[Rumour] - Buchnevich linked to VAN

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Blues ask is supposedly two 1sts, prospects are alright too

I'd rather not

two 1sts? 

Hard pass. 

Maybe Savard as depth defenseman from Montréal, and Toffoli, if the asking price isn't too high. 

• Cheers 3

The blues fans are delusional on the hfbuch trade thread asking for a 1st and willander lmao. A possible top 4 D for many years and a 1st for 2 years of a good winger who has 48 points so far this  year?

No.

I would like buch but it would have to be for much less than that. I prefer Van does nothing than some stupid trade like that.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I get it, ask high, but I dunno if they'd come down much

We've already moved out one 1st, I'd really prefer not move out another let alone something equivalent to one on top

I have the feeling that the asking prices this trade deadline are just too much. We've spent a considerable amount on Lindholm, who hasn't exactly worked out, granted it's only been 15-16 games. But still. We have no more assets to burn. I mean, we do, and we could, but that would leave us in an even worse scenario next year when the roster doesn't look like it's going to be as strong as this one this season. What then? 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I have the feeling that the asking prices this trade deadline are just too much. We've spent a considerable amount on Lindholm, who hasn't exactly worked out, granted it's only been 15-16 games. But still. We have no more assets to burn. I mean, we do, and we could, but that would leave us in an even worse scenario next year when the roster doesn't look like it's going to be as strong as this one this season. What then? 

other teams are happy with their second line getting 50-60 points lol.

We are in a different enviornment. Relax everyone we need nothing

56 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Is it just me or does trading for Toffoli sound like a sequel???

Well in part one we did pretty good in the playoffs. 
part 2 the return of tofu cup or bust! 

this time it’s personal 

Edited by Combover
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

What is your definition of not working out? Strength down the middle is huge for this team, we had no 3rd line centre that can also play second line minutes in case of injury. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Media keeps saying the prices are high, but the return just confirmed for Guentzel and it's not what I thought at all...

Buchnevich might just stay put since Blues don't have to trade him this year. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

two 1sts? 

Hard pass. 

Maybe Savard as depth defenseman from Montréal, and Toffoli, if the asking price isn't too high. 

Of the players available, this is who I want to see. But a second and a prospect should be sufficient.

Thing is the realistic window for this team is the next 3 years, including this playoff run. 

If the Blues would take Mik and our 2025 first for Buch with some $$$ retained, I would totally do that.

So many options then…like even trying out the lotto line again

Petey-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Lindholm-Buch

30 minutes ago, YourTimeisNow said:

Thing is the realistic window for this team is the next 3 years, including this playoff run. 

If the Blues would take Mik and our 2025 first for Buch with some $$$ retained, I would totally do that.

So many options then…like even trying out the lotto line again

Petey-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Lindholm-Buch

Mik has worked his ass off all year recovering from his ACL. Guy has been snake bitten on goals, but solid on every other front all year. In the last couple games, he seems to be getting that next gear back; it is only a matter of time before he starts potting a few goals.

For me, I’d pay to retain on Buch or Toff and keep Mik; he’ll be VERY useful in the playoffs scoring or not. Then, see where we are at in the summer with our resignings. If he has a good playoff he’d be a positive asset for a trade too.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Pinot Noir said:

What is your definition of not working out? Strength down the middle is huge for this team, we had no 3rd line centre that can also play second line minutes in case of injury. 

I suppose. Just wondering if our top six is enough to go deep this season. 

28 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

I like Buchnevich

to me the guy to move out is Mikheyev. Add a 2025 1st and a prospect like Mcdonnough 

Hoglander Pettersson Suter

Buchnevich Miller Boeser 

Joshua Lindholm Garland

Podkolzin Blueger Lafferty 

Mik will come through in the playoffs...I have faith he will be full speed by then, especially with the off days over the next month

• MillerTime 1

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I suppose. Just wondering if our top six is enough to go deep this season. 

Fair thing to ponder. Cherry on top would be getting someone like buchnevic to bolster the top 6. But we’d achieve nothing by moving out EL at the same time. 

9 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Lindholm is good.Not flashy but stable presence.Give a little more time.

Guy is a super solid player, and playing exactly as he has done most of his career; great 200’ game, crazy good on FOs, and helps to generate offensively chances. Guy isn’t a goal scorer…he is however a complete player that will dominate in POs. I think the DJ-Lind-Garland line is going to absolutely deadly.

The great news is that maybe his salary hype will die off a bit. I think 6m/4-5y would get it done if he likes it here. Man, wouldn’t it be golden to have our top 3 C locked in for the next 4-5 years!

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rypien-Punch said:

I like Buchnevich

to me the guy to move out is Mikheyev. Add a 2025 1st and a prospect like Mcdonnough 

Buchnevich Miller Boeser 

Joshua Lindholm Garland

Mik to my eye played pretty well tonight against Vegas. He forechecked well, it seemed at least to me. But yeah, he can't score, and just doesn't have confidence to play the puck (have it on his stick). We'd have to pay another team like the Blues to take him on. Unfortunately, I don't see us getting Buchnevich either, especially if we're asking the Blues to retain on salary. 

