[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Do you know that for sure he’s seeking 9 million a year or is that speculation?

that's been the reporting on the situation since the summer. 

• Thanks 1
  • MillerTime 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Blueger is very good defensively.  I would say defensively he is much better than Horvat.  However, he will never win the Selke as a 3C/4C, you are correct.  Just like Horvat will never win the Selke.  The last defensive C to win the Selke was Kris Draper 20 years ago.  Before Draper it was Mike Peca and before him it was Guy Carbonneau.  I watched Carbonneau play.  He was one of the best defensive centres in NHL history and a big part of those Montreal cup teams.

You can't negotiate with a player prior to acquiring him via a trade unless you get permission.  So Allvin didn't know exactly what to expect from Lindholm.  Same with Lou with BO.  That's why Lou had to overpay BO and admitted it.

It would be great to have 4 strong centres for the playoffs.  However, we didn't acquire Lindholm to be a 3C, we already have a 3C in Blueger.  Suter can play as a 4C.  Which is why we need AT LEAST one more top 6 winger.  Maybe even 2...

Tocchet wanted to play him 3C from the very first game Lindholm got here.. his assistant coaches didn't think that made sense. 

Tochett said that in an interview before EL played his first game here..

I think Miller EP EP TB down the middle is the beat way to go.. 

Get a winger for Pettersson, doesn't have to be Guentzel.

Toffoli + Lindholm makes this team better than Guentzel alone..

Depth at C and D wins Cups. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Zimmyparttwo said:

lacerated spleen

likely to be all healed up

in time for playoffs

The timeline for a laceratec spleen is about 2.5 months, and thats just to heal, not to get back to normal life.  He might get back to the playoffs, but a very good chance it's not in round 1

13 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Do you know that for sure he’s seeking 9 million a year or is that speculation?

There was a report that's what he wanted to sign extension in CGY.

He's not getting that now.. he'll get around 7 mill on 4 year  contract, 5 years max.  He hasn't put up offensive numbers in Vancouver.  I think this trade to Vancouver will cost him millions on his bext contract. 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Tocchet wanted to play him 3C from the very first game Lindholm got here.. his assistant coaches didn't think that made sense. 

Tochett said that in an interview before EL played his first game here..

I think Miller EP EP TB down the middle is the beat way to go.. 

Get a winger for Pettersson, doesn't have to be Guentzel.

Toffoli + Lindholm makes this team better than Guentzel alone..

Depth at C and D wins Cups. 

Lindholm took the bulk of the critical dzone faceoffs last night.  Do you think those don't matter?

Misread your post a bit there

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lindholm took the bulk of the critical dzone faceoffs last night.  Do you think those don't matter?

Misread your post a bit there

They matter.

But they don't matter enough to pay him $9 million...

Need to do selke level defensive work and put up some points to get that kinda money.  

I'm not on board to trade him plus give up one of our top 3 prospects for Guentzel. 

Keep Lindholm and trade for Tofdoli or Greenway or another 2nd tier winger.

Lindholm as our 3C will take us further in playoffs than trading him away and bringing in Guentzel. 

Edited by WHL rocks

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You can't negotiate with a player prior to acquiring him via a trade unless you get permission.  So Allvin didn't know exactly what to expect from Lindholm.  Same with Lou with BO.  That's why Lou had to overpay BO and admitted it.

It would be great to have 4 strong centres for the playoffs.  However, we didn't acquire Lindholm to be a 3C, we already have a 3C in Blueger.  Suter can play as a 4C.  Which is why we need AT LEAST one more top 6 winger.  Maybe even 2...

So there was zero forethought on Allvin’s behalf to request permission to seek an extension prior. Thats a pretty big blunder if your intention was to acquire a 2C to re-sign. 

Once again, we acquired Lindholm as a 2C. Not a 3C. Pettersson is not strong enough in the faceoff circle and his creativity and skill is better suited on the wing. Its no secret why the 649 line is so fucking good. Because Miller wins draws and plays the 200ft game that frees up Petey to utilize his skill/creativity and Boeser to provide a heavy shot. Well all 3 provide heavy shots truthfully but its Petterssons skill that is needed more than his shot, to create tons of offence.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

The timeline for a laceratec spleen is about 2.5 months, and thats just to heal, not to get back to normal life.  He might get back to the playoffs, but a very good chance it's not in round 1

I have a healthy distrust of anything that comes out of Vegas re. Roster manipulations and injury details. Until they divulge the actual grade of the laceration (1-5), I’ll continue to be dubious. Maybe I missed the reporting of this important detail?

