[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

8 hours ago, cd1377 said:

Jeez man. Give some credit where due. Even if it's a screw up they have done an amazing job overall. You don't hit on 100% of your trades or moves that's never the expectation. I would say just relax look at the season we have had and all the things management has done to help create that. Enjoy the season lol 

Just look at the credit I have given them all fucking season. When they fuck up something as critical as a 2C and the trade value of Kuzmenko going from a pot of gold to a pile of dirt, I have a right to call them out. Ive been supportive, but these mistakes are costly now and down the road.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, cd1377 said:

Jeez man. Give some credit where due. Even if it's a screw up they have done an amazing job overall. You don't hit on 100% of your trades or moves that's never the expectation. I would say just relax look at the season we have had and all the things management has done to help create that. Enjoy the season lol 

it's best to just ignore the hysterical, histrionic, shrieking peanut gallery. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Just look at the credit I have given them all fucking season. When they fuck up something as critical as a 2C and the trade value of Kuzmenko going from a pot of gold to a pile of dirt, I have a right to call them out. Ive been supportive, but these mistakes are costly now and down the road.

It’s crazy to think that anyone would defend the utter destruction of value of Kuzmenko. If that hadn’t happened we’d still have the assets to get Guentzel or another top 3 D-man. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Dom said:

Man, I think you need to take a chill pill. 

Lmfao you guys all sat here bitching and crying endlessly about Benning when he fucked up signing guys like Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel WHILE REBUILDING, that took nothing away from us being in a conversation of contending… and then you turn a complete blindeye to the amount of fuck ups while we are in a window of contention?! THESE ARE THE MISTAKES THAT COST A TEAM A CUP AND SEND YOU TO A REBUILD FASTER.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Lmfao you guys all sat here bitching and crying endlessly about Benning when he fucked up signing guys like Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel WHILE REBUILDING, that took nothing away from us being in a conversation of contending… and then you turn a complete blindeye to the amount of fuck ups while we are in a window of contention?! THESE ARE THE MISTAKES THAT COST A TEAM A CUP AND SEND YOU TO A REBUILD FASTER.

Allvin turned Kuzmenko (a free asset) into Lindholm. It's not anyone's fault but Kuzy's that he doesn't play playoff-style NHL hockey. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

How come we sold so low on Kuzmenko? By sold I mean we paid to give him away. They blew it. Had a 30 goal scorer at the TDL that had MASSIVE value and they fucking blew it.

Dont get me wrong, there is no doubting Kuzmenko has incredible talent and an incredible release. But his skating is a huge issue alongside his defensive awareness/positioning.

What Kuzmenko did for CGY was make Vancouver overpay for a possible rental and leave CGY enough time to possibly flip Kuzmenko at the TDL for another pick/prospect. Calgary is currently the one laughing, not us.

Without arguing for or against, a 30 goal scorer? last year maybe but not this year... Think its limited, how much you can squeeze out even at TDL for a player in the press box half the time and not scoring.

+ you've got to do a deal, when it presents itself, if that the player you want.

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Nonsense…. Kuzmenko dropped his own value.  He had all the opportunities in prime minutes and couldn’t deliver.  He is playing fewer minutes on Calgary than he was here, and is one of their lowest per minute forwards on a crappy roster.

It was a miracle to get out from that cap

liability going forward.  Benning would have paid a 1st rounder just to get rid of him and not gotten a return.

That isn’t on the organization.  You would have been moaning and gnashing your teeth if they traded him last offseason when his value was high.

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Without arguing for or against, a 30 goal scorer? last year maybe but not this year... Think its limited, how much you can squeeze out even at TDL for a player in the press box half the time and not scoring.

+ you've got to do a deal, when it presents itself, if that the player you want.

Okay but just think of this. 
How easy and cheap is it to find a very high quality 2way 2C who puts up 30 goals? Very fuckin few and very hard to come by if you dont have one….. we had one. We traded him for a dman and then found ourselves in need of that centre we gave away, instead of moving a fucking 30+ goal winger which are a dime a dozen. 
whats more valuable, a 30g all situation 2way near Selke caliber 2C 55% in the faceoffs or a fucking 1 dimensional 30+ goal winger? Im going with the centre. Kuzmenko would have landed us Hronek in a fucking instant. Thats poor management.

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Allvin turned Kuzmenko (a free asset) into Lindholm. It's not anyone's fault but Kuzy's that he doesn't play playoff-style NHL hockey. 

Haha no he turned a pile of picks and prospects into Lindholm who is likely walking OR being shipped out for a winger. Our team need is a C.

last year Kuzmenko was worth a ton and they failed to recognize his skating issues and his positional awareness in his own zone. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Haha no he turned a pile of picks and prospects into Lindholm who is likely walking OR being shipped out for a winger. Our team need is a C.

last year Kuzmenko was worth a ton and they failed to recognize his skating issues and his positional awareness in his own zone. 

