[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, but he's been injured too. I think he was on pace for 30 goals if not for the injury. 

Höglander, I love him, he's grown his game so much this year under Tocchet. But he's also not playing against the toughest opponents. Tocchet's still limiting his minutes. 

He's playing with Petey and they're getting the best players on the other team

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

For all the drum beating, it's good to remember that JG has 3 more goals than hoglander

I'm not pro Guentzel, personally I think we should walk away BUT...

Guentzel stats are  22 goals 30 assists for 52 points in 50 games.   

Hoglander stats are 19 goals 9 assists for 28 points in 62 games.  

I understand why he's the prized target at the TDL... it's just to much to pay, when you can possibly have him for free in the off season.

I also feel that if Hoglander played a full season on Petey's wing this season (or next) that he might be capable of 30-35 goals a season.

Edited by Blitz-Pix

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hes also a two time 40 goal scorer and over a point per game this season. There’s really no comparison to what they bring.

Big reason his goals are down is because their powerplay has been abysmal.

So?  Hrs still only got 3 more goals than hoglander...,.....hes not likely to make a big difference to van and missing out on him is most likely for the best.  He's not worth selling the future on

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I not am pro Guentzel, personally I think we should walk away BUT...

Guentzel stats are  22 goals 30 assists for 52 points in 50 games.   

Hoglander stats are 19 goals 9 assists for 28 points in 62 games.  

I understand why he's the prized target at the TDL... it's just to much to pay, when you can possibly have him for free in the off season.

I also feel that if Hoglander played a full season on Petey's wing this season (or next) that he might be capable of 30-35 goals a season.

Riding coattails 

• Cheers 1

If this falls through I'd like to see us still trade Lindholm to Boston for debrusk and a 1st and then (or buchnevich preferably if possible or flip debrusk to st. Louis for him instead of guentzel) then trade mik and 2nd & 3rd for Zucker. Or could add a defenseman with that instead. If Zucker lines could be; 

Buchnevich - pety - hoglander 

Zucker - miller - Boeser (think this line would be amazing) 

Joshua -Blueger -Garland (unreal top 9) 

Lafferty - Suter - Podkolzin 

Would be a very good forward group and buchnevich is signed next year. Also side note I'd love to see Joshua with Miller and Boeser I think he'd fit there the best out of anyone we have other then hoglander or Petterson. Has good hands and makes plays screens the goalie, goes to the net and has pretty good hockey sense would be perfect with them I think 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Somebody's gotta...as long as they can finish. LOL

No argument there, but I don't want to give up the farm for a guy who's made a career on the back of one of the best ever

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, stawns said:

So?  Hrs still only got 3 more goals than hoglander...,.....hes not likely to make a big difference to van and missing out on him is most likely for the best.  He's not worth selling the future on

in 12 fewer games while having 3 times as many assists. 

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hes also a two time 40 goal scorer and over a point per game this season. There’s really no comparison to what they bring.

Big reason his goals are down is because their powerplay has been abysmal.

Kind of like ours...

• Cheers 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:27 PM, wai_lai416 said:

Like I said I view hunter as the piece needed to cap dump kuzmenko. If they had to cap dump a player with 1 year in the summer with a 5.5mil cap hit? Team prolly be asking for 1st.. jurmo ain’t gonna be enough to move the needle. Podz value like is said is not all that high. He’s prolly at around a 3rd rounder around the league. While Vancouver fans will value him as a 1st rounder or something 

This may be the case, but can see this as coming back to haunt us in the future big time.   Hunter was ranked as our second best prospect, at or near the league lead in OHL, a big lead in assists, a great puck distributer, and the "unicorn" in that he's also a RHD.    He's ranked ahead of Willander (although not by much), on THNs future watch,  52nd overall best 21 and unders).   He immediately became CALs best D prospect.   

Lekkerimaki, came in at 11.   He's untouchable.   Let me ask you this, if Willander was traded instead (a year younger),  how would you feel about that "cap dump"?    Ranked as our third best prospect at the time of the trade ... now our second best prospect.     I bet there would be a lot more noise.   And these rankings are based on how they predict their careers will go, not who is better at a given moment in time, it's a lot harder for later picks, to get that sort of praise, this early, then say an OJ.  Or even a Willander.    So far, Allvins picks are working out. 

