[PGT] Canucks at Kings

4 hours ago, Bardown said:

Demko won us the game with that save on Turcotte

we really need Joshua back

Forget Guentzel. We need a big winger like Greenway and another on the bottom line. 

I'd say Quinn Hughes driving play and turning the game in our favor won us the game.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Good,booze and gambling close by in case it goes south,lol

I’ll pass… I’ll just go straight home after the game… lol

As a local, I’m sick of this dustbowl city. At least there’s hockey now.

Edited by Crimson JH
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I am SO damn glad we have Zadorov....come playoffs, that's really going to matter.

He was just perfect...letting guys know after the whistle that he was "there".  Not doing anything to be penalized, but making his presence be known.

Happy he's on our side.

Its been ages, since we had a few D-men that could give a few 'shoves' that is felt... Z leads the way, but Juuls, Soucy and Cole all able to as well as is Myers when he plays...  

Its like a new world for this team... or 'back to the future'...

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Most consecutive 60+ assist seasons in NHL history by a defenceman:

Bobby Orr - 6

Paul Coffey - 5

Ray Bourque - 5

Quinn Hughes - 3

His agent negotiating a new contract in 3 years. 

"Well, you know, he's tied a Bobby Orr record..." XD

absolute stud.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes it was a great defensive effort. I really want more winger options in terms of scoring for Petey. It’s the one thing that worries me.

Excuse me? What was wrong with Petey's Goal?

See, you think you are saying something positive but you follow up with a negative. You are not a very good critic to top it off. You sound like a walmart manager, just giving my opinion, nothing wrong with Petey's wingers. I dont know why you use "Worry" so often even when we are winning.

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I love this post. I have to agree. Man can they please go back to these and make fans happy. Listen to your players and fans. Everyone wants it back. Do it. Please!!!

Plans are to remove the seats over the next couple seasons, and replace them with back seats.     Black isn't part of the Orca uni, not really.   Maybe we will finally get what we mostly want.    Make the Orca the third, and okay it 12 times a year.   Although, if they want to use the Skate just for playoffs - that would be fine too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thats fair, I just think JT is dragging guys into the fight right now & maybe that spark could help Lindy.

Plus Lindy does alot of fundamental things well which should aid JT's game. Just a thought, I'd like to see it tried. 

I think the Coaching staff know better than most of us. Do we want our two best faceoff centers on the same line? Really?

Besides, Miller and Brock have their hands full fixing MIK right now... which will happen

16 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I really hate that they never include Boeser in their "Core" comments. Fuckin idiots. That was the perfect assist.

Before this year, Brock really was a support player.   Was always hoping he could become one though, his rookie season sure felt like he was headed that way.   He's back, and better then ever (he was also very good our covid disaster year, one of our best forwards).   Often supported Brock's other skillsets, passing, hockey IQ and that he was a net gain along the boards when he went there.    Right now he's playing his way into becoming out version of Patrick Sharp.   Who for sure was a core member of the Hawks, just not the sexiest one, Toews, Kane, Hossa and Sharp.   That was the forward core group.     There's still room for Brock.   Brock and JT Miller form one of the best lines in hockey this year.    Tochett right from the start tasked them with playing against other teams top lines.    Rarely are they the cause of losing games.     Been our most consistent line with the Thirst Line. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Our physical players were very good. And adding Joshua will help the chemistry.  Especially with Podz re learning his role. Thank goodness we have the coaches he needs.

I think when Joshua is back, Podz is ready for JT or Petey line. I would prefer if JT can still fix MIK and Podz/petey/hogz

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Zombieksa said:

His agent negotiating a new contract in 3 years. 

"Well, you know, he's tied a Bobby Orr record..." XD

absolute stud.

QHs is going to command superstar $$.   Same way EK and Doughty got theirs.    And some maybe.   13.84% of the cap, likely is the low end (that's what they got).    

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Soucy was on my biggest wish list last summer.   Two guys, that impressed me most on MIN, in the bubble, were Hartman and Soucy.    Our D-core also lacked size.   And he wasn't going to cost the farm.     MIN had one of the deepest bluelines then, and Soucy cracked it.    Must have stung losing him.   Kraken not working hard enough to extend him, was our gain.     The guy can lay hits too.   And although he hasn't done it much here yet, score goals.   10 a couple years ago.     Won't be hard at all to earn more than his cap hit.    With Zadorov on the team too, our D finally looks like it should.   

Juulsen is like wearing a jacket you haven't in years, and finding a couple hundred bucks tucked away and forgotten.    What a difference a year makes.     For the first time in a decade, we've got six legit NHLers, 7 really to work with.   Fabulous. 

Edit:  Goes to show how valuable a coaching staff like ours is.   Soucy on signing, one of the biggest reasons he choose us (had lots of interest), was being able to work with Foote and Gonchar, that's what he had to say anyways.   

This ^^^^^^^

What a difference it makes that we are not looking like lambs to the slaughter any more... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This ^^^^^^^

What a difference it makes that we are not looking like lambs to the slaughter any more... 

no kidding! We could even trade Cole this week instead of letting him walk this summer!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

no kidding! We could even trade Cole this week instead of letting him walk this summer!

Cole just might be our 7th D at this point.    Wouldn't trade him, need depth to win a cup. 

• Cheers 1