[PGT] Canucks at Kings

2 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

no kidding! We could even trade Cole this week instead of letting him walk this summer!

We could, but we aren't going to... he'll be our insurance, and the fact we can rotate our bottom 4 at least matters big time...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Semantics my friend. I’m not arguing that Demko’s save was not spectacular. Someone made the point that it was a team win, the stars (Demko included) all doing their part. When I said it was apples and oranges, my point was that If Petey doesn’t score, the save is irrelevant. It was a good team win.

We could go back and forth if you want, but it’s not about being right, because we both are…. right.

Oh, also I am glad you had a chance to chat with Tocchet post game. Next time you see him tell him I said hi, and I think he’s a great coach!

We are all Canucks, after all, first and foremost 

GCG

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

100%... some of the hits dished out by Z and Juuls in particular, would/will zap the energy out of any forward over a 7 game series...

They aren't just hitting, but hitting to hurt... 

It feels like its been forever since we've had that...

Soucy probably needs to just play his game,  however when he sees an opportunity,  can flatten guys too.    Wonder how Tochett will use this as a tactic.   Nice thing is, if things go into the Alley, this team can respond with clean, but nasty hits.     EDM can be a dirty team.   Feel a lot better with this group over the one we had with Green in the bubble.   We have flipped that script (Vegas 2.0, we'd be the Vegas ... they've lost Tuch and Patches, and can pound away at Eichel and Stone, marshmallow boy). 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

100%... some of the hits dished out by Z and Juuls in particular, would/will zap the energy out of any forward over a 7 game series...

They aren't just hitting, but hitting to hurt... 

It feels like its been forever since we've had that...

That slapshot after the Petterson goal, which took out the LA blocking guy nailed the game. Between the hits and the slapshots from our Dmen, we are going to take any 7 game series against anyone.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Cole just might be our 7th D at this point.    Wouldn't trade him, need depth to win a cup. 

3 mill is alot of cap room, after the TDL we can bring up additional guys from Abby on standby. with some extra cap, we could have woo, wolanin, freedman all as 7th dmen.

I think the roster size goes away but the cap doesnt? something like that.

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He's strung together a few good games now and has really stood out to me.

I really like his physicality, that'll be huge in the playoffs. He's #17 overall in the NHL for hits yet he's played 10-15 games less than some.

I also loves how he's RIGHT there when there's a scuffle. Got your back team player.

That's it really, he can take that 3rd pair spot next year imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

QHs is going to command superstar $$.   Same way EK and Doughty got theirs.    And some maybe.   13.84% of the cap, likely is the low end (that's what they got).    

Least its not the nfl where players would complain and get a huge extension early. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That's it really, he can take that 3rd pair spot next year imo.

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

4. On the LA goal, Hronek made two bad plays and Mik lost a puck battle. Everyone makes mistakes and Hronek is very good, but not as good as his numbers would suggest as he gets a huge boost from playing with Hughes. He will be looking for an overpayment this summer. It might make sense to trade him in the summer while his value is high.

I think Hughes and Juules looked great together. But the problem is Hronek falls apart when not with Hughes.

JamesB has it right, Hronek is going to want crazy money for just being Hughes' shadow. Maybe now is the time to use Hronek as an asset? Otherwise, summer after we win the cup.

I do love to see a Hronek slapper take down one of the blockers!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I didn’t see it myself but here’s a comment from someone else. Also a little bit of karma after Fiala going down so easy and drawing a penalty on Hronek in the third period last game.

Refs also missed a jersey tug by Petey in ot.

IMG_1162.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

Interesting that the Kings broadcast was ok with it. Cool, thanks!

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya that’s why we all should keep

it hockey related rather than attacking and saying people aren’t fans and you only post negative comments which isn’t true. They only wish to POST to the negative comments. Usually it’s comments like where are all the naysayers now?nWhat are you looking for when you make that comment. Easy. Attention.