1 hour ago, Pinot Noir said:

Fair thing to ponder. Cherry on top would be getting someone like buchnevic to bolster the top 6. But we’d achieve nothing by moving out EL at the same time. 

Cherry on top to get Buchnevich? Would definitely make us stronger for sure, and a sort of reward for the players on the roster. I can't imagine how much of a boost a trade announcement tomorrow would do for them. They're already riding high with a three game winning streak, just swept the road trip, coming home, it's a good time to add, without depleting the farm. 

57 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Guy is a super solid player, and playing exactly as he has done most of his career; great 200’ game, crazy good on FOs, and helps to generate offensively chances. Guy isn’t a goal scorer…he is however a complete player that will dominate in POs. I think the DJ-Lind-Garland line is going to absolutely deadly.

The great news is that maybe his salary hype will die off a bit. I think 6m/4-5y would get it done if he likes it here. Man, wouldn’t it be golden to have our top 3 C locked in for the next 4-5 years!

Rumor is that contract negotiations are dead with management. Which is unfortunate. I hope he signs with the club. He seems to be a really good add. Right handed centreman, can score goals, and really good on FO's. He's golden. He also wouldn't have the same kinds of pressures to produce offensively as Petey, Miller, Brock, etc. Can just focus on his game. 

2 hours ago, Rypien-Punch said:

I like Buchnevich

Buchnevich Miller Boeser 

Joshua Lindholm Garland

STL want 2 first rounders or equivalent for him. They won't get that but that's the ask. 

He's signed thru next year so that's a good thing. But cap hit is $5.8 mill. At that price STL will have to eat some of that salary. 

So the prospect is going to be have to be better than McDonough + a 1st 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Isn't Lindholm like 58% in the dot since coming here too? I don't get the hate. He scored 2 goals twice, yeah he can be better but he's trapped on the third line with a mix of talent. I don't get why we don't load up the top six and he would produce more. I think he will gel with team too bud! 

Once Joshua is back, it's going to create a different vibe.   That said, it's perfectly ok to go 3c's deep like this as well.    Instead of looking at this like Lindholm is a top six C/W, look at it like he's here for depth.    God forbid if either JT Miller or EP goes down in the playoffs.    Lindholm helps with that.     He also helps bump Aman out of the lineup.     Which means we have one less fringe/AHLer on the team.   To me it means, we have a full compliment of legit NHL talent in the forward group.   Something you won't find on many teams.    Hardly any team really, can say that about their forward group.   

Every key metric right now, we can tick off the boxes.   Our D core is finally, back to Canucks hockey again.   Make them pay if they enter the zone, plus QHs who's become something extra, extra special.     Center depth?   Well that starts with JT Miller, and ends with Suter now.  Both Suter and Bluegar are very good 4C's.    You want guys who can move up as needed.    Not the other way around, which was the JB era, guys who had to move up to cover a spot they could barely handle.   We don't have a Stetcher, Hutton or Del Zotto in the top four anymore.    And don't have Edler and Tanev trying to do it all and getting injured constantly given the workload.    

As for Lindholm.    Yet another guy trying to get EP going.    That could be one way to look at it.  OR, we could look at it that he's the 3C we have been missing all season.    Despite Bluegar doing his part.     

There isn't much left to do this TDL other then maybe finding a mean SOB,  that can actually play the game and help the bottom six.   That's about it.    We don't need another D.    7 deep, and a trove of 7's waiting on the sidelines. 

Mayne the only thing to consider, is a 3rd string NHL goalie.    And a tough balls to the walls winger.    To bump Lafferty?   

If we had to tick boxes, it's like Brayden Point said after we beat them, "they have a championship caliber team" paraphrased - as in we have it all where it matters the most. 

Lindholm made us better.   On paper anyways.  

Strength down the middle?   Big check mark.

Defense?  Pretty sure QHs and Hronek are still considered the best pairing this year.    And finally Myers isn't our big guy.  

Size?   Good enough.

Goaltending?   Big check mark there too. 

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

One way to look at it, the better the Canucks do, the more support guys stock will go up.   That's how to flip assets, and continue to do well.   CHI was constantly doing this.   Their first cup, that team,  was a lot different than their last cup team.   Byfuglien.   Then it was Bolland and others.    Hopefully,  Allvin can create the same sort of buzz.   And use that capital wisely.    We shouldn't be too concerned about this stuff until the off season.    Who knows, maybe we win the cup.   Or maybe we have some playoff hero's but fall short.   Those hero's, if under contract (Garland? Juulsen? Mikheyev)  can be flipped for replacements, rinse and repeat.   Hope we just win a cup.   

Edit:  As far as Lindholm goes, he was the most coveted prize until Crosby's name came up.   As in his own tier.    What would Crosby cost Vancouver, for this year and next?     Too much.   That said ... if it means just one Cup.   You do it every time. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1