[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

So there was zero forethought on Allvin’s behalf to request permission to seek an extension prior. Thats a pretty big blunder if your intention was to acquire a 2C to re-sign. 

Once again, we acquired Lindholm as a 2C. Not a 3C. Pettersson is not strong enough in the faceoff circle and his creativity and skill is better suited on the wing. Its no secret why the 649 line is so fucking good. Because Miller wins draws and plays the 200ft game that frees up Petey to utilize his skill/creativity and Boeser to provide a heavy shot. Well all 3 provide heavy shots truthfully but its Petterssons skill that is needed more than his shot, to create tons of offence.

I forgot to mention that another reason they got Lindholm was because of insurance in case they couldn’t re-sign Petey. 

At the end of the day, we may very well keep Lindholm for the playoff run. Like you said we would have 4 strong centres down the middle. 

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I forgot to mention that another reason they got Lindholm was because of insurance in case they couldn’t re-sign Petey. 

At the end of the day, we may very well keep Lindholm for the playoff run. Like you said we would have 4 strong centres down the middle. 

Really hard for you to admit that PA/JR may have made a miscalculation on Lindholm, hey? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Tocchet wanted to play him 3C from the very first game Lindholm got here.. his assistant coaches didn't think that made sense. 

Tochett said that in an interview before EL played his first game here..

I think Miller EP EP TB down the middle is the beat way to go.. 

Get a winger for Pettersson, doesn't have to be Guentzel.

Toffoli + Lindholm makes this team better than Guentzel alone..

Depth at C and D wins Cups. 

I agree. If we are keeping Lindholm they he should play as a 3C. Guentzel would be too expensive then. So I’d go hard after Toffoli. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

"may have"? based on what, our entire team going into a low scoring streak?

I know you are in denial about the prospect of us flipping him but the fact is it sounds like from multiple reputable sources the rumor is true. If that isn't a miscalculation, I don't know what is.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sell.the.team said:

I know you are in denial about the prospect of us flipping him but the fact is it sounds like from multiple reputable sources the rumor is true. If that isn't a miscalculation, I don't know what is.

I think its TO caca. Smells like TO caca. Looks like TO caca. Probably hand delivered caca from Boston "sources."

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

We're talking about Crosby, one of the all time greats, not MT or JG

30 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

16G 24A +9 in 38 career games without Sid says otherwise.

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lol, 38 games, not even half a season.  Further to that giving up a C for a W seems illogical heading into the post season where faceoffs are so important.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

Faceoffs are great to win and all but it's a mute point if we don't have secondary scoring aside from relying on the 3rd line...

Lindholm if clicking with EP40 would be great to have but he's not. We need to have a 1st and 2nd line that can provide offense. Not just the lotto line.

Guentzel could play with EP40 or Miller Boeser could play with either. It gives more options.

All a team needs to do is shut down our top line at this point more or less come playoffs if we roll with Lindholm and current squad... just my 2 cents. I do agree tho the faceoffs are nice to not worry about with him I just don't see it out weighing the other issues

In 38 games "not even half a season" Guentzel put up PPG clip (still albeit a short sample size)

The minute Little Johnny and Tkapuke left Cowtown Lindholm fell off a cliff offensively.

I do agree he does alot of things right tho and it secures alot of puck possession in the dot...

I just see JG as a player if a deals there you make. To say he couldn't produce with Sid tho... half a season or not there's as I said "albeit short sample size"... a very good reason to think he would alongside Miller or EP40 based on his history 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I think its TO caca. Smells like TO caca. Looks like TO caca. Probably hand delivered caca from Boston "sources."

Well if you don't believe the rumor, your logic is sound.  I believe the rumor.  It was reported by Chris Johsnton of the athletic and confirmed by Dreger, Friedman, among others.  I have a great disdain for Dreger, but he doesn't outright lie.  He may happily report on damning nucks rumors, but he doesn't just make stuff up out of thin air.  He is at the top of the game for a reason.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No way.. 

Raty is gone if we can get upgrade on winger. 

No way for an org short of top end prospects.  They'll need guys on cheap contracts to step in

I’m inclined to believe that management’s intent has been to potentially flip Lindholm all along, assuming they signed Petey.

IMO, he’s just another asset at the deadline l, but as an experienced centreman would likely have more value at the deadline than a streaky Kuzmenko to teams with playoff aspirations.

JR and PA are no Jim Benning.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

Really hard for you to admit that PA/JR may have made a miscalculation on Lindholm, hey? 

I think suggesting there was some miscalculation is jumping the gun here. The coaching staff are happy with him, teammates are excited about him playing heavy important minutes. By the time it gets to the fans and the analysts most see his offensive production and assume he is a bust since joining the team. Which is not surprising considering most people see zero value in Mikheyev as a reliable 200 foot player either.

Its easy to jump on Lindholm here sure, of course we would like to see what ? at or near a point per game since joining the Canucks ? I think he has been experimented with in most situatiuons thus far and fully expect he finds a more permanent spot on a line during this homestand upcoming.

