[Speculation] 3 way trade possibility between VAN, PIT, BOS

22 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Im guessing Podz is getting packaged up. Might explain why Bains was yanked and Podz was brought up for a little flash in the pan…. 

I'd rather package Bains away, Podz is way better.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Is Petey and hogz not a top tier pair?  JG only has 3 more goals than hogz does and gets more favourable mins

tocc has said he wants hoglander to anchor the 4th line. they lost their identity when he promoted nils.  

7 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

The way our PP is going right now, I’d welcome someone who can finish on it. Also JG is a ppg+ in playoffs, most of our players haven’t even seen a real playoffs. 

On the pp, I agree, though id rather give hogz more pp responsibility than spend the assets it'll take to get JG

Posted (edited)

Couple hot takes I just overheard on a podcast:

Guentzel possibly going to Canes for Martin Necas (?)

TOR sniffing around Dumba at 50% retained

Edited by RWJC

2 minutes ago, tas said:

tocc has said he wants hoglander to anchor the 4th line. they lost their identity when he promoted nils.  

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  The longer his tenure, the less I think RT really knows how to coach skilled players.  Who the f*** puts a 20 goal guy on the 4th line

• Cheers 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Guentzel close to going to Canes for Martin Necas

JG for Necas?

why would car do that ?

what a rip off 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think Hogs is the hard working checking goalscorer that you put with one of those pairs to complete the line. Love how Hogs has evolved his game. 

How Hogs set up Petey last night showed everyone what his game is all about. I am sure he is on every other team’s list on trade talks. We haven’t even seen his game top out yet. Adding another top 6 player is hoping that player can revive the goal production we saw earlier in the year. It is entirely possible the existing roster could do that without help. I lean more towards another bigger forward who can physically wear the opposition down. I thought Courtnall was bang on saying that the other day. Get Joshua back, add another big guy and let the d-side bangers bang. Playoffs baby!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

The Mary Tyler Moore Show Please GIF by HULU

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

JG for Necas?

why would car do that ?

what a rip off 

Necas has been in many trade rumours out of Carolina, going back a couple of seasons

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  The longer his tenure, the less I think RT really knows how to coach skilled players.  Who the f*** puts a 20 goal guy on the 4th line

a guy who wants a deep lineup and an effective 4th line?

it's not a knock on hoglander. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

No team is going to give us anything significant for Bains. 

Then we shouldn't give anything else away, I feel like we can't afford to give up anyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Rumour has it the Canes have been big game hunting, maybe they finally get off the fence and go for it

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Rumour has it the Canes have been big game hunting, maybe they finally get off the fence and go for it

Just doesn’t make sense to me though to trade out Necas if they are seriously loading up for a run, but what do I know 

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Necas has been in many trade rumours out of Carolina, going back a couple of seasons

Necas was under performing then 

does that really move the needle for car ? Shipping out a young top 3 forward for an older one ?

5 minutes ago, tas said:

a guy who wants a deep lineup and an effective 4th line?

it's not a knock on hoglander. 

I doubt hogz would see it that way.  They'd be better off going out and getting a 4th line guy and leaving high wherd he is 

What kind of message does that send? Sure, work your ass off, show results but we're going to demoted you anyway because of, you know, identity

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Just doesn’t make sense to me though to trade out Necas if they are seriously loading up for a run, but what do I know 

If that’s being offered you’d think an extension would be in place.

If they’re offering that it’s a pretty easy pass on any trade.

We’d have to offer Hoglander in order to match.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

Necas was under performing then 

does that really move the needle for car ? Shipping out a young top 3 forward for an older one ?

I like necas, but he's pretty soft, on a team that's got uts fair share of soft, skilled guys

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

They need to, desperately 

They needed to the past couple seasons

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Maybe there's more than one move?

They have a good enough prospect pool that they wouldn't have to send Necas to Pittsburgh 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I know Lindholm has struggled offensively but the only way I do this trade is if we do a 1 for 1 swap and Pittsburgh gets everything they want from Boston. Centers are worth more then wingers we shouldn’t have to add on top of Lindholm.

While has been struggling offensively, he brings two elements that would sorely missed if they move him for a W

Key faceoff

PK

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

While has been struggling offensively, he brings two elements that would sorely missed if they move him for a W

Key faceoff

PK

I have definitely been down on Lindholm offensively. But last night was a great example of how important a right shot defensive center is needed, of which we have none without Lindholm. I got caught up a bit in the numbers and have sinced settled in. He should stay. Playoffs will be close games and his skillset will be greatly needed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

I feel like he is one of those guys who has superstar potential or at least game-breaking ability if he just had better work ethic and consistency. Look at how often he goes on streaks where he dominates only to go ice cold. Maybe PIT thinks Sully and Sid can re-energize him, but if Rod the Bod can't I do not know who can lol. 

• Vintage 1