[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

yeah no shit. We’re talking TDL, not a a fantasy draft or anything 

image.jpeg.99532fdf42a9a20841bd9c7cb50a4aac.jpeg

She's pretty but I'm hoping we make a swift return to arguing over Guentzel 

I guess if Lindholm is traded and Guentzel brought in, Petey centres the 2nd line again?

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Guentzel - Pettersson - 

Canucks would still be missing a Top 6 winger, unless they recall Bains? 

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

I guess if Lindholm is traded and Guentzel brought in, Petey centres the 2nd line again?

Guentzel - Pettersson - 

The more important thing is having top tier pairs in each line:

Miller / Brock

Petey / Guentzel 

The 3rd string guy can be a little less skilled but be at the very least hard working checker 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Guentzel - Pettersson - 

You keep Mikheyev there as the line's defensive conscience 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

She's pretty but I'm hoping we make a swift return to arguing over Guentzel 

Yeah I agree this fascination with the celebrity of these two is such Elongated hysteria, pumped up by some sweaty Musky neck beards in the media and Taylor made to manipulate minds and Swiftly distract from reality 

Edited by RWJC
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Wiener 1

14 hours ago, Sell.the.team said:

This rumor has been reported by more than just Johnston including TSN Insider Trading. 

Why does everything have to be the media making stuff up.

People said the media was making stuff up about Petey.... and then he resigned.

Have you ever heard the expression, where there's smoke there's fire.

Since making the Lindholm trade this team has looked awful.  No offensive firepower whatsoever.  Is it that hard for you to believe that maybe they will try to cut their losses on Lindholm and try out a different rental?

The fact that Petey will resign was pretty much a given. It was just a matter of term and $$. Not a single media "insider" said anything about under $12 mil AAV, so there's that... In case of Canadian, and specifically Vancouver, sport media - there's usually a lot more smoke than fire.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I get how we went from a three-way to innuendo but I don't understand how Taylor Swift and Elon Musk got brought into things.. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's the magic of CDC/CFF 

image.gif.73ac3263427f63fa43abde8f2e32736d.gif

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Guentzel - Pettersson - 

Podkolzin man

7 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Perhaps management has a different view but I’m not seeing a cup winner with this team even with Guentzel.  I absolutely can’t see us getting by Vegas or the Oilers in the 2nd round, or a Winnipeg/Colorado in the 3rd round.  Even our first round will go 6-7 games imo with a realistic possibility of us being bounced. I know fans won’t like what I just said, and I’ll gladly eat Ryan Reaves poo if I’m wrong, but it’s just how I see it.  This team is fucked if any one of Miller, Hughes, or Demko go down with injury.  

IF we do Lindholm/Podz for Guentzel (signed before he arrives?) then I’d somewhat be on board with this, but we’ll have basically given up Podz, Hunter, Jurmo, and a 2024 1st all for Guentzel (29 years old……and will be looking for a long term deal).

I know Podkolzin has been slow in his development but I think there’s something there with him.  With OEL’s cap hit going to hit its peak over these next few years, we could use Podkolzin’s ELC.

And you dont think any one of Edmonton, Colorado, Winnipeg or Vegas are fucked if an injury happens to Draistaitl, McDavid, Mackinnon, Makar, Hellebyuck, Ehlers, Eichel, Hill Theodore go down?? Come on man, give your head a fuckin shake. Our bottom 6 has won us how many games this season???

winnipeg is the only team in that has good goaltending or above average for that matter. We are winning games by committee, not solely on star power like the Edmonton, Colorado and Vegas lol why are we even mentioning them in this conversation? We can already clearly see they are fucked when they lose 1 of their star players. Now with Stone gone, they are absolutely fucked. They have been dogshit for a couple months now. They fell out of the top 3 and are in a WC spot. 

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Podkolzin man

Im guessing Podz is getting packaged up. Might explain why Bains was yanked and Podz was brought up for a little flash in the pan…. 

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Im guessing Podz is getting packaged up. Might explain why Bains was yanked and Podz was brought up for a little flash in the pan…. 

Bain definitely is not ready to play top 6 in the playoffs. He should be on the 4th maybe 3rd line. That would be asking way to much. He was showing signs of being a NHL player but I think thats the reason he was sent back down. Even the coach said so. He knows what he needs to work on and the next time how to come back better. Saw he was maybe in over his head a few times. Didn't play bad. How ever toch worded it the day he was sent down. I doubt he gets the right wing on peteys line through a playoff run 

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Bain definitely is not ready to play top 6 in the playoffs. He should be on the 4th maybe 3rd line. That would be asking way to much. He was showing signs of being a NHL player but I think thats the reason he was sent back down. Even the coach said so. He knows what he needs to work on and the next time how to come back better. Saw he was maybe in over his head a few times. Didn't play bad. How ever toch worded it the day he was sent down. I doubt he gets the right wing on peteys line through a playoff run 

Yea true, but Bains was providing chances every game and brought speed. I just question if there was motive behind Podz getting called up. They’ve skipped over him alllll season… until now… just prior to the TDL. Why not Karlsson again? He plays well defensively not a risk on the ice. Or Dries even? Like why not just leave Podz in the A and let him stay focused? Call up guys who can fill a void briefly, not a guy who hopefully takes a spot. 

Edited by AnthonyG

27 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

The more important thing is having top tier pairs in each line:

Miller / Brock

Petey / Guentzel 

The 3rd string guy can be a little less skilled but be at the very least hard working checker 

Is Petey and hogz not a top tier pair?  JG only has 3 more goals than hogz does and gets more favourable mins

28 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You keep Mikheyev there as the line's defensive conscience 

Yeah, I don't get the hanc wringing around mik, he might not be scoring, but he still adds something to whatever line he's on

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Is Petey and hogz not a top tier pair?  JG only has 3 more goals than hogz does and gets more favourable mins

I think Hogs is the hard working checking goalscorer that you put with one of those pairs to complete the line. Love how Hogs has evolved his game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Yeah, I don't get the hanc wringing around mik, he might not be scoring, but he still adds something to whatever line he's on

He's a complimentary middle six forward, most teams have at least one of those 

Rare is the top six that has six legitimate top six players 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think Hogs is the hard working checking goalscorer that you put with one of those pairs to complete the line. Love how Hogs has evolved his game. 

JG has 22 goals getting prime mins and pp time, hogz has 19 with many of them coming from the 4th line, none on the pp.  That move seemed like cutting off your nose to spite your face

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

JG has 22 goals getting prime mins and pp time, hogz has 19 with many of them coming from the 4th line, none on the pp.  That move seemed like cutting off your nose to spite your face

The way our PP is going right now, I’d welcome someone who can finish on it. Also JG is a ppg+ in playoffs, most of our players haven’t even seen a real playoffs.