If the team made an error or feels they miscalculated on anything I wouldn't put it past them to try to improve on that situation, I just don't know that flipping him off the roster is where they are looking. If he indeed is not interested in extending here and this has been discussed then perhaps they make a move otherwise to recoup assets and/or bring in someone who will extend or be here for years.

There is little reason to believe he could be offered anywhere near what he was " reported to have turned down by the Flames before this season " and if he simply wants to explore free agency he could do much much worse than Vancouver.

3 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

I’m inclined to believe that management’s intent has been to potentially flip Lindholm all along, assuming they signed Petey.

IMO, he’s just another asset at the deadline l, but as an experienced centreman would likely have more value at the deadline than a streaky Kuzmenko to teams with playoff aspirations.

I disagree. They saw a hole in the forward lineup and made a deal to fill it.

It had the side benefit if Petey played hardball and walked, they have an insurance policy.

The way some folks on here are acting, it's like he's worse than King Loui.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think suggesting there was some miscalculation is jumping the gun here. The coaching staff are happy with him, teammates are excited about him playing heavy important minutes. By the time it gets to the fans and the analysts most see his offensive production and assume he is a bust since joining the team. Which is not surprising considering most people see zero value in Mikheyev as a reliable 200 foot player either.

Its easy to jump on Lindholm here sure, of course we would like to see what ? at or near a point per game since joining the Canucks ? I think he has been experimented with in most situatiuons thus far and fully expect he finds a more permanent spot on a line during this homestand upcoming.

If the team made an error or feels they miscalculated on anything I wouldn't put it past them to try to improve on that situation, I just don't know that flipping him off the roster is where they are looking. If he indeed is not interested in extending here and this has been discussed then perhaps they make a move otherwise to recoup assets and/or bring in someone who will extend or be here for years.

There is little reason to believe he could be offered anywhere near what he was " reported to have turned down by the Flames before this season " and if he simply wants to explore free agency he could do much much worse than Vancouver.

So what value is there for mikheyev that cost almost 5mil and haven’t scored for more than 1/3 of the season now? 5mil for 200 foot game eats up top 6 mins with no production have value? There are plenty of 200ft player in this league that can’t score either cost way less than mikheyev so enlighten me on where the value is from 

18 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

people have been clamoring for "asset management" for ages. this is what it looks like at an expert level. 

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I disagree. They saw a hole in the forward lineup and made a deal to fill it.

It had the side benefit if Petey played hardball and walked, they have an insurance policy.

The way some folks on here are acting, it's like he's worse than King Loui.

I think it can be both scenarios at once

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But they have still another full year of Petterssons rights. Doesnt make any sense to acquire Lindholm as a fallback plan that far in advance AND not assure themselves he would be re-signing. They would have another season to figure out a solution to acquire a replacement. Imagine if Pettersson did want to leave and Lindholm didnt want to re-sign. Thats a pretty braindead play by management if that were the case. To not guarantee themselves a replacement. The main reason they targeted Lindholm was to take over 2C and that frees up Petey to reunite the lotto line and have Miller-Lindholm as the 1-2 punch. Pettersson is just too weak in the draw as it is right now. 

35 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Lol they are looking pretty fuckin dumb right now and in very short time.

instead of any type of retention on Myers or Garland or move Boeser they buyout OEL hit themselves with an ugly cap while having to deal with multiple RFA negotiations for guys deserving of a payday and best of all a 4mil dead cap hit DURING OUR WINDOW OF CONTENTION FOR FUCK SAKES.
move out a 30g 2way all situation 2C

acquire a D from the pick for Horvat

Take a 39goal scorer and tank his value

sell 39goal scorer at his lowest

39 goal scorer lighting the lamp and having value restored, could be flipped at the TDL to a contender for a great return

acquire a 2C without securing assurance of re-signing, need to now take that 2C they needed and specifically went out to get, to now go get a fucking winger and wind up weaker down the middle and still in need of a true 2C

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

No way for an org short of top end prospects.  They'll need guys on cheap contracts to step in

their top 2 centremen are locked up through this decade, they can afford to spare a raty (who I've liked in the limited minutes I've watched him) imo.

this management group won't have issues filling in the bottom end of the roster and making good low-key adds, especially if they establish themselves as a winning organization that's attractive to players around the league.  

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Lol they are looking pretty fuckin dumb right now and in very short time.

instead of any type of retention on Myers or Garland or move Boeser they buyout OEL hit themselves with an ugly cap while having to deal with multiple RFA negotiations for guys deserving of a payday and best of all a 4mil dead cap hit DURING OUR WINDOW OF CONTENTION FOR FUCK SAKES.
move out a 30g 2way all situation 2C

acquire a D from the pick for Horvat

Take a 39goal scorer and tank his value

sell 39goal scorer at his lowest

39 goal scorer lighting the lamp and having value restored, could be flipped at the TDL to a contender for a great return

acquire a 2C without securing assurance of re-signing, need to now take that 2C they needed and specifically went out to get, to now go get a fucking winger and wind up weaker down the middle and still in need of a true 2C

this is a monumentally bad take. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

Lol they sure are looking pretty fucking dumb for turning this team around in one year flat. 

