[PGT] Canucks at Kings

A shout out to @OldFaithfulcap and the rest of the reprobates (a term of endearment and you know who you are) that soldiered through to 1:30AM - 2:00AM to see this game through to the end. That is what a die hard fan does.

While Down Under, I sometimes took extended coffee breaks to "work" in private on "important" Story (Agile) review while streaming a Canucks game live ... again, what a true fan does.

image.gif.47268beb69aa7a94d0601bfcdba16d07.gif

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

33 minutes ago, Devron said:

Remember when people were worried about Toccett being the coach 

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

To be honest I still am to an extent. Has a tendency to play overly safe hockey.

I hope he allows the boys the opportunity to carry the puck into the zone like we did in the 2nd and 3rd because that's the difference between us being good vs mediocre. We are a skill team, you have to let the skill go and be creative. It will cause turnovers from time to time but it will also lead to more opportunities as well. 

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

Who scored the Canucks goals?

The guys on 650 and now Tocchet agree with me 

Tocchet said if Demko doesn’t make that save it’s a 2 goal swing, we need 2 goals to win 

650 said LA is great at protecting leads 

Learn to play the game you might realize it’s not just about the score at the end 

plays during the game make a difference in the outcome 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Canucks stopped handing LA the puck on the dump ins and skated it in and took over the game from there. Feels good to beat a bitch ass performance from the LA Minnesota Wild. 

Yep I’m glad they figured that out. I feel like under Green we would have just kept doing it until the end of the game and not scored. 

Good to see them adapt. They have way too much skill to be handing the other team the puck every time. Save the dump and chase for the third and fourth lines.

One thing we gotta start doing more is driving the net when we win the puck battle. Too often it seems like we’re defaulting to passing back to the point. Problem is none of our D outside of Hronek can really shoot. 😂

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Captkirk888 said:

He had a good point, Demko was doing what all the Canucks stars do. We could easily say Miller won the game for us, as he literally did with his goal. But apples and oranges, don’t really care. The guys played well and brought the game and physicality to the Kings over the last 40 especially.

it was a good win.

Miller doesn’t win the game for us if we needed 2 to win

we don’t even get to OT based on how LA can shut you down 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am not surprised at all. You do it all the time. That’s what cracks me up. If you feel the need to rub it in peoples faces. It says a lot more about you than I so whatever floats your boat I guess. 

You just enjoy bitching? What does that make you? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

I've been begging for Bjugstad or Greenway. Please JR/PA!!! 

Or bring up my boy and give him some Miller time, or, even better, some Petey time.  Over the last 2 seasons LK has drawn more penalties than any other AHL'er for goalie whacks and netfront crosschecks.  And he is a goalscorer, moreso than Hogz, Podz or Bains were.  4th line minutes over 4 games don't let him show much

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

I’ll be there! 

going to park at the Bellagio and take the tram to the Park to the T-Mobile Arena! 

Good,booze and gambling close by in case it goes south,lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Thought the point was pretty clear guess Ur too dense to get the point ? Not suprising!

The fact you have to make the post personal tells me a lot about your lack of self-control. I am not taking the bait.

Let’s talk hockey.  

What are your thoughts about the game? 

• MillerTime 1

Fantastic effort by the guyz tonight - diligent checking and zone focus for most of the game - the kind of hockey that may put some to sleep but I absolutely enjoy it - the type of hockey they'll probably see in the playoffs (but with much more hitting) - as RT said earlier in the year, sometimes you take what is given. Nice to have Soucy back - his size and poise is noticeable.  Other than several odd man rushes in the third, thought team positioning was much better than in recent outings.  And the....Demmer's save on Turcotte  was unreal. 

Verry happy with the two points - hopefully they take the good points from tonight and apply it to the next game against Vegas - diligent "team checking" and patience and see how it goes. 

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bardown said:

The guys on 650 and now Tocchet agree with me 

Tocchet said if Demko doesn’t make that save it’s a 2 goal swing, we need 2 goals to win 

650 said LA is great at protecting leads 

Learn to play the game you might realize it’s not just about the score at the end 

plays during the game make a difference in the outcome 

Not a single play but everything in between. But you’re a bandwagon guy so I would not expect you to understand. I don’t need to listen to the radio, I watched the game. Demko was awesome. But he doesn’t score goals. Was he critical to the victory? Absolutely. Did he win the game for us? Well other guys actually scored the goals. EP’s goal was beautiful. BB to JT for the winning goal?  Another beauty. It’s a team effort. 

I hope your ankles are ok. 

• ThereItIs 2

I really liked this game. After their last big loss to the Kings, they shut down their trap and responded with tons of effort. Our boys controlled most of the 2nd and 3rd, and there were few passengers tonight. Demko, Petey and Miller were showing tonight who the Canucks are.

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

Not a single play but everything in between. But you’re a bandwagon guy so I would not expect you to understand. I don’t need to listen to the radio, I watched the game. Demko was awesome. But he doesn’t score goals. Was he critical to the victory? Absolutely. Did he win the game for us? Well other guys actually scored the goals. EP’s goal was beautiful. BB to JT for the winning goal?  Another beauty. It’s a team effort. 

I hope your ankles are ok. 

I’m a bandwagon guy?

I’ve been a fan 2x longer than you’ve be alive 

how were your skating lessons?

Edited by Bardown