[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

if we move all those asset for lindholm and then walk from it.. i rather just add a podz or something assuming they re-sign guentzel so we ain't walking away empty handed. we gave up way too much and say we get bounced in the first round and then lindholm walk.. it's kinda diasterous asset management wise

Perhaps management has a different view but I’m not seeing a cup winner with this team even with Guentzel.  I absolutely can’t see us getting by Vegas or the Oilers in the 2nd round, or a Winnipeg/Colorado in the 3rd round.  Even our first round will go 6-7 games imo with a realistic possibility of us being bounced. I know fans won’t like what I just said, and I’ll gladly eat Ryan Reaves poo if I’m wrong, but it’s just how I see it.  This team is fucked if any one of Miller, Hughes, or Demko go down with injury.  

IF we do Lindholm/Podz for Guentzel (signed before he arrives?) then I’d somewhat be on board with this, but we’ll have basically given up Podz, Hunter, Jurmo, and a 2024 1st all for Guentzel (29 years old……and will be looking for a long term deal).

I know Podkolzin has been slow in his development but I think there’s something there with him.  With OEL’s cap hit going to hit its peak over these next few years, we could use Podkolzin’s ELC.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

This is why Vancouver should have just kept Dickinson 🤪

seems like Dickinson > Lindholm at this point

Lindholm is a good player - we just haven’t been using him in the correct manner imo.  

Prior to his arrival, the Canucks had absolutely zero issue with secondary scoring, and yet created this entire false narrative that we needed to split up the Lotto Line long term.

Suter-Lindholm-Mikheyev should have been a shut dow line right from Day One.

OR

Putting Miller/Petey together with Lindholm/Boeser anchoring a different line.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Perhaps management has a different view but I’m not seeing a cup winner with this team even with Guentzel.  I absolutely can’t see us getting by Vegas or the Oilers in the 2nd round, or a Winnipeg/Colorado in the 3rd round.  Even our first round will go 6-7 games imo with a realistic possibility of us being bounced. I know fans won’t like what I just said, and I’ll gladly eat Ryan Reaves poo if I’m wrong, but it’s just how I see it.  This team is fucked if any one of Miller, Hughes, or Demko go down with injury.  

IF we do Lindholm/Podz for Guentzel (signed before he arrives?) then I’d somewhat be on board with this, but we’ll have basically given up Podz, Hunter, Jurmo, and a 2024 1st all for Guentzel (29 years old……and will be looking for a long term deal).

I know Podkolzin has been slow in his development but I think there’s something there with him.  With OEL’s cap hit going to hit its peak over these next few years, we could use Podkolzin’s ELC.

well the management is already signed miller who's even older to long term so it's pretty much all in the nxt 5-6 years anyways. edmonton is hot and cold.. they look good some night they look horrible other night.. and rely on their PP.. take away their PP int he playoff? they are not that scary.. vegas?? stone prolly won't be back till the 2nd round at least.. and their goaltending is still a question mark.. at this rate thy might end up as the 1st wc and play colorado winnipeg or dallas

26 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

well the management is already signed miller who's even older to long term so it's pretty much all in the nxt 5-6 years anyways. edmonton is hot and cold.. they look good some night they look horrible other night.. and rely on their PP.. take away their PP int he playoff? they are not that scary.. vegas?? stone prolly won't be back till the 2nd round at least.. and their goaltending is still a question mark.. at this rate thy might end up as the 1st wc and play colorado winnipeg or dallas

My concern with Guentzel is that he might not age well since he’s diminutive in nature but tend to play bigger than his size…..and he already has some minor issues with frequent injuries.  

Lindholm’s exceptional defensive play and faceoff abilities would be far handier for us, nevermind considering the fact that Lindholm can also play center (just in case one of Petey or Miller go down with injury).

Maybe you’re right about Vegas and Edmonton, but I still think there are too many other teams better than us (Colorado, Winnipeg, Florida, etc.)

To your idea however - if the goal is to make an aggressive push for this season, then I’d be willing to bring in Guentzel but keep Lindholm…..perhaps using Mikheyev and possibly Lekkerimaki as starting points (I personally wouldn’t want to go down this route however).    

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser (primary scoring)

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter (elite shut down line taking on tough defensive match-ups)

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland (secondary scoring)

Hoglander-Lafferty-Podkolzin 

Move Lindholm to the top line if someone from Lotto line gets hurt.

Move Hog or Podz to Bluegar line if someone from that line gets hurt.

Lotto line and Joshua line get more offensive deployment if Lindholm line continuously proves that it can take on the most challenging defensive assignments (which I think they can).

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

My concern with Guentzel is that he might not age well since he’s diminutive in nature but tend to play bigger than his size…..and he already has some minor issues with frequent injuries.  

Lindholm’s exceptional defensive play and faceoff abilities would be far handier for us, nevermind considering the fact that Lindholm can also play center (just in case one of Petey or Miller go down with injury).

Maybe you’re right about Vegas and Edmonton, but I still think there are too many other teams better than us (Colorado, Winnipeg, Florida, etc.)

