Kuzy

Brzustewicz

Jurmo

1st

4th

For

Guentzel

Hefty price to pay.

Don’t forget Lindholm too in the out category. Beyond moronic. 

Personally I'd do this if they resign guentzel. Lindholm hasn't been a great fit and I think they can resign guentzel now that Petey has resigned. Trade would essentially be (maybe) 

Kuzmenko

1st 

Hunter B. 

Jurmo 

4th

Podkolzin 

Bains 

For guentzel 

Won't speculate on what bruins give up but this is what I think the Canucks end up giving up which is what's relevant to us. 

Seems like a lot, but ultimately jurmo, and the 4th aren't much to me, and won't make a difference probably in our contention window. Kuzmenko was struggling and we cleared 5.5 million and upgrade him to guentzel. We give up hunter B and a first + podkolzin and bains, but in the end we keep hoglander, willander, lekkermaki, and still have raty on the ahl + d Petey. 

Few of these players except bains and podkolzin would give much impact during our cup window which is opening but guentzel could be a huge difference maker especially given his playoff stats. We would still have enough assets and young players to improve from within (aforementioned hoglander, willander, lekkermaki, raty, d-petey) who are all more likely to contribute over the next few year during our window on good contracts then what we gave up would be, still have our first round pick next year, and we get guentzel to solidify the core for the future years. Gotta give to get and I'd be okay with it. High cost, but it would pay dividends I think and we still have a future. 

Also to those speculating this is made up, I was thinking of flipping Lindholm for guentzel so the thought had occured to me at least. Not to mention the connection with Pittsburgh, the fact we clearly want guentzel, and that bruins have wanted Lindholm + multiple people reporting this makes me think it's obviously a true rumour whether it comes to fruition or not. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, cd1377 said:

Personally I'd do this if they resign guentzel. Lindholm hasn't been a great fit and I think they can resign guentzel now that Petey has resigned. Trade would essentially be (maybe) 

Kuzmenko

1st 

Hunter B. 

Jurmo 

4th

Podkolzin 

Bains 

For guentzel 

Won't speculate on what bruins give up but this is what I think the Canucks end up giving up which is what's relevant to us. 

Seems like a lot, but ultimately jurmo, and the 4th aren't much to me, and won't make a difference probably in our contention window. Kuzmenko was struggling and we cleared 5.5 million and upgrade him to guentzel. We give up hunter B and a first + podkolzin and bains, but in the end we keep hoglander, willander, lekkermaki, and still have raty on the ahl + d Petey. 

Few of these players except bains and podkolzin would give much impact during our cup window which is opening but guentzel could be a huge difference maker especially given his playoff stats. We would still have enough assets and young players to improve from within (aforementioned hoglander, willander, lekkermaki, raty, d-petey) who are all more likely to contribute over the next few year during our window on good contracts then what we gave up would be, still have our first round pick next year, and we get guentzel to solidify the core for the future years. Gotta give to get and I'd be okay with it. High cost, but it would pay dividends I think and we still have a future. 

I would pay that if Guentzel signs an extension. Our window is opening now. We will get more prospects. I love pods but Guentzel will give us some real shots at cup wins.

Just now, Rush said:

I would pay that if Guentzel signs an extension. Our window is opening now. We will get more prospects. I love pods but Guentzel will give us some real shots at cup wins.

Agreed.

40 minutes ago, cd1377 said:

Also to those speculating this is made up, I was thinking of flipping Lindholm for guentzel so the thought had occured to me at least. Not to mention the connection with Pittsburgh, the fact we clearly want guentzel, and that bruins have wanted Lindholm + multiple people reporting this makes me think it's obviously a true rumour whether it comes to fruition or not. 

Chris Johnston doesn't usually post bunk. He apparently has a pretty good rep (I believe anyway). That’s the strongest reason right now why this speculation has any legs at all, imho 

As a lot have said, not interested in moving Podz or Hogz along with Lekk. I'd rather the team had made that trade with the Caps for Mantha at 50% than moving Lindholm plus any of the mentioned players. 

I'm afraid now though that Vegas got Mantha that most likely means they are out on Guentzel and the Nucks are the favs to land him. I really hope I don't like what we are moving out. If it's Raty I could accept that but any of the other four.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

The more I hear about this the dumber it sounds 

I don’t like it all. I don’t think the solution to winning a cup is always targeting Penguins lol 

• Cheers 1

Here's what I'm thinking:      

-IF the Canucks are willing to trade for Guentzel, and

-IF the Canucks fully intend to have BOTH Guentzel and Boeser here for the long term (i.e. signing Guentzel right away + signing Boeser when his deal expires)

-Then using Lekkerimaki as a trading chip would make sense.     

-Personally speaking?  I think trading for Guentzel has too much risk associated with it since he's a UFA at season's end, and we've already given up a number of assets.  

-All we (the media) are doing with these constant trade rumours is making our current players feel nervous and unwelcome.   

-Lindholm is excellent at Face-offs and is one of the best defensive players in the league and we want to move on from this guy?  Really?   How about actually using him in the correct manner?  I still say it even now - Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter as a line would be one of the best shut down lines in all of hockey.  Get this line to take on tough defensive assignments and free up more offensive deployment for the Lotto Line and Bluegar/Garland line (when Joshua comes back).  Hoglander continues to dominate on the 4th line.  If someone from the Lotto line gets injured, Lindholm moves to the top line + Hoglander moves up to the Bluegar/Garland line.   

