[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

53 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Pittsburgh insider says talks broke off. Dubas won’t budge on price and we’re not willing to pay lekkermaki and a 2025 1st to send Mikheyev for Guentzel to make the cap work. 

Who does dumass think he is? They will accept Klimovich, Linus Karlsson, Jett Woo and be happy about it.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Who does dumass think he is? They will accept Klimovich, Linus Karlsson, Jett Woo and be happy about it.

I'm OK with that, this is a gun fight...who's gonna blink first.

The guy who WANTS Guentzel, or the guy THAT HAS TO TRADE HIM or let him walk in the off season for nothing. 

My money is on the "original gangster" Trader Jim, he's been doing this a lot longer than Dumb-ass.

Frankly I'd be fine with not landing Guentzel at all. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Pittsburgh insider says talks broke off. Dubas won’t budge on price and we’re not willing to pay lekkermaki and a 2025 1st to send Mikheyev for Guentzel to make the cap work. 

Yea Dubas can go...himself. No way we're paying Lek and a first rounder for a potential rental. We can sign him on July 1st. 

I think we're more invested in getting Guentzel because Lindholm hasn't exactly worked out the way we hope so far, and might have wished we spent the asset on Guentzel instead. Let's just hope JR/PA is working on a plan B.

1 minute ago, Wing said:

Yea Dubas can go...himself. No way we're paying Lek and a first rounder for a potential rental. We can sign him on July 1st. 

I think we're more invested in getting Guentzel because Lindholm hasn't exactly worked out the way we hope so far, and might have wished we spent the asset on Guentzel instead. Let's just hope JR/PA is working on a plan B.

I'd much rather have Lindholm and Mik than Guentzel.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

you don't know better than them. period. full stop. 

they are smarter than you. they have more experience than you. they have all of the information, you have the 2% of the crumbs that becomes public knowledge. 

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

For people that are “so much smarter” how come I was right about Kuzmenko from the getgo and they were dead wrong? They sure get paid a lot to fuck up. Lol and thats just one of a few big mistakes that is impacting our window to win that just opened. 

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

For people that are “so much smarter” how come I was right about Kuzmenko from the getgo and they were dead wrong? They sure get paid a lot to fuck up. Lol and thats just one of a few big mistakes that is impacting our window to win that just opened. 

You should be an insider bro

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Come on, man. Really?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

what on earth are you talking about?

53 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

What's Kuzmenko done for Calgary to make you come to this conclusion? 

23 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

am I not allowed to criticize management when they make bad decisions that are currently impacting our window to win a cup?

yeah go ahead, just discount the entire season and incredible franchise turnaround so far while you’re at it.
Oh yeah, who got us into the “window to win a cup” to begin with, hmmm?

was it you?

btw, guess who else is culpable for their own play? Each individual player. 

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Pears said:

What's Kuzmenko done for Calgary to make you come to this conclusion? 

How come we sold so low on Kuzmenko? By sold I mean we paid to give him away. They blew it. Had a 30 goal scorer at the TDL that had MASSIVE value and they fucking blew it.

Dont get me wrong, there is no doubting Kuzmenko has incredible talent and an incredible release. But his skating is a huge issue alongside his defensive awareness/positioning.

What Kuzmenko did for CGY was make Vancouver overpay for a possible rental and leave CGY enough time to possibly flip Kuzmenko at the TDL for another pick/prospect. Calgary is currently the one laughing, not us.

4 hours ago, stawns said:

How is JG, a winger, an upgrade?

Probably to their scoring. 

Even if Canucks brass trade Lindholm to the Bruins (let's just go with that rumour), and they get prospects back and then trade them to Pitts for Guentzel. Let's just say for high heavens that does happen. The team still is relatively deep down the middle still (not as deep if they had Lindholm on the third line). 

But they'd have Miller/Petey/Blueger/Suter

That's not bad. The only thing that worries me is that they have no right handed centreman in that line up. But if they get Guentzel, then he's potentially a guy that can help ignite a stagnant powerplay. 

