[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

You do realize that Lindholm is still an asset though right? 

He's was the top ranked TDL target...we can still trade him but it shouldn't have to require us to add.

Stick him with Petey and let them figure it out... or put him on the 4th line to center a shutdown line, take key faceoffs, 2nd PP unit, and kill penalties.     

I didn't say he wasn't an asset, however, I am highly skeptical that his value is as high as it is when we acquired him.  And it just makes me laugh that people think there is some huge conspiracy from these insiders to sabotage the Canucks.  I have been following these trade deadline days for a long time and my BS meter is not going off in this instance.... quite the contrary.  You have the TSN Insiders, and various other legit media figures reporting on it.  Do people really think when a 3 way trade is being contemplated (especially one as brazen as this), that a leak won't emerge.

24 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If this comes to fruition we’re possibly looking at:

Podkolzin 

Kuzy

Brzustewicz

Jurmo

1st

4th

For

Guentzel

Hefty price to pay.

21 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I don't see us paying Podz + Lindy for Guentzel 

Yeah, I don't see it either. Do we need to add a bit to Lindholm? Probably. But most of the futures are going to have to come from BOS. We're not adding a piece as big as Podz IMO if this happens. Lindholm, Bains and a 3rd +/- and BOS sends something like Debrusk, Lysell and a 1st.

VAN - Guentzel

BOS - Lindholm

PIT - Debrusk, Lysell, Bains, 1st, 3rd

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If this comes to fruition we’re possibly looking at:

Podkolzin 

Kuzy

Brzustewicz

Jurmo

1st

4th

For

Guentzel

Hefty price to pay.

For a guy who hasn't played on a team without one of the all time greats.  Really, we don't know how JG is going to be away from SC

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Podz, Hunter B, 1st, and 4th, actually. 

Like I said I view hunter as the piece needed to cap dump kuzmenko. If they had to cap dump a player with 1 year in the summer with a 5.5mil cap hit? Team prolly be asking for 1st.. jurmo ain’t gonna be enough to move the needle. Podz value like is said is not all that high. He’s prolly at around a 3rd rounder around the league. While Vancouver fans will value him as a 1st rounder or something 

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I would do

To BOS

Lindholm

To PENS

Boston 2025 1st

Bains

Mikheyev

To Van

Debrusk

Guentzal

I like this 

swap out Bains for Aman or Aman+ Karlsson, Bains is a local kid …

but if that’s what it needs to be then I would do this easy 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lindholm might be equal prior to the trade. His value tanked after the trade. He hasn’t looked good.. not exactly producing.. and demoted to 3rd line 

Guys been 60% on FOs and defensively sound; just hasn’t gelled with Petey. He was the top C at TDL…..still would be.

in the end, we should end up with Guentzl and Debrusk in deal OR add a pick to jettison Mik.

16 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

This rumor has been reported by more than just Johnston including TSN Insider Trading. 

Why does everything have to be the media making stuff up.

People said the media was making stuff up about Petey.... and then he resigned.

Have you ever heard the expression, where there's smoke there's fire.

Since making the Lindholm trade this team has looked awful.  No offensive firepower whatsoever.  Is it that hard for you to believe that maybe they will try to cut their losses on Lindholm and try out a different rental?

Have ya heard the one that talks about Throwing Good Money After Bad?

They may not be thrilled with how things have gone since acquiring Lindholm but that's hardly all on him.

No way are they gonna just use him as a small piece of another move that sees several pieces leaving Vancouver for a single player coming back. JR and PA have shown us way more savvy and patience than that

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I like this 

swap out Bains for Aman or Aman+ Karlsson, Bains is a local kid …

but if that’s what it needs to be then I would do this easy 

That’s more like it! (Original post). Bains is just an average guy; he’s replacable

Edited by BC_Hawk

6 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

I didn't say he wasn't an asset, however, I am highly skeptical that his value is as high as it is when we acquired him.  And it just makes me laugh that people think there is some huge conspiracy from these insiders to sabotage the Canucks.  I have been following these trade deadline days for a long time and my BS meter is not going off in this instance.... quite the contrary.  You have the TSN Insiders, and various other legit media figures reporting on it.  Do people really think when a 3 way trade is being contemplated (especially one as brazen as this), that a leak won't emerge.

I'm not on the Media is screwing us bandwagon...I do however think they sometimes spin a report/story in such a way that it gets us all worked up. LOL

7 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I would do

To BOS

Lindholm

To PENS

Boston 2025 1st

Bains

Mikheyev

To Van

Debrusk

Guentzal

I'd way rather have Mik than DeBrusk

Edited by stawns
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I'm not on the Media is screwing us bandwagon...I do however think they sometimes spin a report/story in such a way that it gets us all worked up. LOL

I think there's just a lot of fragile Canuck fans

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

Have ya heard the one that talks about Throwing Good Money After Bad?

They may not be thrilled with how things have gone since acquiring Lindholm but that's hardly all on him.

No way are they gonna just use him as a small piece of another move that sees several pieces leaving Vancouver for a single player coming back. JR and PA have shown us way more savvy and patience than that

I agree 100% with this.  Stand pat.  We have made our moves already, no need to go balls to the walls on anything else.  

We were a top team in the standings before adding Z and Lindholm.  

I am simply saying I believe the rumor... that is all.  

Who knows, maybe its a motivation technique (like the speculated Pettersson to Carolina leak) from JR/PA... "get your ass in gear tonight or else we are trading you"

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

Only a boss like JR can effectively remove Lindholm from going to the west and get Guentzel to Van

Well played 

That would be a helluva move, I agree

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I don't see it either. Do we need to add a bit to Lindholm? Probably. But most of the futures are going to have to come from BOS. We're not adding a piece as big as Podz IMO if this happens. Lindholm, Bains and a 3rd +/- and BOS sends something like Debrusk, Lysell and a 1st.

VAN - Guentzel

BOS - Lindholm

PIT - Debrusk, Lysell, Bains, 1st, 3rd

Forget guentzel just do the deal with boston and take debrusk, lysell and the 1st

11 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I would do

To BOS

Lindholm

To PENS

Boston 2025 1st

Bains

Mikheyev

To Van

Debrusk

Guentzal

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd way rather have Mik than DeBrusk

Same. Something like:

VAN - Guentzel

BOS - Lindholm

PIT - Debrusk, Lysell, Bains, BOS 1st, VAN 3rd

Just now, stawns said:

I think there's just a lot of fragile Canuck fans

I get it...54 years without a cup will do that...I mean just look at the Toronto fan base. LOL

I sometimes think it would be better to head to Mexico a week before the TDL and not look at updates until I get back. 

I mean it's not like management is trolling around these boards looking for my/our input anyway. Haha 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

Forget guentzel just do the deal with boston and take debrusk, lysell and the 1st

Zero chance. Lysell is a 1st round pick. There's no chance Boston does this. 

8 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Guys been 60% on FOs and defensively sound; just hasn’t gelled with Petey. He was the top C at TDL…..still would be.

in the end, we should end up with Guentzl and Debrusk in deal OR add a pick to jettison Mik.

like i said his value tanked in vancouver.. if this was calgary? sure i would agreee he can be worth guentzel straight up at the very least if not more.. the fact is team knows Lindholm have struggled in vancouver and haven't been good outside of faceoff. he's a -5 since coming to vancouver.. if vancouver is to move on from lindholm they wouldn't be trading from strength they are trying to move a guy that isn't helping the team out other than faceoff. he's prolly worth 80% the value we paid for him the way tocchet is playing and deploying him