If they turn Kuzmenko into Guentzel then it's an even bigger win. Our need is not centre - we have plenty of C depth. We need a legit winger to play with Petey. Everyone knows this. (Lindholm was not acquired to play 3C but rather right-wing/centre with Petey.)

Kuzy had a great first year under a broken system that didn't play the right way. Now that we're playing the right way, he fell off a cliff. The hope was that he would be able to "get it" like the rest of the team has, but unfortunately he has not and Allvin cut his losses and turned Kuzy into a much better asset. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

6 to 7? I heard 8. Maybe it was 5. Maybe down to 4. Or 3. 2?

I could see Nashville potentially having interest, maybe Detroit, the Rags

Jets are an outlier, more likely to be on his NTC, but they have the cap space

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Oh shit man I didnt realize PA and JR drafted/signed/acquired

Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Demko, Miller, Garland, Myers, Juulsen

lmfao Lafferty, Joshua, Suter and Blueger, Zadorov, Soucy and Hronek franchise players. come on man. This franchise was turned around by the core not the supporting cast.

The difference this year is Demko playing at a vezina level from game 1. Pettersson and Miller playing like Hart and Selke nominees from game 1. Hughes at a Norris level from game 1. Boeser on a 40 goal pace from game 1. Dont give me this fuckin PA bullshit. Sure Hronek, Zadorov and the bottom 6 have been great adds, but ultimately its all held together and carried by JB guys. Garland is the reason that 3rd line is probably tops in the league.

of course, it’s all about JB once again.

image.gif.fc0326c43353019dbeb8d2514495f50d.gif

I’m gonna go enjoy the present now, which has been brought to us by allllll the GMs we’ve ever had, not just JB.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I could see Nashville potentially having interest, maybe Detroit, the Rags

Jets are an outlier, more likely to be on his NTC, but they have the cap space

Nashville is definitely a sleeper that could move in, give Dubie a quantity over quality offer like we did for Lindholm. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Nashville is definitely a sleeper that could move in, give Dubie a quantity over quality offer like we did for Lindholm. 

I don't think they'd rent him, but if he shifts towards being willing to talk extension I could see them being very interested 

• MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't think they'd rent him, but if he shifts towards being willing to talk extension I could see them being very interested 

Trotz is a sharp old dude, he'd know beforehand if that was possible, one way or another. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I bet a team not named those 4 teams will get Guentzel. I would be absolutely disgusted if Vegas somehow gets him.

We need to pivot quickly to other options once this is done. Make the trade already so other teams can move on.

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

I bet a team not named those 4 teams will get Guentzel. I would be absolutely disgusted if Vegas somehow gets him.

We need to pivot quickly to other options once this is done. Make the trade already so other teams can move on.

If Vegas gets him I'm gonna laugh 

Be interesting to see what we do

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

If Vegas gets him I'm gonna laugh 

Be interesting to see what we do

tbh its pretty amazing what JR/PA have done to turn this team into regular season winners.

I'd love to hear their analysis of whats really missing to make this team hard to play against in the playoffs. Do we really need JG? maybe. But I could see a number of lesser additions being great for us too. Look at Joshua e.g., and how effective he can be in the right system. Maybe we don't need to go all in on one dude?

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

tbh its pretty amazing what JR/PA have done to turn this team into regular season winners.

I'd love to hear their analysis of whats really missing to make this team hard to play against in the playoffs. Do we really need JG? maybe. But I could see a number of lesser additions being great for us too. Look at Joshua e.g., and how effective he can be in the right system. Maybe we don't need to go all in on one dude?

It'd be interesting to hear their honest opinions, absolutely 

I agree with the argument that Pettersson needs a running mate, I'm less convinced they have to be a star like Guentzel

54 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Okay but just think of this. 
How easy and cheap is it to find a very high quality 2way 2C who puts up 30 goals? Very fuckin few and very hard to come by if you dont have one….. we had one. We traded him for a dman and then found ourselves in need of that centre we gave away, instead of moving a fucking 30+ goal winger which are a dime a dozen. 
whats more valuable, a 30g all situation 2way near Selke caliber 2C 55% in the faceoffs or a fucking 1 dimensional 30+ goal winger? Im going with the centre. Kuzmenko would have landed us Hronek in a fucking instant. Thats poor management.

Doubtful Hronek would have been had for Kuz..... 

Problem was not keeping Bo, but at what cost... The offer they handed Bo, was rejected and they made decision... the Hronek trade came along afterwards, and seeing how this team has performed this year, its hard to argue against their decisions...

If it starts to go pear shaped by all means, its time fire the guns, but so far the results have vindicated their choices...

Most of the professional signings have worked out, drafting has been good and the results have been great as well, sooo....

Regardless amigo, we all see it, as we like, and very rarely is everything perfect, so all good 🙂

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It'd be interesting to hear their honest opinions, absolutely 

I agree with the argument that Pettersson needs a running mate, I'm less convinced they have to be a star like Guentzel

Vatrano or PB? has to be lower cost than JG. 

• Cheers 1