34 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

am I not allowed to criticize management when they make bad decisions that are currently impacting our window to win a cup?

we should give them credit when they make good decisions too. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

That's fine. Time to move onto Toffoli. Bring him back sign him to an extension 3-4 years at a reasonable cap hit. 

Circle around Guentzel in the summer time when he's a UFA, and let's hope management can pitch to him to come here. 

The only thing that worries me about this team is their cap situation. It's been a mess ever since Benning's time here, and they still haven't been able to sort it out completely. Though I will agree that it's a lot better situation cap wise than it was under Benning and Weisbrod. 

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

How come we sold so low on Kuzmenko? By sold I mean we paid to give him away. They blew it. Had a 30 goal scorer at the TDL that had MASSIVE value and they fucking blew it.

Dont get me wrong, there is no doubting Kuzmenko has incredible talent and an incredible release. But his skating is a huge issue alongside his defensive awareness/positioning.

What Kuzmenko did for CGY was make Vancouver overpay for a possible rental and leave CGY enough time to possibly flip Kuzmenko at the TDL for another pick/prospect. Calgary is currently the one laughing, not us.

they gave him a 2 year deal and with that there was expectation for him to improve his all around game. He did not. What the fuck more do you want? 
Love Kuzy, but he was one dimensional on a team that is mostly comprised of 2 dimensional players, and those that are “limited” (eg. BB6) have upped their game to add additional inherent value.

as a GM you would understand the onus is on you to improve the club. Heard a quote the other day from a former player talking about playing under a well respected GM and the player said he always remembered the GM stating “my job is to find a player better than you”.

thats what we did and we still have an opportunity to capitalize on top of that too. Sorry, but if you come here to toot your own horn about something that you only understand on an optical level, you might need to be reminded that you’re not smarter than a multiple Stanley cup winning mgmt and coaching team, so get over yourself. 

I don’t mean any offense. I just think you’re shitting on a decision that unfortunately had to be made and was also made at the right time. Lindholm is an asset too and worth more than Kuzy for our short terms. I guess we’re also laughing then, right?

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Probably to their scoring. 

Even if Canucks brass trade Lindholm to the Bruins (let's just go with that rumour), and they get prospects back and then trade them to Pitts for Guentzel. Let's just say for high heavens that does happen. The team still is relatively deep down the middle still (not as deep if they had Lindholm on the third line). 

But they'd have Miller/Petey/Blueger/Suter

That's not bad. The only thing that worries me is that they have no right handed centreman in that line up. But if they get Guentzel, then he's potentially a guy that can help ignite a stagnant powerplay. 

Or a guy, other than miller to take key faceoffs......oh and he's also one of the main pk'ers too

Just now, stawns said:

Or a guy, other than miller to take key faceoffs......oh and he's also one of the main pk'ers too

I also heard that Guentzel's not great defensively. I'm not sure if that's going to fly with Tocc. We already had a winger that was bad defensively, so if that's true, then the hard on that management has on this guy doesn't make too much sense. Toffoli's slower, and less elite I suppose with his offense and shot, but he's probably more balanced than Guentzel is? I dunno. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I also heard that Guentzel's not great defensively. I'm not sure if that's going to fly with Tocc. We already had a winger that was bad defensively, so if that's true, then the hard on that management has on this guy doesn't make too much sense. Toffoli's slower, and less elite I suppose with his offense and shot, but he's probably more balanced than Guentzel is? I dunno. 

For all the drum beating, it's good to remember that JG has 3 more goals than hoglander

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

I mean, they do have Stanley Cup rings...something nobody else here has. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

For all the drum beating, it's good to remember that JG has 3 more goals than hoglander

Hes also a two time 40 goal scorer and over a point per game this season. There’s really no comparison to what they bring.

Big reason his goals are down is because their powerplay has been abysmal.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah, but he's been injured too. I think he was on pace for 30 goals if not for the injury. 

Höglander, I love him, he's grown his game so much this year under Tocchet. But he's also not playing against the toughest opponents. Tocchet's still limiting his minutes. 

• Cheers 2