No, not attention. Some consistency. Jumping on board when the team gets hot but SO quick to turn. 

Everyone can be a fan however they like, however....this team gets slagged a lot. It sticks. We get enough of it from the media megaphones out there.

I think it's more that those who take any opportunity to slam the team are seeking attention. Because if they really don't believe this team is any good (which some here portray) then why would they even bother? 

Our fanbase is jaded and it's understandable...we're long suffering at this point. But at some point, you have to buy into the team. They HAVE had a great season but some keep finding reasons to try to diminish it. It's more of them seeking "aha, told you so!" moments in my view. Attention

Teams win and lose. They aren't always "on"...all teams, not just this team. But somehow this team gets scrutinized even WHEN they've managed to stay atop the league. It's kind of ridiculous. 

Can they play better than they have lately? Of course. And it's ok to say that....but some go a lot further than that.

We're finally having a really fun year yet there are those who chime in with negativity at every opportunity. You don't have to be sunshine and roses but to deny that this team's doing some really great things is just silly. Some here have their "winners" picked out in advance and haven't factored this team into the equation. That's on them.

And I do use Miller as an example because people wrote him off so early. Learn from those mistakes rather than keep making them. As I've said before...pace yourself. Don't decide "good/bad" every single game.

Go with the flow. See what unfolds rather than tell us what's going to unfold based on history that this team is rewriting.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

I think Hughes and Juules looked great together. But the problem is Hronek falls apart when not with Hughes.

JamesB has it right, Hronek is going to want crazy money for just being Hughes' shadow. Maybe now is the time to use Hronek as an asset? Otherwise, summer after we win the cup.

Hronek is one of the best right shot D in the league. Hughes is a phenom; he will make any player look better. As we found out with Fat Wallet, this management will trade any player who is demanding more money then they are worth. Hronek is worth 7.15 x 7. If he’s expecting more then he will be traded after this June’s Cup parade down Georgia. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hronek is one of the best right shot D in the league. Hughes is a phenom; he will make any player look better. As we found out with Fat Wallet, this management will trade any player who is demanding more money then they are worth. Hronek is worth 7.15 x 7. If he’s expecting more then he will be traded after this June’s Cup parade down Georgia. 

This is true.

Also, if we do lock him up at a reasonable contract, when we get into the OEL big hit we can trade him then, teams would jump at a chance to give us their 1st and 2nd picks. With that cap space we re-sign Brock and Demko

This is true.

Also, if we do lock him up at a reasonable contract, when we get into the OEL big hit we can trade him then, teams would jump at a chance to give us their 1st and 2nd picks. With that cap space we re-sign Brock and Demko

We could but we won’t. We will have Willander playing on his elc during the oelevator high cost (2) years. Unlike Benning, the Moran, this management has a plan. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

One of the big positives is that this team can really play different styles. We've outskilled teams and outscored them, we've scored first and shut down teams, and we've roared back when down and outhit and outworked like tonight. Demko is capable of being a monolithic iceman or an absurd acrobat with hands like an orca snatching whatever it wants.

We aren't perfect but we have a range of different skills and size. One more big road game then 9 at home to reestablish the forecheck, tighten coverage and fix the powerplay. 

The 2003-04 team lacked grinders and goaltending, the 2010-11 team lacked big line killer scoring in big moments. This team's core has been up and down for years but it's coming together with new faces, growth and commitment. This team is incredible when everything is going along (like the rangers game) or when it is tired and needs a hero like miller, demko, hughes or pettey (like this game) to break through. 

I think we're going to see the early dominance return over the next few weeks just in time to have it all in place for the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

It'll be an interesting decision this offseason for Hronek for sure. I can see us going to arbitration.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

If these guys are letting Podz go, they better fucking send Mik with him.

I really hope they don't let him go as well. I can only assume this is a trade? They clearly don't want Aman playing & Joshua isn't on the trip.