For sure the trade itself can't be judged for awhile yet.   One of Kuzmenko or Brock was always going to be kept or moved, for sure they picked the right guy.    Some of his cap goes to EP.    And for sure, the time to trade Kuzemenko, was last year. 

Find this Guentzal stuff a little over the top.   Hes a reliable winger.    Who's had the gift of playing with one of the best all-time centers.    How is he going to do with EP?   The only way this trade works, is if it's a sign and trade.   Noise is Lindholm is going to pull a Klingberg, and go to market, and possibly regret it.    As in he's pricing himself out of the market.    

Guentzal is a very good hockey player.    Don't think EP is as good as Crosby was though.  So expecting the same is a big ask.   He's also in his peak prime.    About to get his legacy deal.    This trade scares the heck out of me.     Definitely wouldn't want to trade Hogs to make it work.  

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, stawns said:

He's playing with Petey and they're getting the best players on the other team

Either the best players, or the best defensive players.    That depends on if we are home or away too,  Tochett still uses Millers line to go up against the McDavids, Mckinnon's et.    And no way would I like to see Hogs go for Guentzal, unless it's a trade and sign maybe, and only then if it's very reasonable (7 x 5). 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

How come we sold so low on Kuzmenko? By sold I mean we paid to give him away. They blew it. Had a 30 goal scorer at the TDL that had MASSIVE value and they fucking blew it.

Dont get me wrong, there is no doubting Kuzmenko has incredible talent and an incredible release. But his skating is a huge issue alongside his defensive awareness/positioning.

What Kuzmenko did for CGY was make Vancouver overpay for a possible rental and leave CGY enough time to possibly flip Kuzmenko at the TDL for another pick/prospect. Calgary is currently the one laughing, not us.

Calgary is currently he headed for the crapper as they trade away their best players 

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

This may be the case, but can see this as coming back to haunt us in the future big time.   Hunter was ranked as our second best prospect, at or near the league lead in OHL, a big lead in assists, a great puck distributer, and the "unicorn" in that he's also a RHD.    He's ranked ahead of Willander (although not by much), on THNs future watch,  52nd overall best 21 and unders).   He immediately became CALs best D prospect.   

Lekkerimaki, came in at 11.   He's untouchable.   Let me ask you this, if Willander was traded instead (a year younger),  how would you feel about that "cap dump"?    Ranked as our third best prospect at the time of the trade ... now our second best prospect.     I bet there would be a lot more noise.   And these rankings are based on how they predict their careers will go, not who is better at a given moment in time, it's a lot harder for later picks, to get that sort of praise, this early, then say an OJ.  Or even a Willander.    So far, Allvins picks are working out. 

For sure the trade itself can't be judged for awhile yet.   One of Kuzmenko or Brock was always going to be kept or moved, for sure they picked the right guy.    Some of his cap goes to EP.    And for sure, the time to trade Kuzemenko, was last year. 

Find this Guentzal stuff a little over the top.   Hes a reliable winger.    Who's had the gift of playing with one of the best all-time centers.    How is he going to do with EP?   The only way this trade works, is if it's a sign and trade.   Noise is Lindholm is going to pull a Klingberg, and go to market, and possibly regret it.    As in he's pricing himself out of the market.    

Guentzal is a very good hockey player.    Don't think EP is as good as Crosby was though.  So expecting the same is a big ask.   He's also in his peak prime.    About to get his legacy deal.    This trade scares the heck out of me.     Definitely wouldn't want to trade Hogs to make it work.  

I'm not 100% sold on Hunter B.  He's doing all of this in the OHL as a 19 year old playing on a stacked team.  Even then, he's tied with 17 year old Zayne Parekh in defenceman scoring and Zayne plays on a weaker team.  Parekh is only ranked around 10th on most boards for this year's draft which isn't even that strong of a class.

Will Hunter be a good player? Probably.  Will he be a top pairing RHD in the NHL? Possibly.  Would I take him over Willander no matter what THN says?  No way.  