57 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Raty is a stretch right now we don't know what we have at the NHL level with him yet to include him, especially to fill a void left by  a real good 2 way C

My list includes all four lines, though. Raty will almost certainly be our 4th C call up next year. Lindholm is a nice defensive C addition, but if he's not going to re-sign, and Allvin wants someone they can re-sign, adding a 40 goal scorer to play on Petey's wing for the next many years is a great piece. 

26 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

My list includes all four lines, though. Raty will almost certainly be our 4th C call up next year. Lindholm is a nice defensive C addition, but if he's not going to re-sign, and Allvin wants someone they can re-sign, adding a 40 goal scorer to play on Petey's wing for the next many years is a great piece. 

If he's not gonna re-sign, we have a deep C group for this playoff and $5mill in cap in the off season to work with if Raty is your C plan. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If he's not gonna re-sign, we have a deep C group for this playoff and $5mill in cap in the off season to work with if Raty is your C plan. 

The difference will swapping EL for JG with an extension is that the assets we gave up turn into a long-term fit rather than wasting for a rental. 

53 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Blueger is very good defensively.  I would say defensively he is much better than Horvat.  However, he will never win the Selke as a 3C/4C, you are correct.  Just like Horvat will never win the Selke.  The last defensive C to win the Selke was Kris Draper 20 years ago.  Before Draper it was Mike Peca and before him it was Guy Carbonneau.  I watched Carbonneau play.  He was one of the best defensive centres in NHL history and a big part of those Montreal cup teams.

Jordan Staal last season was probably the closest a 3C has come to winning the Selke since Draper, finishing 4th. True defensive centers definitely don't get the recognition they deserve. Manny also managed to come 5th the year Kesler won, but that was the only time he finished in the top 15 in voting.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

The difference will swapping EL for JG with an extension is that the assets we gave up turn into a long-term fit rather than wasting for a rental. 

I just don't think for this season JG moves the needle anymore than EL and limits cap flexibility long term on top of that. 

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Hasn’t Raty been playing wing in Abby?

Hrs on the wing more out of necessity and because he's the most versatile of the C group.  Colliton considers hos line to have 2 C's and both take on C responsibilities.  It's easy to forget Raty is only 21

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

I have a healthy distrust of anything that comes out of Vegas re. Roster manipulations and injury details. Until they divulge the actual grade of the laceration (1-5), I’ll continue to be dubious. Maybe I missed the reporting of this important detail?

recovery time is 2-3 months regardless of severity. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I just don't think for this season JG moves the needle anymore than EL and limits cap flexibility long term on top of that. 

JG has basically been a ppg player for the last six years in a row. We need someone to play with Petey more than another centreman. I like EL's defensive play, and the fact that he's a RHC, but he's not helping offensively, and we don't have any legit guys to play alongside Petey. Having JG on Petey's wing will help Petey get into beast mode, and that has much more impact on our team, IMO.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

JG has basically been a ppg player for the last six years in a row. We need someone to play with Petey more than another centreman. I like EL's defensive play, and the fact that he's a RHC, but he's not helping offensively, and we don't have any legit guys to play alongside Petey. Having JG on Petey's wing will help Petey get into beast mode, and that has much more impact on our team, IMO.

He's "not helping" offensively cause he just got here with limited time to gel with anyone while getting bounced around the lineup especially with the Joshua injured tearing our really effective 3rd line apart. I'm not at all concerned with his production going forward, and even with us signing Guentzel to an extension it will end up a massive overpayment for both moves. I would still prefer to cut losses with cap space should Lindholm not re-sign.  

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Playing on a team, often a line, with Crosby and Malkin 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Playing on a team, often a line, with Crosby and Malkin 

And performing even when they've been out of the lineup, apparently. Also, he'd be playing with Petey, who, last time I checked, is a top player in the league, even without proper linemates. 

• Thanks 1

I would have payed the Lindholm price for Guentzel, they’re both good players and add something we need. But I wouldn’t be happy if we move Lindholm + for Guentzel now.  I’d get over it, obviously, but that’s not what I’d do.

Decent wingers, not Guentzel level, seem to be going for fairly cheap.  That’s where I hope Allvin is looking. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

And performing even when they've been out of the lineup, apparently. Also, he'd be playing with Petey, who, last time I checked, is a top player in the league, even without proper linemates. 

We have no idea what JG is going to be on a different team without two of the best players ever.  No way I'd take that over EL