below are true, but which one do you pick to decide what the player is?

Lindholm is a proven 40 goal scorer 

BUT

Lindholm in 2023/24 is on pace for 58 points

BUT

Lindholm with the canucks is only on pace for a 35 point season (4g 2a in 14 games)

If you just pick the first stat and decide he is a 40 goal scorer with an 82pt season under his belt, then you are massively over projecting.

Stats are important, but stats only tell the story the way they are written in a snapshot in time. 

Just now, HKSR said:

What the heck are you talking about lmao...

Buchnevich scores 70 points a season.

Debrusk scores 40 points a season.

You think a team would value Debrusk about the same as Buchnevich because they kinda play the same style???  Oh boy.... this is a lost cause.

No you arnt understanding it.  Why pay massively for Buch (if the ask is high) when by your own trade proposal you already have something similar in Debrusk?  Like I said, I dont see a huge gulf in terms of play btw them.  Maybe you need to watch both play more.  

Just now, JayDangles said:

But stats are very deceiving and need to be looked at objectively.

the three statements below are true, but which one do you pick to decide what the player is?

Lindholm is a proven 40 goal scorer 

BUT

Lindholm in 2023/24 is on pace for 58 points

BUT

Lindholm with the canucks is only on pace for a 35 point season (4g 2a in 14 games)

If you just pick the first stat and decide he is a 40 goal scorer with an 82pt season under his belt, then you are massively over projecting.

Stats are important, but stats only tell the story the way they are written in a snapshot in time. 

Yeah, that's fine, but I'm going with the overall body of work.  Buchnevich has proven consistently what he's capable of.  Even in this 'down' year, he's on pace for 66 points.  Debrusk is on pace for 39 points. 

Am I seriously the only one here that thinks this is nuts?  That someone is actually insinuating that Debrusk and Buchnevich are comparable in terms of value?? 

image.gif.5f5cccae9d12c283b76b340a2adf9c1f.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AngryGoose said:

No you arnt understanding it.  Why pay massively for Buch (if the ask is high) when by your own trade proposal you already have something similar in Debrusk?  Like I said, I dont see a huge gulf in terms of play btw them.  Maybe you need to watch both play more.  

Goldobin and Kaprizov play a similar style...  must be comparable in value.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

What that has to do with trade.?We dont trade we gossip.JR and Alvin do that kind of job

its literally just hypothetical trade discussion in a Canucks Fan forum.  How is that difficult to understand?

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Goldobin and Kaprizov play a similar style...  must be comparable in value.

You still arnt getting it but whatever floats your boat

You still arnt getting it but whatever floats your boat

Just going off of your approach.

Ignore points, look at play style ... if play style similar = player comparable regardless of how big a difference in production.  Therefore, value is similar.

Debrusk = Buchnevich.

Goldobin = Kaprizov.