To your idea however - if the goal is to make an aggressive push for this season, then I’d be willing to bring in Guentzel but keep Lindholm…..perhaps using Mikheyev and possibly Lekkerimaki as starting points (I personally wouldn’t want to go down this route however).    

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser (primary scoring)

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter (elite shut down line taking on tough defensive match-ups)

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland (secondary scoring)

Hoglander-Lafferty-Podkolzin 

Move Lindholm to the top line if someone from Lotto line gets hurt.

Move Hog or Podz to Bluegar line if someone from that line gets hurt.

Lotto line and Joshua line get more offensive deployment if Lindholm line continuously proves that it can take on the most challenging defensive assignments (which I think they can).

nope my goal is next 5 season. we are desperate for a top 6 star semi star to play along side of EP.. top 6 star forward don't appear on market often.. there's only reinhart and guentzel this coming season that's notable.. and a 34 year old stamko.. you either get those thru trades or home grown.. we don't have any home grown that's ready for top 6 anytime soon that u can say will guarantee have success..if u can get one u get one otherwise next season we are still going to be lacking a top 6 winger.. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

nope my goal is next 5 season. we are desperate for a top 6 star semi star to play along side of EP.. top 6 star forward don't appear on market often.. there's only reinhart and guentzel this coming season that's notable.. and a 34 year old stamko.. you either get those thru trades or home grown.. we don't have any home grown that's ready for top 6 anytime soon that u can say will guarantee have success..if u can get one u get one otherwise next season we are still going to be lacking a top 6 winger.. 

It’s a fair enough point but then be prepared to say haastellavista to Lekkerimaki.  I don’t think Pits is going to want Podz or any prospect at or below that calibre.  

41 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

How would this work from a cap standpoint?

Letting Myers go would be a given obviously but who else do we let go?  We sign Guentzel and Hronek but who else would we be able to retain?  This plan could work but would it be contingent on guys like Hirose, Raty, and Podkolzin cracking the line-up on ELC’s (assuming that POD isn’t moved in a potential Guentzel deal).  

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

It’s a fair enough point but then be prepared to say haastellavista to Lekkerimaki.  I don’t think Pits is going to want Podz or any prospect at or below that calibre.  

they want nhl ready. 

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I hope you're right. 

the whole point of bringing in top 6 help is so that you can put hoglander back down on the 4th line. he gave them their identity. 

53 minutes ago, tas said:

the whole point of bringing in top 6 help is so that you can put hoglander back down on the 4th line. he gave them their identity. 

Agreed, I love Hoglander.  Unfortunately, he might be the asking price (amongst other pieces) if we want Guentzel (which is ultimately why I’m hesitant in wanting to trade for Guentzel).

6 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I think she’s “ok” but definitely not hot. I wouldn’t label her as unattractive however.  She’s more Brock Boeser calibre as opposed to a Connor McDavid or Nathan Mackinnon.

I think she's more like Eriksson on a 6x6.

She's impossible to get rid of I can't even watch football without her.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, chris12345 said:

I'm the only human being alive that finds swift unattractive.

there's two of us, I don't get it. Is it a millennial thing? I don't think she unattractive by any means, I just don't get it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chris12345 said:

I'm the only human being alive that finds swift unattractive.

She doesn't do much for me either. I wouldn't say unattractive but she's definitely not on my list.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Provost said:

Some of these proposals seem weird and unrealistic.

The rumour is a 3 way deal, and that means Boston is the one giving up the added assets to Pittsburgh, not us.

Some of these seem to show us giving Lindholm to Boston for almost free then paying a bunch of our own assets to Pittsburgh for Guentzel.  Boston comes out way ahead in these.

How is a Lindholm’s value not at least equal to Guentzel?  Lots of teams want centres, and we would have the best one on the market.  Not many teams could take away Lindholm and still have the quality of Miller, Petterson, Suter, and Blueger down the middle.

A deal should end up with us getting Guentzel, ideally at 50% retained, giving up Lindholm and otherwise being effectively a wash for us or minor pieces going the different ways. 

Yup, if Lindholm is going, we shouldn't be adding more than like a Bains and a mid pick.

If it's not a 3 way, I could see Podz + involved for Guentzel straight across but in a Lindholm 3 way.... No.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

She doesn't do much for me either. I wouldn't say unattractive but she's definitely not on my list.

Anyone worth over a Billion dollars is sexy to me!

Put a wig on Elon Musk and I'll go down (on one knee)!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

It's funny you say that because I was debating that the other day.

Call me a male pig but I don't think I could be a kept man. I couldn't have that carrot in front of me.

We are going to Japan on a jet.....but the Canucks are playing the Kings!

We are going to China......can I stay home and smoke a brisket?

Call me a simple man.

Edited by chris12345

8 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Who are you trying to kid, it would be both knees 😜

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I get how we went from a three-way to innuendo but I don't understand how Taylor Swift and Elon Musk got brought into things.. 

yeah no shit. We’re talking TDL, not a a fantasy draft or anything 

image.jpeg.99532fdf42a9a20841bd9c7cb50a4aac.jpeg