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

-IF the Canucks fully intend to have BOTH Guentzel and Boeser here for the long term (i.e. signing Guentzel right away + signing Boeser when his deal expires)

-Personally speaking?  I think trading for Guentzel has too much risk associated with it since he's a UFA at season's end, and we've already given up a number of assets.  

-All we (the media) are doing with these constant trade rumours is making our current players feel nervous and unwelcome.   

-Lindholm is excellent at Face-offs and is one of the best defensive players in the league and we want to move on from this guy?  Really?   How about actually using him in the correct manner?  I still say it even now - Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter as a line would be one of the best shut down lines in all of hockey.  Get this line to take on tough defensive assignments and free up more offensive deployment for the Lotto Line and Bluegar/Garland line (when Joshua comes back).  Hoglander continues to dominate on the 4th line.  If someone from the Lotto line gets injured, Lindholm moves to the top line + Hoglander moves up to the Bluegar/Garland line.   

And how much are you paying Lindholm to extend with the Nux?

34 minutes ago, RWJC said:

And how much are you paying Lindholm to extend with the Nux?

How much would you be paying Guentzel?  

For me personally?  I don't trade for Guentzel and I walk from Lindholm at the end of the season (Lindholm being our version of 2020 Toffoli).  

Walk from Myers and Cole, + sign all of Bluegar, Hronek, Joshua, DeSmith, etc. to long term extensions.  

Preserve our newly built depth on the farm and look for ways to slowly bring in Hirose, Podkolzin, Lekkerimaki, and Raty into our line-up.  Willander as well.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

it doesn't matter if lindholm is excellent at faceoff or good defensively.. our 3rd line of bluegar garland and joshua did just fine when healthy.. if lindholm is not producing and not playing in the top 6.. canucks doesn't have the depth to be paying 14.55mil for 3 players to play in the bottom 6. 14.55mil is more than some teams top line in this league.. so when joshua is healthy.. you have lotto line with PDG? joshua bluegar garland.. mikeheyv lindholm suter.. who the hell is playing with EP? hoglander and laffety?? pdg and laffety in your top 6?? while we have almost 15mil in the bottom 6?? heck the mikheyev lindholm suter line cost more than the EP line with hoglander and laffety and we wonder why EP struggles at times.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RWJC said:

If this comes to fruition we’re possibly looking at:

Podkolzin 

Kuzy

Brzustewicz

Jurmo

1st

4th

For

Guentzel

Hefty price to pay.

This is why Vancouver should have just kept Dickinson 🤪

seems like Dickinson > Lindholm at this point

Edited by iinatcc

56 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

it doesn't matter if lindholm is excellent at faceoff or good defensively.. our 3rd line of bluegar garland and joshua did just fine when healthy.. if lindholm is not producing and not playing in the top 6.. canucks doesn't have the depth to be paying 14.55mil for 3 players to play in the bottom 6. 14.55mil is more than some teams top line in this league.. so when joshua is healthy.. you have lotto line with PDG? joshua bluegar garland.. mikeheyv lindholm suter.. who the hell is playing with EP? hoglander and laffety?? pdg and laffety in your top 6?? while we have almost 15mil in the bottom 6?? heck the mikheyev lindholm suter line cost more than the EP line with hoglander and laffety and we wonder why EP struggles at times.

I agree with everything that you just said.  My Lindholm argument (ie put Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter together) is for this season and this season alone.  After this season, I think we should move on from Lindholm regardless (he basically becomes our 2020 Toffoli).

Also, under my above scenario, I’d reunite the Lotto line while putting Podkolzin with Bluegar/Garland until Joshua returns.

At the end of season, move on from Lindholm, Myers, and Cole.  Sign Hronek, Bluegar, Joshua, and DeSmith to long term deals (I’m not sure if Silovs is ready). Find a pathway to elevate Podkolzin, Raty, and Hirose into the line-up next season if they are ready.  Ditto for Lekkerimaki.  

I don’t like the idea of trading for Guentzel and I don’t like the idea of extending Lindholm.

For this season and this season alone, make Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter a shut down line, and let the Lotto line and Bluegar/Garland be responsible for our secondary scoring.  Let Hoglander continue to chip in goals from the 4th line.

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

1 minute ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I agree with everything that you just said.  My Lindholm argument (ie put Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter together) is for this season and this season alone.  After this season, I think we should move on from Lindholm regardless (he basically becomes our 2020 Toffoli).

Also, under my above scenario, I’d reunite the Lotto line while putting Podkolzin with Bluegar/Garland until Joshua returns.

At the end of season, move on from Lindholm, Myers, and Cole.  Sign Hronek, Bluegar, Joshua, and DeSmith to long term deals (I’m not sure if Silovs is ready). Find a pathway to elevate Podkolzin, Raty, and Hirose into the line-up next season if they are ready.  Ditto for Lekkerimaki.  

I don’t like the idea of trading for Guentzel and I don’t like the idea of extending Lindholm.

For this season and this season alone, make Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter a shut down line, and let the Lotto line and Bluegar/Garland be responsible for our secondary scoring.  Let Hoglander continue to chip in goals from the 4th line.

if we move all those asset for lindholm and then walk from it.. i rather just add a podz or something assuming they re-sign guentzel so we ain't walking away empty handed. we gave up way too much and say we get bounced in the first round and then lindholm walk.. it's kinda diasterous asset management wise

1 hour ago, chris12345 said:

I'm the only human being alive that finds swift unattractive.

I think she’s “ok” but definitely not hot. I wouldn’t label her as unattractive however.  She’s more Brock Boeser calibre as opposed to a Connor McDavid or Nathan Mackinnon.