[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

28 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

coulda woulda shoulda. You're making a ton of hypothetical moves/trades without even thinking things through. 

- How do you know they haven't discussed Lindholm resigning in the offseason already?

- Are you saying we should have kept Horvat over Miller? We were not in a position to sign both for $8m. If you're saying that, then are you saying you would rather have Horvat instead of Miller and Hronek?

- Thats great OEL is doing well in florida, but he wasnt playing well here. Are you saying we should have kept him? and kept the $5.5m cap hit? If yes, then we dont have Soucy or likely Zadorov. Also means we probably wouldnt have found a gem in Juulsen

- Please name the team that was offering us a top 4 Dman for Kuzmenko.

You see, you're living in a fantasy world and not thinking things through to any degree. You want to blame management, but in reality your ideas would have set this team back further than they already are, and we'd be in line for the 1st overall pick this year. I know where i'd rather be.

Maybe take a minute and think about what your actually saying.

Ive listened to the shoulda coulda woulda unrealistic bullshit the last 4 years. Fans expecting a Stanley cup while having to rebuild the entire core and put a few things on the shelf. If this was Benning you would be out with a torch and pitch fork in full regalia. But because its Allvin you pretty much everyone else here ignore the facts.

Horvat and Miller were completely affordable together and who are you to say Horvat wouldn’t take a paycut to stay and not uproot his family? They got JT and Pettersson to leave money on the table, why not Horvat?

Kuzmenko should have been moved last TDL and his value would have been enough for Hronek on his own.

I criticized the Mikheyev signing day one. Thats an awful lot to pay a “PKer”

OEL wasnt playing well in 2021-22??? Did you even watch?? Him and Myers were a top 5 shutdown pair IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. 2022-23 he played through injury, thats no secret and look now that hes healed. Back to himself and we are paying for him to have success elsewhere. By the way that gem in Juulsen was found awhile ago courtesy of JB, yet again another gem added to the stash of gems he left behind.

Im not living in a fantasy, I’m slowly watching a nightmare unfold.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Anyway back on topic…apparently Lindholm to BOS is now off the table. 

I wonder how this will affect the relationship between him and management. 

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

What happened ?

Traded a slumping, offense only winger who wasn't scoring, a late 1st in a shallow draft and a decent but redundant prospect having a great year (and some spare parts) for a solid, 2 way, top 6 RHC. 

Apparently because there's a slim possibility that we may yet/may have considered flipping him for an arguably better fitting/bigger need player, it was a "mistake" to get a better player for the team.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Traded a slumping, offense only winger who wasn't scoring, a late 1st in a shallow draft and a decent but redundant prospect having a great year (and some spare parts) for a solid, 2 way, top 6 RHC. 

Apparently because there's a slim possibility that we may yet/may have considered flipping him for an arguably better fitting/bigger need player, it was a "mistake" to get a better player for the team.

Deal with boston is dead eh? 

Guess I'm not surprised. 

Still hopeful that something else is in the works. This management team tends to keep their lips very tight, not like Benning where it was like a leaky faucet. 

Oh well. This can only either light a fire under Lindholm, it it has the opposite affect knowing that management doesn't want you. 

4 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Can management be blamed? Some of this is on Lindholm for his drop in play right?

And perhaps coaching as well. Tocchet's moved him all around the line up. That does not help with his transition to understanding systems play. 

And yes, I agree that a part of it is his responsibility to play better. Let's hope he does starting tonight against, well, the revamped Vegas cheating team. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

This can only either light a fire under Lindholm, it it has the opposite affect knowing that management doesn't want you. 

Management's job is to manage. Players job is to play. Don't want management to trade your ass? Play better.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

Management's job is to manage. Players job is to play. Don't want management to trade your ass? Play better.

Pro sports in a nutshell. Not personal, it's business. 

• Cheers 1