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.png

Lmao buddy are you sure?

mikheyev - nearly 5mil in dead weight

Kuzmenko - struggling and had pay to dump a 39goal scorer and sold at his lowest instead LAST TDL or off-season when his value was at its peak. The guy cant skate or play in his own zone and they kept a massively overrated trade chip until his true value showed.

sell a 2C to go shopping later for a 2C whos suckin balls and now gotta drop that 2C they needed cuz 1 he aint living up to the payment and 2 he doesnt wanna re-sign here. Didnt fuckin think to maybe assure themselves a sign and trade

now they gotta give up their 2C and settle for a winger. Break up the 649 line which is our best fucking line when they are together.

Hronek is terrible in his own zone. 
4mil in dead cap during our window to win; just 1 more good player off the roster with upcoming contracts and guys getting squeezed out.

Zadorov and Soucy are worth their pay and a few bottom 6 guys that “turned this team around in one year” lmfao

just wanna double check here….

Garland is the glue and the difference maker to that 3rd line

Boeser has emerged

Miller is the greatest acquisition in Canucks history - Selke and Hart 

Pettersson is on pace for history

Hughes is a top candidate for the Norris 

Demko is on his vezina level

Hoglander is fuckin killing it.

last I checked those are all Benning guys and allllll of them are playing a much bigger role than any one of Allvins guys.

oh and I’ll add in Myers who is having a fuckin monster season and incredible defensive numbers.

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sell.the.team said:

Miscalculation may not be the right word. There were lots of factors playing into that trade. Tocchet wanted Kuzmenko gone. So you had to find a team to take him. Petey wasn’t signed so they were looking for insurance. 

So Lindholm made the most sense. He was arguably the top centre that was available. Sure, you can say Allvin lost the trade. But at least he has the balls to try and fix it. 

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Lmao buddy are you sure?

mikheyev - nearly 5mil in dead weight

Kuzmenko - struggling and had pay to dump a 39goal scorer and sold at his lowest instead LAST TDL or off-season when his value was at its peak. The guy cant skate or play in his own zone and they kept a massively overrated trade chip until his true value showed.

sell a 2C to go shopping later for a 2C whos suckin balls and now gotta drop that 2C they needed cuz 1 he aint living up to the payment and 2 he doesnt wanna re-sign here. Didnt fuckin think to maybe assure themselves a sign and trade

now they gotta give up their 2C and settle for a winger. Break up the 649 line which is our best fucking line when they are together.

Hronek is terrible in his own zone. 
4mil in dead cap during our window to win; just 1 more good player off the roster with upcoming contracts and guys getting squeezed out.

Zadorov and Soucy are worth their pay and a few bottom 6 guys that “turned this team around in one year” lmfao

just wanna double check here….

Garland is the glue and the difference maker to that 3rd line

Boeser has emerged

Miller is the greatest acquisition in Canucks history - Selke and Hart 

Pettersson is on pace for history

Hughes is a top candidate for the Norris 

Demko is on his vezina level

Hoglander is fuckin killing it.

last I checked those are all Benning guys and allllll of them are playing a much bigger role than any one of Allvins guys.

oh and I’ll add in Myers who is having a fuckin monster season and incredible defensive numbers.

Are you upset? 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

But they have still another full year of Petterssons rights. Doesnt make any sense to acquire Lindholm as a fallback plan that far in advance AND not assure themselves he would be re-signing. They would have another season to figure out a solution to acquire a replacement. Imagine if Pettersson did want to leave and Lindholm didnt want to re-sign. Thats a pretty braindead play by management if that were the case. To not guarantee themselves a replacement. The main reason they targeted Lindholm was to take over 2C and that frees up Petey to reunite the lotto line and have Miller-Lindholm as the 1-2 punch. Pettersson is just too weak in the draw as it is right now. 

Pettersson’s situation needed to be resolved prior to season’s end. JR has won 3 cups. He’s in the hall of fame for a reason. He’s not going to let a kid like Petey dictate terms. And he didn’t want a Tkachuk situation where they are forced to trade Petey in the summer. 

So, no they wouldn’t have had another year to figure it out.  In regard to Lindholm, if Petey is traded then they would certainly have the cap space to re-sign Lindholm. He would have been our 2C. 

You can rag on JR/PA all you want. But they’ve won multiple cups together and have the Canucks in a great place right now to try to win a cup. That’s a much better situation than before they arrived. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

So grass is greener type move 

Optics pa jr jumped the gun when dealing for  lindholm and if we flip him we will pay even more it seems  for players we could have got for less.. 

I don’t think Jake G is that much of an upgrade over lindholm so it seems desperate and more like a want than a need. 
our Center depth is great right now remove Lindy and it’s not. 

rather see us add to upgrade the forth line and if possible bring another top six in. 

Edited by Combover
  • Cheers 1