[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

4 minutes ago, tas said:

to pitt: beecher and podkolzin

to bos: lindholm

to van: guentzel and debrusk

balance and retain salary as needed. 

PIT will want a lot more for giving up Guentzel. 

We have to remember that the Canucks as a whole have played like poop since Lindholm got here.  I still think he is a great asset for a playoff run.  You win with goaltending, defence, and strong centermen, in that order.  EP, Miller, Lindholm, Blueger, Suter, Lafferty give us great strength down the middle.  

Lindholm is a great player, it's the coaches' job to find the role that shows that.  For me, I don't want to give up Lindholm's face-offs and defensive play.  Zadorov compared him to Barkov and Bergeron.  Give him som time.

Edited by DixonWard
  • Like 2

The only players fortunate enough to have consistent linemates are Joshua/Garland and Miller/Boeser. I don't know how we expect Lindholm to find chemistry when he has new linemates decently often. Leave the Swedes together for the remainder of the year. Trading Lindholm, who hasn't found chemistry for Guentzel who has no chemistry is just resetting the chemistry experiment. And should Miller or Petey go down, Lindholm is better center security than Guentzel.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

They'd want a 1st in there, imo

I'd rather have Podz long term in Van than JG for a couple months

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

The only players fortunate enough to have consistent linemates are Joshua/Garland and Miller/Boeser. I don't know how we expect Lindholm to find chemistry when he has new linemates decently often. Leave the Swedes together for the remainder of the year. Trading Lindholm, who hasn't found chemistry for Guentzel who has no chemistry is just resetting the chemistry experiment. And should Miller or Petey go down, Lindholm is better center security than Guentzel.

The Office Yes GIF

Posted (edited)

Perhaps mgmt has had discussions with Lindholm and his reps about an extension and it didn’t go far…?

Mgmt has shown a directive to tidy up any questions surrounding their assets prior to this TDL (eg. EP extension). Would not surprise me if PAJR is insuring on their options/investments in order to capitalize on them if need be for this run.

then again, could also be they just listened in on an offer that included Lindholm. 

or it could all just be shit. 
but it’s TDL, something to talk about amongst the build up.

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

hoz, suter, Milky are AHL wingers?

and wasn't Lindy on a line (yes as a wing) with EP 40 and Hogz????

oooffff Irffff that's a stinky take 

He's referring to Bains and Podz, who have both been on Lindy's wing when called up from the AHL

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

Pens don't

I totally agree. Doesn't change I'd do it... be like the ikea commercials lol

"Start the car"... take that and run. But yea I don't see it.

Edited by Bobby Lou
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Except Boston needs a center, badly. There were rumours of Boston wanting Lindholm both this deadline and as UFA. Now, Boston is somewhat struggling. I can see the Bruins paying up.

if they wanted it that badly they would have paid over the moon to calgary in the first place. at the end of the day i don't see us making any trade for guentzel and lindholm is going to walk in the off season after doing not much in his short tenure as a canuck

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

I would do

To BOS

Lindholm

To PENS

Boston 2025 1st

Bains

Mikheyev

To Van

Debrusk

Guentzal

lol so pittsburgh get fleeced upside down in a deal? a super late 1st.. a borderline prospect and a overpaid 3rd line winger?

28 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

that's already 2 nhl-ready recent first rounders for a rental, but I'd play ball depending on the ask and assuming they retain on guentzel. 

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

if they wanted it that badly they would have paid over the moon to calgary in the first place. at the end of the day i don't see us making any trade for guentzel and lindholm is going to walk in the off season after doing not much in his short tenure as a canuck

Maybe Boston didn't think they needed Lindholm at the time, or not as much. They were killing it pre All Star break.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

lol so pittsburgh get fleeced upside down in a deal? a super late 1st.. a borderline prospect and a overpaid 3rd line winger?

Exactly...

No I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think the market is going to be super strong for expiring UFAs like Guentzal. There are lots of options for players. Buyers market

Guentzal has been on the market for a month or so and hasn't budged. Usually that means a lack of interest. Plus he is still injured.

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's playing very important roles in van........faceoffs and pk

Thats not nothing.  That's a big deficiency if they lose that for a winger

Blueger and Suter are solid bottom six centres.  The upgrade on the top six wing would likely be more significant than the drop off at centre.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Exactly...

No I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think the market is going to be super strong for expiring UFAs like Guentzal. There are lots of options for players. Buyers market

Guentzal has been on the market for a month or so and hasn't budged. Usually that means a lack of interest. Plus he is still injured.

could also be certain conditions simply had to fall into place and it’s just timing though, right?

Forget Guentzel - too high a cost imo.

If Lindy is not working out and BOS wants him badly, something like:

Lindholm + Lafferty

for 

Frederic + Debrusk

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Frederic Pettersson Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Suter Mikheyev

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Blueger and Suter are solid bottom six centres.  The upgrade on the top six wing would likely be more significant than the drop off at centre.

They dont take or win key draws like Lindy does.  I don't really want to see Blue or Suter in the last min taking a key draw in their own end.....miller and Lindy are a good tandem to have for that

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

Forget Guentzel - too high a cost imo.

If Lindy is not working out and BOS wants him badly, something like:

Lindholm + Lafferty

for 

Frederic + Debrusk

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Frederic Pettersson Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Suter Mikheyev

What is the fascination with JD?  I'd be pissed if they moved Lindy for a deal where JD is anything but a thrown in

52 minutes ago, DixonWard said:

We have to remember that the Canucks as a whole have played like poop since Lindholm got here.  I still think he is a great asset for a playoff run.  You win with goaltending, defence, and strong centermen, in that order.  EP, Miller, Lindholm, Blueger, Suter, Lafferty give us great strength down the middle.  

Lindholm is a great player, it's the coaches' job to find the role that shows that.  For me, I don't want to give up Lindholm's face offseason and defensive play.  Zadorov compared him to Barkov and Bergeron.  Give him som time.

It feels like his time here in Vancouver is nearing to an end.