Craig Button (who I respect a lot when it comes to prospect rankings) didn't even have Hunter B on his top 50 NHL affiliated prospects ranking.  Lekkerimaki was 10th.  Willander? 9th. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm not 100% sold on Hunter B.  He's doing all of this in the OHL as a 19 year old playing on a stacked team.  Even then, he's tied with 17 year old Zayne Parekh in defenceman scoring and Zayne plays on a weaker team.  Parekh is only ranked around 10th on most boards for this year's draft which isn't even that strong of a class.

Will Hunter be a good player? Probably.  Will he be a top pairing RHD in the NHL? Possibly.  Would I take him over Willander no matter what THN says?  No way.  

Craig Button (who I respect a lot when it comes to prospect rankings) didn't even have Hunter B on his top 50 NHL affiliated prospects ranking.  Lekkerimaki was 10th.  Willander? 9th. 

Brewski didn't want to sign with us so it was smart to move him.

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, cd1377 said:

Jeez man. Give some credit where due. Even if it's a screw up they have done an amazing job overall. You don't hit on 100% of your trades or moves that's never the expectation. I would say just relax look at the season we have had and all the things management has done to help create that. Enjoy the season lol 

Exactly. The Lindholm trade was a solid trade. The GM can't help how Lindholm or the team has played since the All Star break.

Hopefully both the team and the player start trending in the right direction now, but at the time, with the information they had, that trade made a lot of sense.

• Cheers 3

We absolutely cannot trade the Swedes, we can’t have a 2011 situation and disappear like a fart in the wind. We need to be good for a long time and hopefully one year catch lightning in a bottle as even the best teams have to. 

if the right deal isn’t there then don’t take it. We can’t go gambling yet. We have our core locked up now for a long time. We have a solid 5-6 chances at this so making chance 4,5 and 6 worse for a better chance now is not worth it. Especially when it looks like going through the west will be a gauntlet no matter who we face, at this point we have to have way too much luck and Guentzel does not shift that luck needle that much IMO

9 hours ago, RWJC said:

yeah go ahead, just discount the entire season and incredible franchise turnaround so far while you’re at it.
Oh yeah, who got us into the “window to win a cup” to begin with, hmmm?

was it you?

btw, guess who else is culpable for their own play? Each individual player. 

Oh shit man I didnt realize PA and JR drafted/signed/acquired

Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Demko, Miller, Garland, Myers, Juulsen

lmfao Lafferty, Joshua, Suter and Blueger, Zadorov, Soucy and Hronek franchise players. come on man. This franchise was turned around by the core not the supporting cast.

The difference this year is Demko playing at a vezina level from game 1. Pettersson and Miller playing like Hart and Selke nominees from game 1. Hughes at a Norris level from game 1. Boeser on a 40 goal pace from game 1. Dont give me this fuckin PA bullshit. Sure Hronek, Zadorov and the bottom 6 have been great adds, but ultimately its all held together and carried by JB guys. Garland is the reason that 3rd line is probably tops in the league.

9 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Oh shit man I didnt realize PA and JR drafted/signed/acquired

Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Demko, Miller, Garland, Myers, Juulsen

lmfao Lafferty, Joshua, Suter and Blueger, Zadorov, Soucy and Hronek franchise players. come on man. This franchise was turned around by the core not the supporting cast.

The difference this year is Demko playing at a vezina level from game 1. Pettersson and Miller playing like Hart and Selke nominees from game 1. Hughes at a Norris level from game 1. Boeser on a 40 goal pace from game 1. Dont give me this fuckin PA bullshit. Sure Hronek, Zadorov and the bottom 6 have been great adds, but ultimately its all held together and carried by JB guys. Garland is the reason that 3rd line is probably tops in the league.

Man, I think you need to take a chill pill. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

we should give them credit when they make good decisions too. 

I have been pretty vocal on their work on the bottom 6 and the blueline. Hronek was a great add, the way they went about acquiring him was bassackwards.

I have raved extensively about Blueger and been very happy they found a quality back up and Zadorov has been a pretty solid add. But ultimately they ARE making mistakes and big ones at that. I would rather they make mistakes in the bottom 6 and not the top 6. We are faced with giving up Horvat and Lindholm essentially for Hronek and a bunch of picks and prospects and selling at rock bottom on Kuzmenko for 1 run. This is our window dude. We just lost a ton of trade chips and fucked the trade chips value up and next season we have to find a way to acquire a 2C… with a handful of enticing pieces tossed away and gone forever