[PGT] Canucks at Kings

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd really like to see Lindholm back in the top 6. Maybe with JT & then put Brock with Petey. Gives Petey an option & makes that Miller line even stronger as a matchup option.

If they could bring someone like Zucker aboard as a cheap pickup I'd be in favour of that too. Might not be the answer but might be worth rolling the dice.

I think it’s good for Lindy to ease his way into a new team have less pressure on him find his game… Get used to the new system - get some coaching - get his confidence back

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Massive honourable mention to Trevor Lewis for missing the yawning cage by a California mile at the 3 minute mark of the 3rd!!

Demko may have robbed the rookie a minute earlier and our boys were full value for the win but damn sure Lewisnis gonna be losing sleep over that blunder for a few nights to come 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This doesn’t even make sense. With that logic, if Petey didn’t score to tie it then Demko lost the game for us….

It was 1-1 

IF LA scores there, it’s 2-1 LA who know how to protect leads 

ie it means we probably don’t even get that oppty in OT 

turcotte had an empty net and Demko made one of the best saves of the year 

not sure why this is confusing 

Edited by Bardown
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Games like this show the need for a big body player that can park in front of the net and piss the other goalie off.

Talbot had way too easy of a night and if it wasn’t for a missed empty net by the kings or the post things could have gone the other way.

Really nice to see them play patient and not try and force things to much. That’s how LA gets you. They sit back and wait for you to make mistakes and get frustrated. Very mature game played by the Canucks tonight. Seems like they learned their lesson. 

Agreed. This team has shown they have elite skill but when other teams grind them out, it evens the playing field. It will be great to have Dak back but one more bigger bodied mucker who can bully his way to the net to cause some breakdowns in the defensive structure would go a long way. I also like Podz in his short stint but we need a big body that can get to the net consistently.

I sometimes wonder if it’d be worth giving Zads the Byfuglien treatment in games like this. The guy can skate and has shown some hands, and you don’t have to think as much when you’re playing on your toes as a forward. Would hate to be the defender with him as F1 on the forecheck too.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I think it’s good for Lindy to ease his way into a new team have less pressure on him find his game… Get used to the new system - get some coaching - get his confidence back

Thats fair, I just think JT is dragging guys into the fight right now & maybe that spark could help Lindy.

Plus Lindy does alot of fundamental things well which should aid JT's game. Just a thought, I'd like to see it tried. 

• MillerTime 4

35 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I don't think anyone knew much about Tocchet, as a coach at least. But we had a turnaround the moment he came in Hard to know if it was Tocchet's system, in the little time he had in a half season to teach it, or just the New Coach bump, or if it was just Demko coming back healthy.  But while Tocchet's winning record helped screw the last drops out of any hope of landing Bedard, you could see the beginnings of something good.

My opinion only, Tocchet is the kind of  coach that will get the most out of what he's got. I still think this team is a little soft, and that will show up in the playoffs,  but I also think RT is the guy that can help them reach their full capabilities. If they can't make the ultimate prize, it's not on Tocchet, but on AP and JR to give him what will get them there.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, KFAN said:

My opinion only, Tocchet is the kind of  coach that will get the most out of what he's got. I still think this team is a little soft, and that will show up in the playoffs,  but I also think RT is the guy that can help them reach their full capabilities. If they can't make the ultimate prize, it's not on Tocchet, but on AP and JR to give him what will get them there.

Soilers are soft. We aren’t soft at all. Our guys are hard to play against. Kings are soft in the head. 

• Wiener 1

7 minutes ago, Bardown said:

I guess we go to OT if Demko doesn’t make that ridiculous save huh?

ok

Seems like you’re the one who doesn’t understand 

Ok, I’ll slow it down for you… you say it was 1-1 at the time, now here’s the good part….we scored to tie it. Wait it gets even better, we scored again to win it!  Now wait, let’s go back…. What if we DIDN’T score? Then it would still be 1-0 and any great saves by Demmer would be great, but irrelevant as we LOSE. So if I understand you correctly, the goals we scored don’t matter when it comes to a winning result.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We won because our core is better than theirs. Hughes dominated. Best player on the ice. 

He was by far the best player 

he was elite 

huge game from the huggy bear 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Ok, I’ll slow it down for you… you say it was 1-1 at the time, now here’s the good part….we scored to tie it. Wait it gets even better, we scored again to win it!  Now wait, let’s go back…. What if we DIDN’T score? Then it would still be 1-0 and any great saves by Demmer would be great, but irrelevant as we LOSE. So if I understand you correctly, the goals we scored don’t matter when it comes to a winning result.

LA at home is hard to come back agains - particularly with a LEAD IN THE THIRD 

forest for the trees 

go argue with Tocchet you’re clearly smarter on hockey than he and I - since he agreed with me post game 

Edited by Bardown

9 minutes ago, Falcons said:

Most favourite game of the year!

Well done boys!

Easily one of my favourites too… They took the game away from LA and dominated them from the second onward… it was a thing of beauty…revenge at its finest… We schooled them and we should’ve easily scored more than two goals if we had some puck luck